• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nottm Forest 1-0 Liverpool - Saturday 22nd October, 2022

football forum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

It's amazing how often these 12:30 kick offs lead to sluggish first halves. A lot of teams seem to take a good 50-60mins to get going and Liverpool look exactly like that here.

Somebody whose far more intelligent than me believes that a lot of it is down not having the time to eat/drink sufficiently to perform immediately at peak level.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Somebody whose far more intelligent than me believes that a lot of it is down not having the time to eat/drink sufficiently to perform immediately at peak level.

It's same for both clubs. No excuses.. we were shite mate.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

@Danis going to lose his shit if we lose this xD

I'm not surprised in the slightest to be honest. Yet another prediction where I've gone in pessimistic and it's somehow turned out even worse.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Could be something in that but it never stopped Forest.

I'd say the last thing you want to be eating at breakfast is probably Chicken, Fish  Pasta, Rice and Veg or whatever but I guess they get used to it.

Personally feel it's more a psychological thing. Some players find it hard to get mentally up for it and go throught the motions a bit. That Leicester Palace game for example last week was awful for large parts.

12 hours ago, True Blue said:

Surprised by the result, however in the past few years "shockers" like these tend to happen more often than ever which is good for the league obviously.

howson thinks Liverpool's window has ended, squad is aging and they are not making great transfer decisions like before which is probably due to the loss of there director of football.

Liverpool look like a tram needing to purge and reset.

46 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

howson thinks Liverpool's window has ended, squad is aging and they are not making great transfer decisions like before which is probably due to the loss of there director of football.

We’re barely making any transfer decisions, nevermind bad ones. I hardly see what is so bad about our most recent transfers though? Konate, Thiago, Diaz, Carvalho & Nunez…none of those are in any way shape or form “bad”.

Our problem is the owners we have are cheap cunts who expect miracles on a shoestring budget. Yes, we have dropped big money on the likes of VanDijk & Allison, but we’ve had to ‘save’ up for those. This squad has slowly climbed the table of oldest squad, and it’s completely the fault of the ownership. We have reached our peak, and unless there’s some massive regime change, this squad is on the downward side of the hill. They are still fantastic on their day, but so many of them have been absolute ran into the ground by playing 50+ games a season for the last five years. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I don't think a purge, but it does seem like they'll soon be entering some kind of transition period - something they'll have to get perfect in order to get to competing again. 

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think a purge, but it does seem like they'll soon be entering some kind of transition period - something they'll have to get perfect in order to get to competing again. 

Milner, Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Oxlade Chamberlain, Salah and matip all need to be moved on

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Milner, Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Oxlade Chamberlain, Salah and matip all need to be moved on

Not Salah. He's still far too good to leave. 

But there's some oldies that don't or can't give enough now. 

32 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Ox and Milner will likely go. Thiago has far too much influence on the team to let go. Hendo will take up Milner’s role in the squad after he goes. The shouts for Salah and Matip to move on are quite laughable though. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I'd say this is the transition period. Plenty of work for Liverpool to do but no reason why they can't get it right like they have done before

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I'd say this is the transition period. Plenty of work for Liverpool to do but no reason why they can't get it right like they have done before

Of course. I think their stature as one of the biggest clubs in the world allows that. Just down to how much you're willing to spend, but not spend money on marquee signings for the sake of it, but even being shrewd to buy the right players even if they don't cost a bomb. Liverpool's recruitment apart from Arthur Melo has still been good. 

• The title was changed to Nottm Forest 1-0 Liverpool - Saturday 22nd October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived