• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2022

football forum

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Unbelievable game. Credit to both sides for producing and creating that kind of drama. Sensational match. 

Topsy turvy. Pakistan lose their openers. Recover, post a decent total. 

India collapse to begin. Kohli produces one of his finest innings. 

Then how do you even explain that last over or two xD

Madness. I can breathe now. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

And now the discussion on whether it was a dead ball on the free hit is doing the rounds. I think the law of the game says it is a dead ball if it hits the stumps and no if it's a catch. 

I think it was until stump is taken out, so 2 runs count and not the 3rd. Rizwan should have taken out the stump straight away but must be hard to think so quickly like that about a rule that doesn't happen so often. 

I hope the game is remembered as a spectacle on the whole, and the dramatic finish, not just for that moment. 

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Shaheen has changed his run up and slowered his pace after the injury. If this a long term thing then he may not be as effective as before. 

Shows you how unforgiving fast bowling can be, one injury and you may be done for.

This is also my worry for Bumrah. Stress fracture of the back could alter his career forever. 

Why on earth did we run a tournament in a tinpot country like Australia? Can hardly supply a match, let alone a full one. What kind of hosts are they?

This rate, we might as well play out the tournament on Brian Lara Cricket on the Playstation and have some real fun.

Shotgun Sri Lanka.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

I loved Brian Lara Cricket. I did a hack in that game by moving the fielder away from the stumps making the batsmen run but would then throw to get run outs.

Cheat codes on that game were brilliant.

Sunshine, solid oak, superman, big balls, butterfingers all come to mind.

• Administrator
On 30/10/2022 at 10:45, Beelzebub said:

Chased 92 against Netherlands in the 14th over without hitting a six. This leadership and management needs to change.

Boundaries are massive in Australia though. I expected more sixes and 'fireworks' across the whole tournament. But I guess teams are finding their feet and some of the smaller nations (Ireland, Zimbabwe, SL, Netherlands) have tested batsman/bowlers more than expected.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Boundaries are massive in Australia though. I expected more sixes and 'fireworks' across the whole tournament. But I guess teams are finding their feet and some of the smaller nations (Ireland, Zimbabwe, SL, Netherlands) have tested batsman/bowlers more than expected.

It was the intent they went with. Babar, Rizwan and Shan Masood all play the role of an anchor they needed to send some hard hitter up the order when you know run rate is going to decide things if you have a chance of progressing.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

New Zealand and England are the favourites now. Anyone winning it from group B would be a surprise.

Did you watch the game earlier?

Very good to watch, up and down for both sides throughout each innings. England look to have hit form with Buttler & Hales scoring well.

• Administrator

Group has set up very nicely!

image.png

Final group games

Ireland vs New Zealand
Australia vs Afghanistan
Sri Lanka vs England

Ireland and Afghanistan can't qualify.
Sri Lanka need to beat England and hope one of Aus/NZ lose. 

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

59 from 26 and counting. Das is gas. 

Out of nowhere too. Great hitting.

Superb throw from Rahul to run him out just then. 

Archived