talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 11 Fixtures - 15-16th October, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 15th October, 2022
1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png Fulham vs Bournemouth afc_bournemouth_-2013.png

1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png Wolves vs Nottm Forest 1200px-Nottingham_Forest_logo.svg.png

Sunday 16th October, 2022
1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png Leeds vs Arsenal 1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png, 14.00

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png Man Utd vs Newcastle image.png, 14.00

1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png Southampton vs West Ham 1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png, 14.00

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everyone bar Shelvey and isak available, both are close to return.  

while Howe has let Murphy and Longstaff start back to back games and both players rewarded the faith, we are likely to start Joelinton and ASM who came on against Brentford and looked sharp.   

the question is longstaff or willock and Burn or Targett.

I can't see anything other than an Arsenal win based on the fact we've lost a lot of confidence of late and nothing quite seems to go our way.

If we've any chance of winning this game, we need to at the very least limit them to one goal and personally, that looks a tall order right now to me.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

He went from a hit to a flop very quickly. 

He'll become a big hit when he bags on Thursday evening.

26 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

A draw is probably fair in the end,  we went from having a full team,  to having a bunch of players go down with illness and knocks.   We had the better of the first half,  Man U shaded the second so a draw was about as fair a result 

Heard Joelinton missed a good chance or two, and you held on just about for the final 10 (Howe's words!). 

Sounded like a good 0-0.

Just now, Stan said:

He'll become a big hit when he bags on Thursday evening.

Heard Joelinton missed a good chance or two, and you held on just about for the final 10 (Howe's words!). 

Sounded like a good 0-0.

That is true,  Joelinton turns to putty in the box its his only limitation.   Yes Rashford missed a sitter in stoppage time also.   I will take the point given Almiron got ill,  Willock was ill but was on  the bench.  Our team was rather weak  but we didn't get out played. 

10 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

That is true,  Joelinton turns to putty in the box its his only limitation.   Yes Rashford missed a sitter in stoppage time also.   I will take the point given Almiron got ill,  Willock was ill but was on  the bench.  Our team was rather weak  but we didn't get out played. 

Are you serious, you barely got into our half. If ETH had made the Rashford change at half time we'd have won that game.

Your lucky we started Ronaldo, we did 70 minutes with a guy who is finished up front. His reactions have gone, it's almost like watching a centre back thrown up front. He looks totally lost to me and it was incredible to see his reaction to being substituted. 

We also had a stonewall penalty disallowed.

• Subscriber

Lucky lucky VARsenal but they won’t care at all. Wins all that matters but Leeds battered them second half. No idea how that Gabriel red was overturned. Although right decision not to give the pen 

Difficult game but another win in the bag. No PL game in midweek but Southampton away and then Forest at home after that. Should win both of those but we need to put in improved performances. Starting to look slightly tired.

So unlucky not to get anything out of that, we played really well.

You can only blame yourself when you miss a pen but we had plenty other moments, you could tell by Arsenal's reaction at the end they knew they'd got away with one there.

It's just not running for us at the moment and the end of the game summed up exactly how it feels to be us at this moment.

Fingers crossed for a bit of luck at Leicester, we really need something to get us going again.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

So unlucky not to get anything out of that, we played really well.

You can only blame yourself when you miss a pen but we had plenty other moments, you could tell by Arsenal's reaction at the end they knew they'd got away with one there.

It's just not running for us at the moment and the end of the game summed up exactly how it feels to be us at this moment.

Fingers crossed for a bit of luck at Leicester, we really need something to get us going again.

News just in, you're in luck, you're playing Leicester.

man United media is just a fish bowl of delutions, they think they are entitled to win but in reality I am shocked Man United have beaten anyone this season.   

Until maybe 80 minutes we were under no real threat it was like a training ground scrimmage.

They love whatabiutism the big what about is if Wilson gets a penalty and joelinton scores we go in 2-0 and OT gets toxic, turn the fans on the team and it becomes a intolerable climate.

for me Almiron has to hit the target on that corner move.   we have been dangerous in set plays all season with some fancy corner strategies and Man United did not deal with them at all.   Almiron should hit the target, Bruno didn't make goid contact on his 4 yard header and just missed a Wilson flick on.

our press again worked well with 17 turn overs and blocks at the half way point or higher.   Man U did get behind a few times but that's United a counter attack team lol

20 hours ago, Storts said:

Lucky lucky VARsenal but they won’t care at all. Wins all that matters but Leeds battered them second half. No idea how that Gabriel red was overturned. Although right decision not to give the pen 

To be honest if it was a red card it was a penalty. Because kicking out isn't a red card offence. But if it was a barge then it's a penalty and a yellow then another yellow for the kick out. I thought it looked like a coming together personally. I didn't think the Leeds player should of had a yellow 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

To be honest if it was a red card it was a penalty. Because kicking out isn't a red card offence. But if it was a barge then it's a penalty and a yellow then another yellow for the kick out. I thought it looked like a coming together personally. I didn't think the Leeds player should of had a yellow 

I don’t think that’s right.

It was a foul on the arsenal player by Bamford so no penalty. But after that he kicked out, which should have been red. He got it right overturning the penalty imo but not the red

1 hour ago, Storts said:

I don’t think that’s right.

It was a foul on the arsenal player by Bamford so no penalty. But after that he kicked out, which should have been red. He got it right overturning the penalty imo but not the red

Yeah your right I got it a bit muddled up. Just seen it properly. He got a bit lucky I think. I think if he had been given a red no one would of complained . I also don't think there was enough to overturn it. But because the referee goes to the monitor to see the penalty he sees the kick out as well and changes his mind. Had he given a red just for the kick out and not the penalty it probably wouldn't of been changed. Not sure  if it would have changed the result as there wasn't much time left but he was a bit lucky there I think.

I do wonder if referees sometimes ask var for advice if they aren't to sure.  They're not supposed to do it but to be fair its quite understandable and you can do it it other sports like rugby I think. It would explain why sometimes decisions get changed that don't appear like clear and obvious errors 

2 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@OrangeKhrush. @Devil Man utd could have had a penalty but Newcastle could have had two. I don't think Man utd can really have any complaints.

Man United got nothing because they were shite, apart from passing the ball side to side  like Ariana Grande,  they had no probative build up.   Arsenal played straight into Man United's trap of over committing and getting hit behind with a counter attack,   we played a good center block with Longstaff and Bruno sitting as shields to what became a back three of Schar, Botman and Burn.     They couldn't take advantage of trippier nor did they really stop him going forward. 

It has probably been the easiest game we have played at old trafford in 25 years. 

Archived