The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-0 Man City - Sunday 16th October, 2022

football forum

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Not really, it's the fact that he's pretty shit at his impressions.

This. It's a novelty act that got old and unfunny after the first time. 

Can’t believe he has put Elliot in when Milner is starting as RB, where is the defensive cover? Henderson could have at least offered some cover. Disheartening line up right off the bat, and if city are at it then that defence is going to be pressured to unreal levels. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Can’t believe he has put Elliot in when Milner is starting as RB, where is the defensive cover? Henderson could have at least offered some cover. Disheartening line up right off the bat, and if city are at it then that defence is going to be pressured to unreal levels. 

984965421_giphy(2).gif.eda4cbe1560355aa395d148439ed337b.gif

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

When does Klopp realistically come under pressure in terms of his job? 

Guessing he has shit loads of credit in the bank for the PL & CL wins.

I'd imagine he's given a lot of trust and faith to get things going again, deservedly so. 

Guess it also depends on where they're at before World Cup and then perhaps shortly after. 

Still about 6 games (?) before WC and given how close the table is, they could easily get back into top 4 and go on a good run of form. 

West Ham 
Forest
Leeds
Spurs
Southampton

They're the games after today. On paper I'd expect them to win all of them barring Spurs.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

His Harry Kane and Spurs skits are great,  the empty trophy cabinet in the background :D

They’re horrific. Bloke just isn’t funny. Taking the piss out of someone with a speech impediment just isn’t my idea of humour

We’ve been fairly good first half. Milner has done better than expected, but he is starting to look knackered. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Trent early on in the second half as Foden starts getting more luck. Would like to see Nunez on the pitch if we are going to be playing balls in over the top, because Jota doesn’t have the pace for it. 

Milner is a weird one where at moments he doesn't look particularly over the hill. He has moments where he still seems to have a reasonable bit of pace, and his touches etc look sharp, but overall I don't expect it to last.

Liverpool been much more competitive than I expected. I guess it bodes well that when it's a game like this and pride is really on the line they can still get somewhat near the levels of intensity they showed last season, it's just a matter of working out how you sustain that over an entire 90 minutes and then into consecutive games.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Man City - Sunday 16th October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived