Recent Form
Tottenham - LWWWD
Newcastle - WDWWD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Not overly confident about this one.

it will depend on how they play.   if they sit back we may find joy.  last year was an outlier as spurs went on a run that made them unbeatable and they were battering everyone.   Conte abandoned that 3-4-3 system for a 3-5-2.

it will be tough and if like man u we can sneak a draw of consider that like a win.

10 hours ago, N U F C said:

Not overly confident about this one.

I think you're playing with more confidence and therefore more effectiveness than we are. I'm not confident after the manner of the win against Everton (Dived penalty and a deflection) and an abjectly miserable performance against Utd.

bit concerned about the depth for this game.   I am not sure if Bruno is playing this game following the birth of his first child and joelinton is definitely out.   this could be all hands on the pump.

we need to get through 3 weeks and then in January will need to make 3 or 4 signings.   we need a left back and winger in January with Trossard being the best available option, at left back this Matty Targett illness was the wrong time, he has some virus that is debilitating.

the lack of squad depth is what will hold us back from maybe upsetting the top 6.   

14 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

I think you're playing with more confidence and therefore more effectiveness than we are. I'm not confident after the manner of the win against Everton (Dived penalty and a deflection) and an abjectly miserable performance against Utd.

You're an absolute plonker. 

I just wanted you to know in case no one told you today.

37 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

bit concerned about the depth for this game.   I am not sure if Bruno is playing this game following the birth of his first child and joelinton is definitely out.   this could be all hands on the pump.

we need to get through 3 weeks and then in January will need to make 3 or 4 signings.   we need a left back and winger in January with Trossard being the best available option, at left back this Matty Targett illness was the wrong time, he has some virus that is debilitating.

the lack of squad depth is what will hold us back from maybe upsetting the top 6.   

Think Targett will be back in today, also think Bruno will play

Pope

Trippier - Schar - Botman - Targett

Almiron - Willock - Bruno - Longstaff - Fraser

Wilson

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Looked at three things according to BBC.

Screenshot_20221023-171036.thumb.png.4c9fd0ddfd59eb6f164147d12dae7d1c.png

Checking all three should have taken 30 seconds. It took over two minutes. 

Spurs look like they are this season’s big pretenders. Started well, but played bottom of the table shite. Only decent teams they’ve played, they’ve lost. 

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're an absolute plonker. 

I just wanted you to know in case no one told you today.

I'm an absolute plonker and I know it. YOU'RE an absolute plonker and you don't know it. That makes you an absolute STUPID plonker. I said after the Everton win that it was lucky and winning like that won't last and the bad results would come. Since, Spurs have lost  at Utd and are losing at home at the moment. So open your eyes Devil Dick PRICK. You're dumb and you know nothing.

26 minutes ago, Rick said:

Checking all three should have taken 30 seconds. It took over two minutes. 

Spurs look like they are this season’s big pretenders. Started well, but played bottom of the table shite. Only decent teams they’ve played, they’ve lost. 

I think we'll turn it around.

9 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

VAR will not screw us today,  7 points in a week with two away games to Spurs and Man United is massive

Yes, you're right. I wasn't confident before the match because you've played the more effective football. You drew against Utd, we lost so it was obviously going to be a close match today. Our first defeat at home since April but, as I said, we WILL turn this around. Spurs just need that one marquee performance to set us off and running.

I said we'd see a more traditional Brighton and here they are plunging down the table. I said after the Brentford/Utd match what would happen and here's Utd way up there and Brentford getting thrashed. I said the poor results would come for Spurs after the Everton match, Not bad for a supposed plonker.

4 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Surprised at that result, expected a draw.

Not sure why. Toon drew at Trafford, Spurs lost there badly next match so I thought a Toon win was certainly on the cards which is why I posted before the match that I wasn't confident.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-2 Newcastle - Sunday 23rd October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived