Aston Villa 0-2 Chelsea - Sunday 16th October, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p       VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
26/12/2021 - Aston Villa 1-3 Chelsea
22/09/2021 - Chelsea p2-1 Aston Villa (EFL Cup)
11/09/2021 - Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa

Recent Form
Aston Villa - DDWDL
Chelsea - WWWWD

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I don't understand how many Villa matches have been on recently. But Villa vs Man City or Chelsea feels like a regular choice.

They are all cities with large populations.

Coutinho & Buendia both on the bench.

Ings starts, with Watkins out wide.

I feel I agree with the 1st bit, but would use Ramsey more advanced, with whatever 3rd midfielder while Kamara is injured. So Nakamba or Dendonker, as Sanson literally is waiting for some French club to take him home.

The best Villa can do is somehow scrape something.

Best Chelsea can do is a big demolition job.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Who is this Goalkeeper and what has he done with Kepa.

Just wait until a player tries to shoot from outside the box. 

Riding on some good fortune as of late. Football needs to improve and Potter’s biggest task is to improve the attacking players. Something Tuchel was incapable of doing for the past 2 years. 

Reece James being out shouldn’t excuse a drop in such form. 

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 0-2 Chelsea - Sunday 16th October, 2022
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Heard Kepa had a worldie of a game. 

Rejuvenated under Potter? 

Majority of the attempts were savable, but there were 2 in particular where Kepa deserves a lot of credit. 

Backline looks a lot more calm and composed with Kepa as opposed to Mendy. There seemed to be a trust issue with the latter and it showed. 

Fulham away & Brentford at Villa Park up next.

Honestly feels to me anything less than 4 points really should be making people get very serious as to who takes over from Gerrard. While it still could seem reasonably attractive to a good proven manager.

Something needs changing, because the club is comparatively spending more than in a long, long time, yet just spaffing around like bottom 6 is the expectation.

13 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Fulham away & Brentford at Villa Park up next.

Honestly feels to me anything less than 4 points really should be making people get very serious as to who takes over from Gerrard. While it still could seem reasonably attractive to a good proven manager.

Something needs changing, because the club is comparatively spending more than in a long, long time, yet just spaffing around like bottom 6 is the expectation.

To be fair you played well. Just came up against a better team. I don't agree that a minimum of 4 points should be expected from your next 2 games. I think if you beat Brentford but loose to Fulham that's not what you want but I wouldn't sack gerrard based on that. Fulham away is a tough game. 

• The topic was unpinned
11 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

To be fair you played well. Just came up against a better team. I don't agree that a minimum of 4 points should be expected from your next 2 games. I think if you beat Brentford but loose to Fulham that's not what you want but I wouldn't sack gerrard based on that. Fulham away is a tough game. 

There has been a performance improvement, as far at it goes, since the Man City game.

And I get that in 1 year it could all be turned around, like Arteta. But right now Gerrard is 1 year in, and it's near enough the same league position he came in with. Adding Coutinho to Buendia, rather than another pacy wide attacker to Bailey must be largely on him & it's showing zero sign of working to me. I get that some players in the squad are either not at it, or more worryingly, just not suited to it.

9 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

There has been a performance improvement, as far at it goes, since the Man City game.

And I get that in 1 year it could all be turned around, like Arteta. But right now Gerrard is 1 year in, and it's near enough the same league position he came in with. Adding Coutinho to Buendia, rather than another pacy wide attacker to Bailey must be largely on him & it's showing zero sign of working to me. I get that some players in the squad are either not at it, or more worryingly, just not suited to it.

Thought you were a little unlucky, you had a fair few chances just couldn't put them away, Kepa pulled off a couple of great saves that kept us in front, don't think you lacked commitment and effort just didn't have the luck.. 

Archived