Will you be watching?

football forum

Will you be watching?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching?

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

That's a different case altogether xD

But without pointing fingers at anyone, I have a very good example of one of the posters on here visiting me a while ago, going to an Adidas outlet store with me and not believing it's genuine, until they get back home, go to an Adidas store there and read the tags, clearly showing the origin of the item. Just more than 10 times more expensive xD

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's a different case altogether xD

But without pointing fingers at anyone, I have a very good example of one of the posters on here visiting me a while ago, going to an Adidas outlet store with me and not believing it's genuine, until they get back home, go to an Adidas store there and read the tags, clearly showing the origin of the item. Just more than 10 times more expensive xD

If Fullkrug scores a single goal I'm getting a Germany shirt with his name on it tho

23 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If Fullkrug scores a single goal I'm getting a Germany shirt with his name on it tho

inb4 Flick lets him sit on the bench for the whole tournament. Flick is just another glorified Jogi. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

ultimately the power lies with FIFA and the nations involved, not watching isnt going to stop the tournament

That's honestly a bullshit take. Yes, a single irrelevant  person refusing to watch it will not make any difference, and nothing is going to stop the tournament now, but if the majority of those paying for their football coverage refused to watch it, FIFA would surely be rattled. Too bad it's never going to happen. 

• Subscriber

Also, I don't even know why it bothers me so much because it shouldn't, but it does. And for all it matters, I can't even fathom how you fuckers can even say you support a club that doesn't belong to you and even if you don't feel like a customer, you're still a fucking customer. 

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Too bad it's never going to happen.

That's because the worlds moral compass is fucked.... If anyone had an ounce of decency or real concern they would be boycotting things like this but players, sponsors, media companies are still going to support it by playing, advertising, and covering it because it's a 'World Cup' so let's forget the human rights issues and just enjoy the football... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

That's because the worlds moral compass is fucked.... If anyone had an ounce of decency or real concern they would be boycotting things like this but players, sponsors, media companies are still going to support it by playing, advertising, and covering it because it's a 'World Cup' so let's forget the human rights issues and just enjoy the football... 

I don't consider myself a morally right person. Yet, I've been a  paying member of my football club for over 15 years. The moment they decide to get an "investor", I will cancel my membership without second thoughts. I honestly can't understand why it appears to be so hard to so many people. Or at least I don't understand complaining about it and then supporting it at the same time, in one way or another. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't consider myself a morally right person.

Me neither and I am not trying to get on my high horse about it either but when you have people that are constantly outspoken about a subject and how wrong it all is to then go and take bundles of cash and turn a blind eye to it all then that's as bad as it gets.. Take the money by all means but don't keep preaching about how morally wrong it all is like Gary Neville.. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Me neither and I am not trying to get on my high horse about it either but when you have people that are constantly outspoken about a subject and how wrong it all is to then go and take bundles of cash and turn a blind eye to it all then that's as bad as it gets.. Take the money by all means but don't keep preaching about how morally wrong it all is like Gary Neville.. 

I probably must admit I have had bad experience with Qatar before all this shitshow, so that probably influences my feelings even more. I used to transfer through Doha pretty regularly, until some dickhead from Qatar Airlines decided it was ok to hold my passport just before boarding and demand to know if I was travelling alone and why; I'm not going there even for transit after that.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Also, they will definitely feel it if the viewer numbers are significantly lower than in previous tournaments. 

I hope it's a complete shitshow so that FIFA thinks twice next before selling another World Cup. I watched that ZDF docu, and Blatter was literally just a brainless moron xD he's lucky to be so fucking old now, it looks so shit otherwise

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, nudge said:

Also, I don't even know why it bothers me so much because it shouldn't, but it does. And for all it matters, I can't even fathom how you fuckers can even say you support a club that doesn't belong to you and even if you don't feel like a customer, you're still a fucking customer. 

I didn't think it was possible for you to get angry. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

That's honestly a bullshit take. Yes, a single irrelevant  person refusing to watch it will not make any difference, and nothing is going to stop the tournament now, but if the majority of those paying for their football coverage refused to watch it, FIFA would surely be rattled. Too bad it's never going to happen. 

Is it? The World Cup is happening regardless, the stadiums are being filled regardless

Archived