The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-0 Man City - Sunday 16th October, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

155.png       VS      1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
30/07/2022 - Liverpool 3-1 Man City (Community Shield)
16/04/2022 - Man City 2-3 Liverpool (FA Cup)
10/04/2022 - Man City 2-2 Liverpool

Recent Form
Liverpool - WLWDW
Man City - DWWWW

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant really decide who I want to win this. If liverpool win we can open up a 4 point lead over city. However as I've said I dont expect us to challenge for the title. If man city win we can go 14 points of liverpool with a game in hand. Which would give us a huge advantage over a champions league rival. 

We have a shocking record at Liverpool and they will be up for this with it being City so the form book goes out the window, it's anyone's game. Haaland should be extra up for this given the stick he got from Liverpool fans in the dinner plate game

Walker, Phillips & Stones out. i'm predicting this team

Ederson

Cancelo - Akanji - Dias - Ake

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Bernardo

Foden - Haaland - Grealish

BENCH:- Ortega, Laporte, Gomez, Lewis, Gundogan, Palmer, Mahrez, Alvarez, Esbrand

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

No, he's had an operation so will be out for a bit i believe and a doubt for the world cup

Cheers, what about Walker? Is he out?

I don't have a great feeling about this and I'm worried about a European hangover - but hopefully the result against Rangers gave some players a much needed confidence boost. Got a lot of injuries so... I'm not 100% sure how we'll be set up.

Getting a win against City and building some momentum for our league campaign would be great. I don't think it's realistic though, they're in good form... we're in bad form and now nursing players back to health. And with our shambolic defending and Haaland making a mockery of defenses in England... our odds of getting a result don't look good.

6 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Cant really decide who I want to win this. If liverpool win we can open up a 4 point lead over city. However as I've said I dont expect us to challenge for the title. If man city win we can go 14 points of liverpool with a game in hand. Which would give us a huge advantage over a champions league rival. 

I think if you're in a title race with City in this era... you've got to be hoping we win. They're a hard team to compete with over the course of the season - harder than any other title opponent you had in the Wenger era, because the standard Guardiola has set means you've got to be so close to having a perfect league campaign to keep the challenge going until late in the season.

Any points they drop are a massive opportunity for you, tbh. They're going to win the league for most seasons in the foreseeable future imo - just like they have dominated the league for a while. You never know when your era of being genuine title contenders might end - beating them to a title would be a massive accomplishment.

But CL qualification should be the bare minimum Arsenal are shooting for this season - so it's understandable to want to have a big advantage over a rival. Although realistically with the way we've played this season, it looks like we will struggle to seriously even contend for qualification. Obviously things can still turn around... but it's easier to judge things based off what you've actually seen this season.

In any case, widening the gap between yourselves and City is good for both your CL qualification chances and winning the title.

Strangely, I think the fact Van Dijk is up against Haaland may be the kick up the arse he needs.

I expect him to raise his game against argaubly the most in form player in the world right now. Should be a great battle.

• Subscriber

I'd be very tempted to give Harvey a start tomorrow and put Bobby on to begin the game. He's a link player and that's what we're going to need against City. Plus, having him in the front and Thiago/Fab in the mid gives us far better possession chances than if we play Henderson in there. 

klippity Klopp at it again, "poor Liverpool" can't compete with City or Newcastle that "have no ceiling" .   last I checked Liverpool's wages are more than 3x ours and they outspent us.  

Our salary cap is 200k maximum Liverpool have like 7 players over that.   I wish teams will stop bitching and Klopp needs to shut up and concentrate on fixing the shit job he is doing right now or he may be next in the unemployment line.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Man City - Sunday 16th October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived