talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Berserker said:

Speaking of Metal Gear, i'm playing the Twin Snakes for the first time (has much better graphics than the one for PSX), but i don't love it. I'm kinda forcing myself to play so i can later jump into the other MGS, although i'm not sure if i'll like them neither. Not much of a fan of futuristic "shooting" games, much prefer old Japanese Samurai games.

think the charm of those games for me wasn't the shooting but how you could really run through a lot of levels without actually using anything more than a silencer and a tranq gun. Of course this doesn't apply to most of the bosses but it can be done too. 

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

think the charm of those games for me wasn't the shooting but how you could really run through a lot of levels without actually using anything more than a silencer and a tranq gun. Of course this doesn't apply to most of the bosses but it can be done too. 

Yeah, i do like shooting games like Cod and MOH though, i just don't like futuristic ones. I'll finish this one and then see if i like 2 and go from there.

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Yeah, i do like shooting games like Cod and MOH though, i just don't like futuristic ones. I'll finish this one and then see if i like 2 and go from there.

They all have some kind of goodness to them MGS2 for its pure future and the story arc. Snake-Eater for its sheer coolness and the survival systems unit and then the Guns of the Patriots for an even cooler camo system. 

10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

They all have some kind of goodness to them MGS2 for its pure future and the story arc. Snake-Eater for its sheer coolness and the survival systems unit and then the Guns of the Patriots for an even cooler camo system. 

I remember trying to do a Metal Gear run through back on the old forum. Only did Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear Solid though (The Twin Snakes was next, even if it was just MGS with MGS2 mechanics and graphics).

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I remember trying to do a Metal Gear run through back on the old forum. Only did Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear Solid though (The Twin Snakes was next, even if it was just MGS with MGS2 mechanics and graphics).

I played Snake Eater for way too long and that was because I refused to do anything without CQC and that alone made me play it for as long as I did. Some of those levels really test your patience and getting through everything without getting an alarm detection or using special weapons or special items is something I was going for. I fell short and couldn't get a FOX level but it was a lot of fun trying.

Then I went and found this and man the memories.

Edited by Mel81x

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Has anyone on here played Fibbage on Steam? Good fun for a party and pretty quick and easy to setup too.

I've played it on the Xbox - I've got a few of the Jackbox Party Packs because they're a good bit of fun if you've got a few people over for drinks or anything like that. Quality games. I like Biddiots (you draw pictures of certain things they describe, then they're assigned values as though they're pieces of art at an auction, you're given the value of 3 paintings, and you bid on them). Quality game.

I've been playing shitloads of PUBG lately.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've played it on the Xbox - I've got a few of the Jackbox Party Packs because they're a good bit of fun if you've got a few people over for drinks or anything like that. Quality games. I like Biddiots (you draw pictures of certain things they describe, then they're assigned values as though they're pieces of art at an auction, you're given the value of 3 paintings, and you bid on them). Quality game.

I've been playing shitloads of PUBG lately.

We tried Biddiots too and it was fun. Obviously four drinks down was a compulsory must otherwise you get the next 'Picasso' turning up. 

• Subscriber

Been trying my hand at "They Are Billions" and its loads of fun till it decides to remind you of why so many people find it incredibly dangerous to get lulled into a sense of victory. Going cheap on Steam and I highly recommend it to anyone that likes playing these kinds of games.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/644930/They_Are_Billions/

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Been trying my hand at "They Are Billions" and its loads of fun till it decides to remind you of why so many people find it incredibly dangerous to get lulled into a sense of victory. Going cheap on Steam and I highly recommend it to anyone that likes playing these kinds of games.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/644930/They_Are_Billions/

Been seeing a few clips on Youtube. Looks pretty decent and a little different as well.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Been seeing a few clips on Youtube. Looks pretty decent and a little different as well.

Its got all your standard building mechanics and I know some people on here like playing games like Civilization, DOTA, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc so they'll find it easy to pickup. It's getting ganged up on and totally f'ed thats the interesting and most frustrating part of this game.

47 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its got all your standard building mechanics and I know some people on here like playing games like Civilization, DOTA, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc so they'll find it easy to pickup. It's getting ganged up on and totally f'ed thats the interesting and most frustrating part of this game.

Seen what some waves can be like. Brings back horrible memories of playing Starcraft and Command & Conquer (the latter before EA..........'EA'd' the series) online. :61_sob:

• Subscriber
On 1/15/2018 at 01:39, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Seen what some waves can be like. Brings back horrible memories of playing Starcraft and Command & Conquer (the latter before EA..........'EA'd' the series) online. :61_sob:

Its like watching someone kick down a house of cards and not being able to do anything about it. I was playing a round and thought okay i've done well, got my defense sorted, got a lot of rangers and some soldiers ill be alright. Then it came as just two zombies and before you know it they were causing so much havoc it ended faster than I could even control it. Having said all that its still a blast to play.

A friend of mine convinced me to buy Mutant Football League to play with him. Pretty cheap for a very fun game - it's an American football game. But you have 7 players on a side at any given moment in time. You can also beat the shit out of the players after each play - and you can actually kill players on the other side. If you kill enough players, you can win the game by making the other team forfeit. You can use things called "Dirty Tricks" to do things like bribe the referee, take steroids, use shotguns, use bombs, and shit like that.

All in all, it makes for one of the most fun sports games I've ever played. Definitely the best iteration of American football I've ever seen. The commentary is hilarious too.

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Still currently playing Mario Odyssey when I have the chance, but following Amazon's 'Big Thanks' offer and a gift card, I got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (I'm an idiot I know) and Horizon Zero Dawn on the way as well.

@Mel81x I think you had Mario Kart 8 on Switch didn't you?

I do have it for my Switch. Why do you ask?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4 February 2018 at 22:09, Cannabis said:

Just finished Assassins Creed: Origins after around 49 hours playing. The game itself was class (a real 8.5/10 I'd say) but the ending was a bit naff. Also, I was expecting more when it came to how the symbol came to be. 

I was thinking about playing something new but I might dive straight into the DLC that's just dropped instead. 

Big fan of the AC series. Glad to hear you liked Origins. 

Having played AC II, Black Flag, (half of) Unity and Syndicate, I’d have to say I think Assassin’s Creed II, set in Florence and Venice, is my favourite (Unity is probably the weakest; bugs aside, I just find the location of Paris a bit boring in comparison to the others). I’d play AC II again, for sure. In fact, I might have to buy the Ezio Collection…

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

What are you playing on the Switch? I just finished the Doom port.

I worded that wrong, I don't have a Switch sadly. I played a lot of Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U though.

How is Doom on the Switch? I played it on the PC and it was an amazing game without any weak moments.

Edited by Panflute