• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 13 Fixtures - 22-24th October, 2022

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Could have been a very different game but the 2nd goal came at the perfect time for us. Palace nowhere near their best but got to give credit to us for a really strong overall performance and result against a side I'd say are more likely to finish above us than below. Just what the doctor ordered after three consecutive losses.

Alex Iwobi is excellent by the way. Played a major role in all three goals and was great out of possession as well. Strength to strength. 👏

Brighton best team we have played this year, they had more possession than us at the Etihad :o that doesn't happen, just lucky we have a goal machine that's so happy he's looking to extend his 5 year contract already according to his agent  :hh:

Zaha embarrassing himself yet again, deserves everything he gets the daft cunt. 

Easiest three points I've seen in a long time, dominated from start to finish and once we went to 2-0, it was the most relaxing watch all season. 

Surprised at how poor Palace were, could be dark horses for going down.

31 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Zaha embarrassing himself yet again, deserves everything he gets the daft cunt. 

Easiest three points I've seen in a long time, dominated from start to finish and once we went to 2-0, it was the most relaxing watch all season. 

Surprised at how poor Palace were, could be dark horses for going down.

Zaha should have been sent off. Very fortunate. If he got a red he derails the next good three fixtures. 

It's a real catch 22 with him where if you take away the bite he has you take away a lot of what makes him a good footballer. Like Ian Wright and Eric Cantona at a higher level. But when he behaves like he did today you just want to grab him and tell him to grow up.

I'll ignore the bait in the last paragraph. I never liked you.

Douglas Luiz will not be suspended. Bizarre how VAR flagged it is a red card review to the ref.. who was weak enough to give 1 red & not 2 yellows.

Rumours the stand in coach is dropping McGinn, who was truly awful.

But feels like the 3 points are Brentford, Frank & Toney's for the taking. Unless there's a Gerrards gone boost.

Everton are definitely improved from last season, don’t think they’ll be in relegation danger anyway.

Palace flatter to deceive a bit really. Don’t think they’ll go down but can’t see them pulling up too many trees either.

Confirmed Villa line up:

Martinez (c)

Cash Konsa Mings Young

Dendonker Douglas Luiz

Buendia

Bailey Ings Watkins

Perhaps 4-4-2. But 2 DM's with McGinn & Ramsey both benched.

Can't say I disagree with Aaron Danks. I've lost count of how often  McGinn & Ramsey waste possession.

Still Brentford's for the taking right now. Toney looks 1 of the in form players in the league right now.

20 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Confirmed Villa line up:

Martinez (c)

Cash Konsa Mings Young

Dendonker Douglas Luiz

Buendia

Bailey Ings Watkins

Perhaps 4-4-2. But 2 DM's with McGinn & Ramsey both benched.

Can't say I disagree with Aaron Danks. I've lost count of how often  McGinn & Ramsey waste possession.

Still Brentford's for the taking right now. Toney looks 1 of the in form players in the league right now.

Villa 3-0 up after 14 minutes. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived