11/12/2021 - Arsenal 3-0 Southampton
26/01/2021 - Southampton 1-3 Arsenal

Recent Form
Southampton - WDLLL
Arsenal - WWWWW

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we win tomorrow I'd go as far as to say we should get top 4 and that if we don't it would be time for a change of manager.  We'd be 14 ahead of Liverpool, 9 ahead of Chelsea ,10 ahead of Man utd and 7 ahead of spurs. For 3 of those 4 teams to catch us would be very bad. I've not included city because I do expect them to catch us.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

If we win tomorrow I'd go as far as to say we should get top 4 and that if we don't it would be time for a change of manager.  We'd be 14 ahead of Liverpool, 9 ahead of Chelsea ,10 ahead of Man utd and 7 ahead of spurs. For 3 of those 4 teams to catch us would be very bad. I've not included city because I do expect them to catch us.

I fully expect you'll to be in top three forget top four by the end of the season barring injuries to key players. 

16 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I fully expect you'll to be in top three forget top four by the end of the season barring injuries to key players. 

To be honest if you had said we would finish second I would have laughed. I still think spurs might finish above us but second is certainly a possibility. I am fairly confident of getting top 4 but we have to build on it. My worry is there will be a lack of investment if we get in the champions League.  That seemed to be the way it was before.  They only invested to get us back in the champions League. Once kronke has his money coming in will he invest still. Not sure 

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersaurus said:

To be honest if you had said we would finish second I would have laughed. I still think spurs might finish above us but second is certainly a possibility. I am fairly confident of getting top 4 but we have to build on it. My worry is there will be a lack of investment if we get in the champions League.  That seemed to be the way it was before.  They only invested to get us back in the champions League. Once kronke has his money coming in will he invest still. Not sure 

I'd imagine if you'll come that high and if he wants to stay in the CL that the investment is going to have to come. Maintaining a squad to retain a spot isn't going to happen without it in the current climate football finds itself in. Keep in mind also that there are so many other contenders in the ring now too and no investment is a death sentence to any club that wants to get European football every season.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'd imagine if you'll come that high and if he wants to stay in the CL that the investment is going to have to come. Maintaining a squad to retain a spot isn't going to happen without it in the current climate football finds itself in. Keep in mind also that there are so many other contenders in the ring now too and no investment is a death sentence to any club that wants to get European football every season.

Definitely. Not to discredit what Wenger did but it was easier before.

8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

He's playing well so can't fault his performances. Would love if he scored more. Would tick every box for us if he did that.

I think he would be better playing off a big target man but like us you don't play that way, he's decent out wide, maybe he will end up there for you

• The title was changed to Southampton 1-1 Arsenal - Sunday 23rd October, 2022
  • Administrator

Good result for Southampton considering other teams around them picked up points. 

Arsenal can't afford to drop points in these games. Not that I think they'll consistently challenge Man City, but any win does help keep any kind of pressure on Man City not to balls things up.

• The topic was unpinned
19 hours ago, Stan said:

Good result for Southampton considering other teams around them picked up points. 

Arsenal can't afford to drop points in these games. Not that I think they'll consistently challenge Man City, but any win does help keep any kind of pressure on Man City not to balls things up.

To be honest, I don't think a team will be allowed to get away with the amount of dirty play that Southampton did. Lyanco Vojnovic could've been sent off 3 times.

Anyway, top 4 and it'll be a success. Man City won't be slipping up as much as we do.

Archived