talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming Tournaments

football forum

• Subscriber

Any of you follow any tournaments and if so, what are they? I follow quite a few like the ones below.

• DOTA - The International
  • Street Fighter - Capcom Tour
  • EVO - SF
  • EVO - Guilty Gear Strive
  • EVO - Killer Instinct
  • Combo Breaker - Killer Instinct

I think anything the FGC puts out with a bigger ladder is quite enjoyable just because the games are relatively short because the skill bracket is quite disparate. It also makes for quite a fun watch if you see favorites getting knocked to losers bracket and make their way back into winners. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Don't really follow anything as such. Watched a few EVO  ones with Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs. Capcom, but that's about it.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I did compete in a Pokémon tournament when Red, Blue and Yellow were out.

Don't know how I forgot Mahvel in the whole list. It used to be super competitive when Justin Wong was playing but now its gotten a bit drab  and honestly the roster + mechanics this last iteration have been rather rubbish. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Machado said:

I follow everything LoL. Enjoying the world championship at the moment as a couple of european teams finally seem to be good enough to compete with the eastern powerhouses.

I think its also how those eastern teams have trained over the years. Some of the documentaries I have watched show them cloistered in houses and having regiments for training, etc. Its quite crazy how much time they put into the game. 

Edit: I have always wanted to get into LoL but DOTA was where it started for me and its hard to think of transitioning.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Don't know how I forgot Mahvel in the whole list. It used to be super competitive when Justin Wong was playing but now its gotten a bit drab  and honestly the roster + mechanics this last iteration have been rather rubbish. 

I only really watched bits of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 really. The same with the other games as well.

While I know that they're there to win the tournament and take home the top prize, what irked me a bit (at least for Marvel vs. Capcom 3) is that the teams each player picked were always similar, with odd variations here and there. It's just a bit boring really.

For Mortal Kombat (and I'm admittedly being very picky here), you can practice for ages to get the combos right, learn when to counter etc, but can't even be arsed to please the crowd by learning a fatality or two?

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I only really watched bits of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 really. The same with the other games as well.

While I know that they're there to win the tournament and take home the top prize, what irked me a bit (at least for Marvel vs. Capcom 3) is that the teams each player picked were always similar, with odd variations here and there. It's just a bit boring really.

For Mortal Kombat (and I'm admittedly being very picky here), you can practice for ages to get the combos right, learn when to counter etc, but can't even be arsed to please the crowd by learning a fatality or two?

This right here is what I don't get either. It's a core mechanic of the game and you rarely see it executed.

Archived