• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Round 12 Fixtures - 18-20th October, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

All Games Live on Amazon Prime Video

all kick-offs 19.30 (BST) unless stated

Tuesday 18th October, 2022
1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p Brighton vs Nottm Forest 1200px-Nottingham_Forest_logo.svg.png

1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg Crystal Palace vs Wolves 1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png, 20.15

Wednesday 19th October, 2022
afc_bournemouth_-2013.png Bournemouth vs Southampton 1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png Brentford vs Chelsea 1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

155.png Liverpool vs West Ham 1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

image.png Newcastle vs Everton everton.PNG

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png Man Utd vs Tottenham 1200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png, 20.15

Thursday 20th October, 2022
1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png Fulham vs Aston Villa 1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

image.png Leicester vs Leeds 1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png, 20.15

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Leeds at home.

Palace performance was a minor improvement but I don't think it's really done much to fix any of the longer standing issues. Palace came for a point and got it. We had a fair few shots but not really many good chances.

I still think that next home loss is going to really boil over. Leeds have played well here both times that they've come up, extremely unlucky to lose here last season.

No Maddison, though he's had two very poor games since Forest IMO - but then surprise surprise, two poor Maddison games, 1 goal scored against two beatable sides.

This is the only game before the World Cup we'll be favourites for. Blow this and it's going to look very precarious by the break.

I'm thinking another draw though. Don't trust us one bit and can't believe Leeds will try to attack less than Palace did.

Everton are a good team and I initially thought a 12th to 10th was possible for them but with the league being so competitive and the fact the Everton and credit to Lampard for making them so hard to beat,  I think Everton could possibly finish top half.       

• Administrator

Leeds have copious amounts of energy about their game, too quick for us to handle. On their day, they'll comfortably beat us. 

We've got Evans still out and Maddison suspended. Hard to tell if Iheanacho, Praet or Perez will come in for him. Would love for Iversen to be given a go still but can't see Rodgers dropping Ward after another home clean sheet vs Palace. 

Probably be:

Ward

Castagne - Amartey - Faes - Justin

Soumare - Tielemans

Iheanacho - KDH - Barnes

Daka

Iheanacho and Daka have combined well before. Iheanacho looked alright when he came on against Palace. 

Barnes has looked out of form recently, not got that sharpness about him these days, but does love a goal against Leeds. Daka should start ahead of Vardy. 

• Subscriber

Barnes is out of form but he's our only winger / wide forward I rate to be honest, how we let that go again unaddressed is just beyond me. The fact he's scored against these in his last four games makes me think play him.

Leeds get right in our faces. Don't think there's a great deal of quality but can see them causing us issues. Palace really restricted themselves at the weekend by not putting much pressure on our error prone defence and goalkeeper. Leeds I think are more likely to force errors, albeit I think they're more likely to have their own.

Faes against Palace was probably the best game a defender of ours has had this season. Granted it isn't saying a lot at all. Like winning San Marino player of the year.

He's already said he's keeping the system because it's "working well for us". With a whole 0.5 points a game on average. He's on the wind uip and he has been all season, it's the only explanation. If that is the case though I'm expecting it to probably be Perez.

11 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Brighton are just having attack practice.  Henderson has been good.

They play lovely football. Trossard, Gross and Mcallister are very neat footballers and Cicaido is full of energy.

Amazing that Welbeck has been seen as having a good season yet he's not scored a single goal all season.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

They play lovely football. Trossard, Gross and Mcallister are very neat footballers and Cicaido is full of energy.

Amazing that Welbeck has been seen as having a good season yet he's not scored a single goal all season.

the new striker has to be able to bring others into the game.   outside Haaland there are not many goal scoring center forwards.

• Subscriber

Difficult game, not particularly optimistic. Losing at Spurs was expected and losing at home to Man Utd isn't disgraceful when you're building from where we were last season, but we need to show another pick up in performance here.

Starting to get a few players back, Calvert-Lewin hinting at a potential start on social media earlier, Holgate and Mina approaching a return as well, Garner also pushing towards a start in midfield and Gordon returning from suspension after McNeil and Gray didn't do much at Spurs. Interesting to see what Lampard does with these options. I'll miss the game myself due to football training.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Chalk and cheese that performance. First half was awful and it was the first time I began to feel the temperature rising on Vieira. The second half we showed our quality and now were in the top half after ten games.

you can sense that Vieira is under a bit of pressure, the results have been somewhat abject

Brighton, for all their good build up, will be forever kings of xG until they replace a few of their current first teamers with players who possess actual end product.

Solly March, Danny Welbeck, Adam Lallana are squad players at best. They aren't getting you goals. Not sure how they are still featuring for Brighton in this current climate.

Literally everything good goes through Trossard and he'll be the next big Brighton departure.

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Brighton, for all their good build up, will be forever kings of xG until they replace a few of their current first teamers with players who possess actual end product.

Solly March, Danny Welbeck, Adam Lallana are squad players at best. They aren't getting you goals. Not sure how they are still featuring for Brighton in this current climate.

Literally everything good goes through Trossard and he'll be the next big Brighton departure.

And that's why Xg is fucked. Because it doesn't account for Danny fucking Welbeck being the guy on the end of that 0.8 xg chance that he's only gonna bury 1 in 5 times. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived