talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
On 3/30/2017 at 5:13 PM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Never tried H1Z1. Isn't that the one which had controversy regarding shady business practices from the developer?

As for me, it's been a while but have started playing my PS4 that bit more now, currently with Worms W.M.D.

The very one. I haven't tried Worms yet but its never really been the kind of game I'd play

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

The very one. I haven't tried Worms yet but its never really been the kind of game I'd play

I've liked Worms since the beginning 20 years ago (fuck, I'm old). It's not really good on your own (though they do try to do various scenarios with its 'campaign' mode), but multiplayer has always been its main selling point anyway. It's arguably more of a guilty pleasure as despite attempts to change it up a little (moving to 3D, classes, vehicles and extra weapons), the core gameplay has always remained very similar to the first.

Plus where else are you going to launch sheep or banana bombs at each other? :D

On March 31, 2017 at 8:20 AM, Cannabis said:

Great isn't it? Started it just before my holiday and really need to pick it up again before I forget all about it.

It's a real improvement on Sniper Elite 3 which was already a good game.

I love it, it's everything you can ask for in a game, in my opinion.

On April 1, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Takyon said:

Reinstalled Sniper Elite V2 after seeing you guys discussing the new one. It's good fun although it is showing it's age but the core mechanics are still pretty good. Might pick up no. 4 soon. 

The sniper mechanics are fantastic. I love how you aren't able to hold your breath after sprinting. Seems CoD can take notes there.  

• Upvote 1

On April 1, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Cannabis said:

Playing through a bit of Hitman too now that all of the missions have been released. It's a fantastic game now that it's been patched and all of the content is there, I must admit that I was put off at launch by the server problems and even though I can understand why they did it I hated how the missions were released monthly rather than just being there right off the bat. 

I've finished Paris, Sapienza & Marrakesh which have all been stunning.

I fucked up on Marakkesh the first time playing, I dropped the toilet IN FRONT of the officer :D 

• Subscriber

After getting through a silly backlog over the past two weekends I just purchased Nier : Automata and am going to give it a run this week at some point. Anyone else tried it? Got it for the PC as I wanted to see what the fuss was all about and how the fight mechanics were.

10 hours ago, I8allthepies said:

The sniper mechanics are fantastic. I love how you aren't able to hold your breath after sprinting. Seems CoD can take notes there.  

Yep the sniper mechanics are great and it's still as satisfying as to pop a man's testicles from 200 yards away as it was 5 years ago. I do think the level design is quite poor, particularly the spawning of enemies which often negates any traps you've laid and feels really unnatural. Levels are too linear for my liking too (I was disappointed at the lack of verticality in a lot of missions, I wanted to find my own vantage points and pick enemies off from up high rather than fight them in the streets) and there often aren't many ways to go about achieving an objective. Have they improved upon these in 3 and 4?

58 minutes ago, Takyon said:

Yep the sniper mechanics are great and it's still as satisfying as to pop a man's testicles from 200 yards away as it was 5 years ago. I do think the level design is quite poor, particularly the spawning of enemies which often negates any traps you've laid and feels really unnatural. Levels are too linear for my liking too (I was disappointed at the lack of verticality in a lot of missions, I wanted to find my own vantage points and pick enemies off from up high rather than fight them in the streets) and there often aren't many ways to go about achieving an objective. Have they improved upon these in 3 and 4?

I think so! There's one level where you can take vantage over a dock, and pick of an officer from the cliffs above.

Had to escape university life and respond to some obligations back home, so I dusted off the Gameboy Advanced and started playing Pokemon Ruby (my first Pokemon game).... A wild Nostalgia appeared. I think I'm going to bring this back to school because console gaming has gone stale for me at the moment.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, I8allthepies said:

Had to escape university life and respond to some obligations back home, so I dusted off the Gameboy Advanced and started playing Pokemon Ruby (my first Pokemon game).... A wild Nostalgia appeared. I think I'm going to bring this back to school because console gaming has gone stale for me at the moment.

This reminds me that I need to get back to playing Pokemon Sun. Was in the middle of a nuzlocke as well. Also want to play Pokemon Frosty on my dodgy console as I've been told that by going in the grass, 'Pokemon will rape you'.

20170312_195539.jpg

On another note, has anyone played Horizon Zero Dawn at all?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Been reading a lot of good things about it and I have an Amazon gift card to be used.

One of the best games I played this year, although I rate Nioh higher just because of the amped difficulty. Horizon can be a truly gratifying experience if you roam the land more than do the missions and then go back every now and then. They did such a fantastic job on the controls and the enemies it never really got dull for me. How much are you getting it for?

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

One of the best games I played this year, although I rate Nioh higher just because of the amped difficulty. Horizon can be a truly gratifying experience if you roam the land more than do the missions and then go back every now and then. They did such a fantastic job on the controls and the enemies it never really got dull for me. How much are you getting it for?

Haven't decided on whether I get that or something else but the gift card is worth  £25.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Haven't decided on whether I get that or something else but the gift card is worth  £25.

I'd look around before buying Horizon. I can see it dropping in another month or so in price so maybe spend the 25 on something else?

• Subscriber

Most likely will yeah, plus I have other games to play beforehand as well.

Just got over a big backlog myself. Had things sitting around and I finished them which is why I even went and got Nier. 

48 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Just got over a big backlog myself. Had things sitting around and I finished them which is why I even went and got Nier. 

Worms WMD, Yakuza 0, Until Dawn, Doom, Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation and Super Pad Rage/Meat Boy among others are on my backlog.

• Subscriber

Worms WMD, Yakuza 0, Until Dawn, Doom, Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation and Super Pad Rage/Meat Boy among others are on my backlog.

My backlog was bad but I got through most of it

Witcher 3 (I never really took the time to sit down and get through it. Honestly, it kinda got boring at one point too for me)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Nioh
The Witness
Superhot

Still in the bucket
Dark Souls III
Final Fantasy XV
Dishonored 2

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Forgot that I still have Rise of the Tomb Raider in its wrapping as well.

That's a habit I am glad that I have cracked over the last ten years. I used to buy a game and just leave it in the wrap for months then of course another AAA title would come out and I'd never get back to it. Now, I try and keep it to 10 games in the backlog at the most and burn through them over a week when work slows down which thankfully happened mid last month. Sony has made it hard this year with all these good games coming out but I figure once travelling is done over the summer I'll finish my backlog as well. 

The next few games I am truly interested in purchasing are MvC:Infinite, Detroit, Death Stranding, LoU: Part2, Divinity 2, Rime, Middle Earth, Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania and maybe that Destiny 2 game.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber

I spent a good part of yesterday playing Square's Nier. At first I started with a KB+M combination because I figure hey they ported this thing the least they could have done was to create some kind of mapping for the control schema. But, I was sorely disappointed and tbh it made the game ten times more difficult than it really should have been. I then changed it to my DS4 and tried it again and the not only was the experience better but I found tackling enemies so much easier. Its a fantastic game and I'd recommend it to people who like Hack-n-Slash games and also anyone that enjoyed playing Bayonetta when it first came out but if you do get this for the PC just remember that a KB+M is not the way to go here and a controller is an absolute must. I'd even go as far to say that the Playstation controller is the only one you want to use here because the button mappings do make a huge difference in how it plays out.