football forum

Will you be watching?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Honestly im torn but I think I have to. First world cup Canada has qualified for since 1986 and the first time in my lifetime they've been relevant in the men's side of things. I still enjoy every major tournement Germany is in but I actually think I might have sat this one out if not for that. Id like to think so anyways.

• Subscriber

The damage has already been done. There'll be no doubt an unofficial side tournament where every team competes for the hardest virtue signalling they can pull off in a month long period but the damage was done years ago.

I feel like I'll be left out if I don't watch it but I'm inclined not to.  It helps that I'm not a huge fan of international football anyway.  Does anyone know if lower leagues will still be playing?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Coma said:

I feel like I'll be left out if I don't watch it but I'm inclined not to.  It helps that I'm not a huge fan of international football anyway.  Does anyone know if lower leagues will still be playing?

In England? 

League One and below continue playing. 

I think Scottish PL returns a week before PL and Championship 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

In England? 

League One and below continue playing. 

I think Scottish PL returns a week before PL and Championship 

Any lower leagues really.  If I'm going to boycott I need an alternative.  I'm assuming Regionalliga in Germany will continue.

• Subscriber

Maybe highlights of some matches and that's about it, it's just one of Stan's games to me I am playing and do not support or support whatever, but I will still watch Newcastle United irrespective of who owns the club or not, I don't like China and it's communist government but I will still watch or follow games from China.

It's November. It's going to be cold, grey, wet and miserable here and getting dark from 4pm onwards. It'lll also be the first time I am working from home during the whole tournament.

There is not a single beat of my body that's even entertained missing it regardless of the corruption and controversy around it.

I get why people feel strongly about it though and fair play to them if they want to give it a miss. Each to their own.

I feel strongly about the cunts in charge of this country and the rising energy bills but nothings going to change so may as well make the best of things.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Maybe highlights of some matches and that's about it, it's just one of Stan's games to me I am playing and do not support or support whatever, but I will still watch Newcastle United irrespective of who owns the club or not, I don't like China and it's communist government but I will still watch or follow games from China.

This is kind of it, I think if you haven't already stopped on a moral level then there's not really much point starting from now. If you watch, or go to watch say Newcastle games then I don't really see what's been achieved.

The tournament should obviously never have been in Qatar but teams should've pulled out of this years ago. The minute the qualifiers kicked off it was done.

Tell you what'll probably put me off watching, if they instate Ukraine over Iran like some are suggesting, will genuinely make a total mockery of the whole thing.

On 25/10/2022 at 03:34, Tommy said:

Probably not. Maybe I watch Japan a bit because of Ao Tanaka. 

Not sure of the Kanji in his name but made me lol as one of the literal translations of his name is essentially blue middle rice field.

16 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Yes. What has been said in previous posts. Sportswashing has been going on for some time now in all major sports. Nothing you can do about it personally. 

On 25/10/2022 at 07:01, Stan said:

Yep. Nothing I do from the comfort of my own home is going to change anything. 

On 25/10/2022 at 07:08, Spike said:

They'll be abusing workers and raping immigrants regardless of me watching the world cup.

If everyone who thought like this didn't watch it you'd collectively make a difference. Be the change you want to see in the world. 

For full disclosure I'm watching it, but I'm not gonna pretend to be outraged about what Qatar have done or represent. 

36 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If everyone who thought like this didn't watch it you'd collectively make a difference. Be the change you want to see in the world. 

For full disclosure I'm watching it, but I'm not gonna pretend to be outraged about what Qatar have done or represent. 

Qatar would still be raping workers and using immigrants as slaves if one person or six billion people watch the world cup. The only thing that would change is that FIFA would be seething

Archived