talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Anyone had a chance to play Nier:Automata? Almost done with my backlog which has considerably shrunk now and was thinking of picking this up.

Nope but heard good things about it.

For me, been pissing about with Injustice on mobile but am looking to get back on FM17 mobile (had a good Cardiff save going on there) and Worms W.M.D on PS4.

Final Fantasy XV. Endgame was too short, chapters 9 to 14 are over in the blink of an eye and most of the story happens. Kinda disappointing how much of the story is 'blink and you'll miss it' because the world and lore is interesting. The free-roam aspects of the game are excellent, the hidden bosses are engaging and exploration is fun. The story-line fights are easily the most disappointing as Square went for the cinematic experience over difficulty. 

Anybody play the original Nier? Cult classic that was panned by critics. I hate the videogame journalism industry; corrupt as they come. Gamespot sacked their senior editor about ten years ago because he panned 'Kane and Lynch 2' and the developers of said game were the site's major sponsor at the time. 

20 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Anyone had a chance to play Nier:Automata? Almost done with my backlog which has considerably shrunk now and was thinking of picking this up.

Yeah, I'm playing it these days. It's brilliant, like it.

I have played the first Nier too and I loved it few years ago but this one is quite a lot different than the first one. The PC port is good but some people have fps and crash issues (not for me so far). The setting of the game is more mecha/robotic compared to the first one. Personally I'm not a big fan but I don't mind it. The gameplay is really fun and never gets boring, plus in some places you have friends helping you (you can play with them too, there are 3 playable characters) and you can give them instructions about how their playstyle will be. The world/environment of the game is gorgeous and the soundtrack is one of the best just like in the first one. My favourite game of the year so far.

I love the mini-missions that you control your robot as well, reminds me a lot of these old-school games I used to play.

Edited by Fusion
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

Gamespot sacked their senior editor about ten years ago because he panned 'Kane and Lynch 2' and the developers of said game were the site's major sponsor at the time. 

Yeah, heard about that. Also heard that a reviewer on IGN 'left' shortly after the Nintendo Switch review.

There's a reason why something like this does the rounds:

SLQJc.gif

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Fusion said:

Yeah, I'm playing it these days. It's brilliant, like it.

I have played the first Nier too and I loved it few years ago but this one is quite a lot different than the first one. The PC port is good but some people have fps and crash issues (not for me so far). The setting of the game is more mecha/robotic compared to the first one. Personally I'm not a big fan but I don't mind it. The gameplay is really fun and never gets boring, plus in some places you have friends helping you (you can play with them too, there are 3 playable characters) and you can give them instructions about how their playstyle will be. The world/environment of the game is gorgeous and the soundtrack is one of the best just like in the first one. My favourite game of the year so far.

I love the mini-missions that you control your robot as well, reminds me a lot of these old-school games I used to play.

I'll give Nier:AT a look into when I finally get past BotW. Also, that G-Darius vid brought back great memories.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Spike said:

Anybody play the original Nier? Cult classic that was panned by critics. I hate the videogame journalism industry; corrupt as they come. Gamespot sacked their senior editor about ten years ago because he panned 'Kane and Lynch 2' and the developers of said game were the site's major sponsor at the time. 

Think its a shitty industry when it comes to reviews and I always feel like those are subjective anyways. I read somewhere that a reviewer for the new Zelda got digitally hounded because he didn't think it was a great game. 

https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/13/14912864/breath-of-the-wild-review-jim-sterling-opinion

24 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think its a shitty industry when it comes to reviews and I always feel like those are subjective anyways. I read somewhere that a reviewer for the new Zelda got digitally hounded because he didn't think it was a great game. 

https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/13/14912864/breath-of-the-wild-review-jim-sterling-opinion

You have to go deep and niche to find decent reviews. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

You have to go deep and niche to find decent reviews. 

Have to agree there. Sometimes I find YouTube is also a good place and oddly enough some non-popular Twitch streams are also very good for watching people review games. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

Have to agree there. Sometimes I find YouTube is also a good place and oddly enough some non-popular Twitch streams are also very good for watching people review games. 

I usually just ask my friends or someone I know that has similar taste. If they can give me a quick rundown it's usually ernough to know if it's a purchase.

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

I usually just ask my friends or someone I know that has similar taste. If they can give me a quick rundown it's usually ernough to know if it's a purchase.

I ask friends but then I figure its probably best to just see what development houses are putting out and then pick a game based on genre. I spent a lot of time in the fighting game series that way. I also like the off-beat indie games because they offer a lot variety and experimentation in gameplay mech. One of the nicer games I played a while back was Transistor and it was a total stumble while I was browsing on Steam. Granted its a highly rated game.

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Ah, good old Jim Sterling. I do subscribe to his channel on YouTube as it's usually very good and funny to watch while not holding back on criticism (basically, he doesn't seem the type that gets paid off by game companies).

I'm sure you've heard about the lawsuit he had against him by Digital Homicide after he heavily criticised The Slaughtering Grounds.

football forum
10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Ah, good old Jim Sterling. I do subscribe to his channel on YouTube as it's usually very good and funny to watch while not holding back on criticism (basically, he doesn't seem the type that gets paid off by game companies).

I'm sure you've heard about the lawsuit he had against him by Digital Homicide after he heavily criticised The Slaughtering Grounds.

I like independent reviewers like Jim and yes, that lawsuit attempt by Digital Homicide was embarrassing to say the least from their point of view. If I remember rightly the blood animation they used had been copied and pasted straight from Google.

Angry Joe is another good YouTuber in this sense. Kinda' says it how it is although he's prone to the odd tantrum when things don't go his way.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I like independent reviewers like Jim and yes, that lawsuit attempt by Digital Homicide was embarrassing to say the least from their point of view. If I remember rightly the blood animation they used had been copied and pasted straight from Google.

Angry Joe is another good YouTuber in this sense. Kinda' says it how it is although he's prone to the odd tantrum when things don't go his way.

Yep. Plenty pointed out that it was basically a Google image search and it hadn't even been done properly.

I subscribe for Angry Joe as well though haven't watched as many recently.

football forum
6 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Just finished Alien Isolation on hard. Cunt fucking thing is tethered to you on high difficulty xD

Started Dragon age inquisition. Loving it so far.

I really should finish Alien, I've played that many shit games recently that I've lost a touch of interest with gaming.

Got DAI but never started it, is it recommended to someone who hasn't played the first two?

The game is great. If you like adventuring and a bit if tactical hack and slash you will enjoy it. But I found the beginning to be a bit of a expositional clusterfuck, and I have played the first 2 extensively. The other 2 warm into things nicely. This one dumps it all on you in an hour and they says 'have fun newb cunt'

The game doesn't hold your hand much either. You sort of grow organically and if you overreach your boundaries accidentally the game won't help you. Case in point adventuring the hinterlands too far too soon and getting rekt by a dragon or spending 8 power to unlock a area you won't last 10 seconds in.

Edited by Tanksie

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I don't get why people got so upset over it all even if it is a Zelda game and yes I have heard about the 'Worst-Game-Contender of 2014'? Video. Still, the kind of easy opportunities the gaming community has had over the years to shame and even harass people online is slowly becoming a problem or a lot of people involved in the gaming industry.

• Subscriber

Finished off Uncharted 2 and 3, havent started 4 yet but i also picked up The Last of Us to play after. I really enjoyed the uncharted series so far they're a blast to play, i will definitely go back and play them again in the future. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just got a Nintendo Switch... so I'll be playing Zelda when I'm home from work :)

I haven't played a Nintendo console since the N64, and I haven't played a Zelda game since the Ocarina of Time... so my inner child is pretty excited.

I can only say this its weird at first but then once you get used to it I'll say its a superb purchase. I've taken mine on two trips now since I brought it and while the battery life is terrible if you're continually gaming. BotW is a fun game and shines on their device. What I really hate about the game is the tilt puzzles but other than that can't really fault it much. Can't wait too see what they do with the titles they have lined up.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

football forum
5 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Got the new DOOM. Very nice so far. It's a much better experience than Doom 3 back in the day.

I really enjoyed the DOOM re-boot. It was a tad repetative in places but was a really good effort overall, hopefully they can build on this for the next edition.

26 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I really enjoyed the DOOM re-boot. It was a tad repetative in places but was a really good effort overall, hopefully they can build on this for the next edition.

I really like the movement. Being able to climb on ledges, moving fast. That makes combat less restrictive and more fast-paced. Modern shooters often miss this aspect.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Panflute said:

Got the new DOOM. Very nice so far. It's a much better experience than Doom 3 back in the day.

Thought the soundtrack was very good and went well with all the action. Cranking up the difficulty made it interesting as I found myself really challenged to try and keep crowding enemies under control.