Recent Form
Leicester - LWLLL
Crystal Palace - WLDDL

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

It's hard to look past yet another pathetic loss. They've not beaten us since Puel's last game as it happens though.

You know how it goes though...

Score first.
Palace score.
Players shit the bed.
Vieira makes subs.
Rodgers shits the bed even more.
Palace score again.
Meekly chase the game.
Amartey on for an attacker.
Palace score to seal the game.

Rodgers stays in his job. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

You know how it goes though...

Score first.
Palace score.
Players shit the bed.
Vieira makes subs.
Rodgers shits the bed even more.
Palace score again.
Meekly chase the game.
Amartey on for an attacker.
Palace score to seal the game.

Rodgers stays in his job. 

You putting 1-4 on predictions made me laugh I can't lie. You really wouldn't rule it out though.

That Bournemouth farce was everything I feared it would be. Here I can only see more of the same and these are a bit better than Bournemouth. I also can't remember the last time we played well in an early kick off.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

You putting 1-4 on predictions made me laugh I can't lie. You really wouldn't rule it out though.

That Bournemouth farce was everything I feared it would be. Here I can only see more of the same and these are a bit better than Bournemouth. I also can't remember the last time we played well in an early kick off.

You laugh because you know it's true xD.

Didn't Puel lose his last game 4-1 to Palace? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

You laugh because you know it's true xD.

Didn't Puel lose his last game 4-1 to Palace? 

Correct. Was also on TV.

I'll be really surprised if this goes well. Forest was a one off in every sense. Perfect storm. Awful opposition and fans really up for it. This just hasn't got quite the same ring. Not excited.

• Administrator

Enjoy the 3 points @The Palace Fan.

You'll have Zaha up against an exposed and lone Castagne. And Eze or Olise up against Justin by himself because Barnes will leave him exposed too. 

And Ward/Amartey/Soumare as part of the spine of our team. You're bound to have a field day. 

To pass time I have thought of an ex-Palace Leicester XI which is a reflection of how bored I've been:

Stuart Taylor

Delaney - Tunchev - McCarthy - McGivern

Danns - Schlupp

Scowcroft - Collymore - Phillips - Dickov

It's Leicester City's fault that we'd be toothless in midfield.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

To pass time I have thought of an ex-Palace Leicester XI which is a reflection of how bored I've been:

Stuart Taylor

Delaney - Tunchev - McCarthy - McGivern

Danns - Schlupp

Scowcroft - Collymore - Phillips - Dickov

It's Leicester City's fault that we'd be toothless in midfield.

Ryan McGivern getting in ant side is a huge surprise xD

Was he any good for you? 

Had no idea Collymore and Dickov played for you. 

As for this game. Slow. If we moved the ball forward and quicker we can get in behind. Expected more so far from Palace's attacking players. No shot on goal yet. No doubt that'll change 2nd half because we'll make a stupid mistake. Only so many times Amartey and Soumare can lose the ball and get away with it. 

Not an exciting watch for the neutral... 

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ryan McGivern getting in ant side is a huge surprise xD

Was he any good for you? 

Had no idea Collymore and Dickov played for you. 

As for this game. Slow. If we moved the ball forward and quicker we can get in behind. Expected more so far from Palace's attacking players. No shot on goal yet. No doubt that'll change 2nd half because we'll make a stupid mistake. Only so many times Amartey and Soumare can lose the ball and get away with it. 

Not an exciting watch for the neutral... 

I like the battle your defence/midfield have had to play it out the back tbh, beaten Palace’s pressing countless times. Not terrible, just need to finish chances

15 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The last three games have show  we lack the necessary bite to finish in the top half this season. Really disappointing we didn't test Ward more.

You was like that against us tbh. An ongoing problem this season?

42 minutes ago, Danny said:

You was like that against us tbh. An ongoing problem this season?

Definitely. I said last three to compensate for the three week break we had but the truth is we lacked bite against Brentford and Newcastle before the break too. 

I think the club know we're two players light at the minute as we didn't replace Gallagher and Benteke. It's disappointing as with the starts Leicester, Villa and West Ham have made it feels like we're squandering a good opportunity to take a big stride forwards.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

The last three games have show  we lack the necessary bite to finish in the top half this season. Really disappointing we didn't test Ward more.

I was surprised at how ineffective Zaha, Eze, Ayew were. And thought Olise would have made an impact.

I was genuinely fearing them all before the game!

Zaha looked very stroppy going off.

• The title was changed to Leicester 0-0 Crystal Palace - Saturday 15th October, 2022
  • Subscriber

If you were taking that game as entirely individual you would say it wasn't scandalous. But that's really what it's come to. We're in deep shit and I really do fear we're going to drop. It's a perfect storm of circumstances.

We edged it I think but there was nothing that clear either. Palace offered so little. Really disappointing from them.

45 minutes ago, Dan said:

If you were taking that game as entirely individual you would say it wasn't scandalous. But that's really what it's come to. We're in deep shit and I really do fear we're going to drop. It's a perfect storm of circumstances.

We edged it I think but there was nothing that clear either. Palace offered so little. Really disappointing from them.

You looked good. Nothing scandalous at all. Just no end product.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

You looked good. Nothing scandalous at all. Just no end product.

It was better but it's another bad result. For me that kind of game is the quiet killer. A lot will be put on collapsing at places like Spurs but given we've already started so terribly we have to win games like today.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived