• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 13 Fixtures - 22-24th October, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 22nd October, 2022
everton.PNG Everton vs Crystal Palace 1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png Man City vs Brighton 1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

Sunday 23rd October, 2022
1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p Aston Villa vs Brentford 1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png, 14.00

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png Leeds vs Fulham 1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png, 14.00

1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png Wolves vs Leicester image.png, 14.00

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
37 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it's good progress, Rogers is turning it around.   

He's sorted the defence out, but the opposition have been a) nullified or b) totally shite or c) a mixture of both. 

He still has a very long way to go to turning around. I was still nervous as the clock ticked over passed 80mins as 1 Leeds goal would have shit our players right up. That's partly PTSD from all the games this season we've messed up xD

Were without Cheick Doucoure for this fixture as he's picked up five yellows.

With that in mind I anticipate we will revert to a 4-2-3-1 with Luka Jairo playing as two defensive midfielders. It should make us more resolute in defence but I'm not sure that will hope with Tarkowski and Coady up from corners.

This is the type of fixture I'd like to see Olise start over Ayew but Vieira loves the latter.

I'm going to go 0-0 with Everton most likely to win 1-0.

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Everton have had 3 shots in their last 2 games

They had five shots in two away games against Spurs and Newcastle where they didn't expect anything.

The last home game they had was Manchester United where they produced eleven shots. 

The last time they played a team of a similar level to ourselves in Southampton they produced twelve shots in an away match.

Context is important.

• Subscriber

Looking stale this now already. Until one of Gordon, Gray and McNeil actually puts together a sustained run of good form, we just don't carry enough threat. Mykolenko is a solid defender but very little attacking contribution and not much better from Coleman. Thankfully Patterson is almost ready to come back into the side.

Hope we at least try and play like the home team here. A fourth loss in a row would be damaging. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Luka playing the 'three man in one' role Doucoure does in a 4-1-4-1 and has got the captaincy armband. Very surprised about that. The blokes gone from being team leader to bad smell in the last three and a half years.

. . . . . Aaaaannndd Luka lost possession for the goal. Brilliant.

I genuinely can't believe Vieira has persisted with this 4-1-4-1 without Doucoure. We saw how risky it was in the first half against Leeds.

We've looked completely off the pace. What is Olise doing in the center of midfield? Our biggest threat comes from his swinging crosses on the far right.

• Subscriber

That Forest result shouldn't bother me as much as it has. Infuriating. That's exactly the kick up the arse they needed.

We need a win for me. 8 points from that run of 5 games is simply not good enough.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pretty happy with that half although Palace have definitely played their way into it despite not really creating a proper chance. They'll have more to offer in the second half so need to be on the ball.

I hope we double up on Coleman when in attack. Maybe take out Ayew for Sclupp and move Olise to the right.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived