The better place to talk football.

The Peripheral (Prime Video)

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Which one - the real one, or the one where movies and TV shows go to die? xD 

The real one, actually. House of the Dragon is over soon, I think, and it's the only one I'm watching at the moment. xD I mean apart from Andor. But Andor is on the urgent list. xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

The real one, actually. House of the Dragon is over soon, I think, and it's the only one I'm watching at the moment. xD I mean apart from Andor. But Andor is on the urgent list. xD

Good to know xD I have also run out of new series to watch, so this will be a welcome addition. Hopefully.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

First two episodes are out today. 

Think you guys would enjoy it...

@Bluewolf @Tommy @Mel81x @RandoEFC @Dr. Gonzo @Viva la FCB

Nice I'll check it out.

I've got a pretty massive backlog of shows to go through now because once I finished Better Call Saul I thought "well that was decent, but I want to watch Breaking Bad again now" - I've still got Westworld & the Game of Thrones show to go through and And/or - but I'll check this out when I've gone through all those!

Just watched the first episode. Started off really entertaining, but also got really intriguing towards the end. 

I also like how the episode ended with the absolute banger "London Calling" for no apparent reason (apart from the few British characters). 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Tommy said:

Just watched the first episode. Started off really entertaining, but also got really intriguing towards the end. 

I also like how the episode ended with the absolute banger "London Calling" for no apparent reason (apart from the few British characters). 

I just watched the second episode, and I think it is getting even better. The first episode was good but I was still a bit unsure about it, but the next one really won me over! 

Also, "London Calling" definitely has a reason :D You'll see.

On a side note - "To see a world in a grain of sand. A heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and an eternity in an hour". Does it look like anything to you? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, nudge said:

On a side note - "To see a world in a grain of sand. A heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and an eternity in an hour". Does it look like anything to you? :ph34r:

I somehow automatically read this in Anthony Hopkin's voice. xD

Oh wow, that 2nd episode was absolutely fantastic. And yea, I get the London Calling now. 😅

Not sure if it's Jonathan Nolan's influence, but in the first episode, I already thought this all feels very Christopher Nolan-ish. And now in the 2nd episode, they basically had a protagonist explain everything to Flynne, which is VERY Christopher Nolan-ish. 

xD

Also what's up with all the giant statue-thingies in 2100? Looks fantastic, but eerie as fuck.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oh wow, that 2nd episode was absolutely fantastic. And yea, I get the London Calling now. 😅

Hide contents

Not sure if it's Jonathan Nolan's influence, but in the first episode, I already thought this all feels very Christopher Nolan-ish. And now in the 2nd episode, they basically had a protagonist explain everything to Flynne, which is VERY Christopher Nolan-ish. 

xD

Also what's up with all the giant statue-thingies in 2100? Looks fantastic, but eerie as fuck.

There are also so many nods to Westworld... That poem, the androids, the general vibe in the future London...

And yeah, those statues look impressive! The old ships with sails looked really out of place, too.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

There are also so many nods to Westworld... That poem, the androids, the general vibe in the future London...

And yeah, those statues look impressive! The old ships with sails looked really out of place, too.

Yea, that driver/bodyguard thing in the first episode reminded me of those white faceless things from the latest Westworld season.

Also Flynne's android body being in 2100 while she was not controlling it, just mindlessly looking at people without really being there was kind of interesting and eerie.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Hide contents

Yea, that driver/bodyguard thing in the first episode reminded me of those white faceless things from the latest Westworld season.

Also Flynne's android body being in 2100 while she was not controlling it, just mindlessly looking at people without really being there was kind of interesting and eerie.

I mean, even Dolores' daddy is in it

xD

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I think this show is a bit under radar, which is a pity, as I think it's very good, cerebral sci-fi. Just finished watching Season 1 yesterday, hope they'll renew it. 

Introducing Alexandra Billings as Inspector Lowbeer was such a great thing, her character improves the show a lot. 

Just finished Season 1, and I agree, it's very good. Sometimes it felt a bit all over the place, and it wasn't the best thing I've watched this year, but still very good. 

And yes, Lowbeer is amazing! But I also liked Cherise and Leon a lot. There's definitely a lot of interesting characters around. 

But...

It made me laugh that they introduced that supposedly tough as nails hitman, and he struggled at almost every fight he got into, and then got taken out by a sniper from outside the building. Very underwhelming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 15/12/2022 at 06:04, Tommy said:

Just finished Season 1, and I agree, it's very good. Sometimes it felt a bit all over the place, and it wasn't the best thing I've watched this year, but still very good. 

And yes, Lowbeer is amazing! But I also liked Cherise and Leon a lot. There's definitely a lot of interesting characters around. 

But...

Hide contents

It made me laugh that they introduced that supposedly tough as nails hitman, and he struggled at almost every fight he got into, and then got taken out by a sniper from outside the building. Very underwhelming.

Somehow I missed this post completely so I'm replying super late, but yeah, I agree with it all. The show has its flaws and its not the best thing ever or even this year, but it's very solid and introduces some interesting ideas and themes. 

I particularly liked the idea of "The Jackpot", thought it was really believable and also explained well. Scary, when you think about it. 

I hope there is Season 2, as the story has a lot of potential and I would like to see how it develops. Amazon haven't renewed or canceled it yet, so it's unclear at the moment. With the latest trend of networks canceling most shows that don't become instant hits and go viral, I'm not that optimistic. 

Archived