talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2022

football forum

Look, as mentioned, not a huge fan, but thought a separate Cricket thread may be cool and offer banter when England lose lots. I'm going to try go to a game in Perth, so will be interesting to see how that goes.

Any predictions for the winners? This is the one format I don't really follow, but England are meant to be decent at t20 are they? NZ maybe? India?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Toinho said:

Look, as mentioned, not a huge fan, but thought a separate Cricket thread may be cool and offer banter when England lose lots. I'm going to try go to a game in Perth, so will be interesting to see how that goes.

Any predictions for the winners? This is the one format I don't really follow, but England are meant to be decent at t20 are they? NZ maybe? India?

England or Pakistan I think will win. 

I want loads of Mankadding just to ruffle some feathers. Can even be against India. 

I don't think we'll do well. 

We'll probably beat Pakistan in the opener and then mess up too many times against someone else. The form hasn't been great going into the tournament.

England have 5 or 6 big hitters, so even if just one of them go large, it'll be enough. 

Pakistan have a solid opening pair and very good fast bowling attack. 

Australia probably have the most well-rounded squad and on home soil so could make it to the final. 

New Zealand always have the 'underdog' title but are actually quite competent. 

South Africa are too hit and miss in my opinion. Superb bowling attack but after De Kock and perhaps 1 or 2 others, the batting is lacking. 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

This format of having qualifers before the main round is good. FIFA should have gone for the same if they wanted to expand.

Not enough time in the football calendar I imagine.

It would be nice to win this given we are currently the World Champions in the 50 over format. 

But also because we've been the best side and somehow found a way to lose this tournament the last couple times.

Lost that final when Carlos Brathwaite hit those famous four sixes in the last over, then lost to New Zealand last year in the semi's when pretty much slaughtering every side to that point.

Team looks well set despite losing Bairstow, massive plus getting Livingstone back in time, hopefully he can cause some carnage in the middle.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Makes the group B easier unless Netherlands and Ireland keep upsetting. Pakistan India opening match will likely be washed out due to rain. Considering how the group has turned out this might benefit both teams.

Seems like first few days might be washed out. 

Archived