16/04/2021 - Everton 2-2 Tottenham

Recent Form
Tottenham - WWDLW
Everton - LWWDD

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This has gone pretty much as expected. Not seen anything to surprise me from our side in a good or bad way. There's a big gap in quality between these two sides. We've come with a game plan that can get you a result with a bit of luck but not when you miss two decent chances like we did in the first half and make a mistake to give them the opening goal. It's not been difficult for them since they took the lead.

• Subscriber

Biggest takeaway from that is that Everton are still shite. Just a lot more organised.

Drab first half but thought we were good second half once Bissouma came on. Much prefer the 3cms when Kulusevski is unavailable 

Bentancur best player on the pitch, class

• The title was changed to Tottenham 2-0 Everton - Saturday 15th October, 2022

I think he's going to be forced into three in midfield next match with Richarlison injured and Kulusevski just returning and unfortunately for them, we look so much better with Bissouma in there, which totally frees up PEH and Bentancour to do their thing going forward, as evidenced by the goal.

We were also helped by having Doherty in rather than Emerson as Doherty can actually play the position of right wing back and with he and Perisic, we actually looked a threat which we just don't with Emerson and Sessengon.

We took over the game as soon as the formation changed.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Just seen it, don't think the keeper touched him at all... 

I'm not sure if Pickford's face into the turf straight afterwards was because he knew he'd fouled Kane or if it was to protect himself but whatever, I agree it was a very tame penalty. The second goal was a deflection which concerns me. My team was lucky today and again I'm left frowning about the form. I've always preferred to win by good form, open play goals not wins such as today. The manner of the win is more important than the win itself because I look on the form of the last match and think of the next match and I'm not too hopeful at the moment. I'm just waiting for that marquee performance to really set the good play going.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I'm not sure if Pickford's face into the turf straight afterwards was because he knew he'd fouled Kane or if it was to protect himself but whatever, I agree it was a very tame penalty. The second goal was a deflection which concerns me. My team was lucky today and again I'm left frowning about the form. I've always preferred to win by good form, open play goals not wins such as today. The manner of the win is more important than the win itself because I look on the form of the last match and think of the next match and I'm not too hopeful at the moment. I'm just waiting for that marquee performance to really set the good play going.

You have to be a parody at this point.

why would a deflected goal concern you?

we weren’t lucky at all, we controlled the game and won comfortably 

frowning about the form? It’s our best ever start to a premier league season

When are you going to understand this is how we play. We are a very good, boring, team. We consistently get results like this not out of luck or fluke but because that is how we are set up. 

34 minutes ago, Storts said:

You have to be a parody at this point.

why would a deflected goal concern you?

we weren’t lucky at all, we controlled the game and won comfortably 

frowning about the form? It’s our best ever start to a premier league season

When are you going to understand this is how we play. We are a very good, boring, team. We consistently get results like this not out of luck or fluke but because that is how we are set up. 

Tottenham has a history of entertaining, not boring football and a deflection is luck and not good form. I've always maintained that good form lasts longer than good luck because once that luck runs out as it always does we are not left with good form and bad results follow.. We seem, in certain aspects to be returning to old results i.e not beating a London club and not beating top teams, Arsenal and Chelsea spring to mind..

Controlled the game when Everton could easily have gone ahead twice before we scored by a very tame penalty? At times we let them back in. Sorry Storts, I don't agree with you. I'll be watching very closely which Man Utd turns up against Newcastle. We have no more relegation candidates to play before The World Cup. Like I said, I'm waiting for better form.

You shouldn’t be expecting swashbuckling football from Conte - I’d advise learn to love getting the right results despite playing some ugly turgid stuff. He might buck the trend of the way it’s been historically done at Spurs… but that also might mean winning a big trophy.

45 minutes ago, Stan said:

Richarlison didn't score a hat-trick. It was the perfect chance to prove himself against his old club. 

@Storts how can you be happy about him signing?! 

I for one didn't expect a hat trick from him for one very simple tradition. Normally, when there's a Spurs connection, we normally lose the first match against that team but this time we didn't, the trend was broken I'm happy to say but we still made hard work of it.

Richarlison has scored 2 goals all season and that was against a ten man team but, the season's relatively young. He's injured, not sure of the extent yet.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You shouldn’t be expecting swashbuckling football from Conte - I’d advise learn to love getting the right results despite playing some ugly turgid stuff. He might buck the trend of the way it’s been historically done at Spurs… but that also might mean winning a big trophy.

Ok Dr, I'll take that on board...........thank you.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Stan, do you think he really belongs in a Spurs shirt?

I think he is good enough, yes, and shouldn't be written off so early in his Spurs career. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

11 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Tottenham has a history of entertaining, not boring football and a deflection is luck and not good form. I've always maintained that good form lasts longer than good luck because once that luck runs out as it always does we are not left with good form and bad results follow.. We seem, in certain aspects to be returning to old results i.e not beating a London club and not beating top teams, Arsenal and Chelsea spring to mind..

Controlled the game when Everton could easily have gone ahead twice before we scored by a very tame penalty? At times we let them back in. Sorry Storts, I don't agree with you. I'll be watching very closely which Man Utd turns up against Newcastle. We have no more relegation candidates to play before The World Cup. Like I said, I'm waiting for better form.

Yeah and where has that got us over the past 30 years? 

We are in excellent form, our best ever start to a premier league season, Conte has a 63% win percentage over 50+ PL games for spurs which is sensational.

You seem to have remarkably high standards that are impossible to reach. Yes it’s not always pretty, and always room for improvement but we are so organised, so well structured and have plenty of goals in this team. I’m more than happy with how things are going currently 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Richarlison didn't score a hat-trick. It was the perfect chance to prove himself against his old club. 

@Storts how can you be happy about him signing?! 

You’re right. Good job he’s injured now. We can get a chance to see some of those real talents like Lucas Moura or Bryan Gil

• The topic was unpinned

Archived