talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber

After spending some time with this new Spiderman game I have to say its very very good. The little side missions you can run to while swinging around New York City and the plethora of options for attacking situations is quite cool. Plus they have a well built skill-tree that actually makes you think twice about the pathing you wish to take when upgrading (much like the Batham game - Arkham Asylum). Worth the money imo because you can clock some good hours in it if you want to go hunting for bonuses and play all the mini-games.

• Subscriber

Just finished The Last of Us for the first time. Fucking shit what a game. I figure Im about half way through the DLC content and will probably finish that up this week. I watched all the preview videos I could get my hands on from the coming sequal and good god they look awesome. The gameplay video looks amazing I can hardly wait... and It seems we might be waiting quite some time.

Im either heading to Assassins Creed Origins or Uncharted Lost Legacy next.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Just finished The Last of Us for the first time. Fucking shit what a game. I figure Im about half way through the DLC content and will probably finish that up this week. I watched all the preview videos I could get my hands on from the coming sequal and good god they look awesome. The gameplay video looks amazing I can hardly wait... and It seems we might be waiting quite some time.

Im either heading to Assassins Creed Origins or Uncharted Lost Legacy next.

Go to Assassins Creed. If you've played any of the original Uncharted games Legacy will seem like poop and you just finished the Last of Us so yeah AC all the way.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Go to Assassins Creed. If you've played any of the original Uncharted games Legacy will seem like poop and you just finished the Last of Us so yeah AC all the way.

Fair. I have played all the Uncharteds, hence I baught Lost Legacy. Its been long enough I dont care in which order I go though. AC Syndicate is still fresh in my mind I finished that before playing Last of Us. Ill finish up the DLC then play some AC then, cheers :hh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just Completed Broken Age

10/10 for me one of the best point and click Adventure game i've played. Unlike some other similar games where you have an option for hints for tough puzzles this game had enough small details and elements blend in the environment so perfectly that they were even better than to solve if you pay attention to your environment.

PS I did get struck on the wiring puzzles initially but once i got the idea of how it works they were one of the best puzzles of the game. 

• Subscriber

So I have a short break from work and haven't got any plans, and thought I'll play some Civ IV. To make things interesting, I decided to download a mod that I've heard a lot about in the past but never got around to actually trying it out. Well... Damn, my mind is blown; the scope of the mod is absolutely insane! It's called Caveman2Cosmos and the name says it all - it covers over 200000 years of history where you start as a prehistoric tribe of wandering homo-sapiens and strive to develop it into an intergalactic empire throughout the eras of history. It has over 1000+ technologies, an unknown number of new units, buildings, religions, nations, civics, traits and completely new game feature called "properties" which brings crime, diseases, tourism, education into play. It's going to take me forever, but it's amazing... 

Just look at those technology trees for each era (and that's not a recent pic so the mod has even more of them now):

Prehistoric
200 000 BCE - 6000 BCE

wcD06Zf.jpg

Ancient
6000 BCE - 2000 BCE

J38CXJo.jpg

Classical
2000 BCE - 600 CE

1yQrmYy.jpg

Medieval
600 CE - 1300 CE

HjmfHBg.jpg

Renaissance
1300 CE - 1700 CE

Eiu2fV5.jpg

Industrial
1700 CE - 1900 CE

oNG0C4M.jpg

Modern
1900 CE - 1990 CE

usIDb37.jpg

Information
1990 CE - 2050 CE

yBEMQqz.jpg

Nanotech
2050 CE - 2150 CE

94U85GY.jpg

Transhuman
2150 CE - 2300 CE

1rkYBjv.jpg

Galactic
2300 CE - 3000 CE

0JohdWG.jpg

Cosmic
3000 CE - 4000 CE

wHLc9wT.jpg

Transcendent
4000 CE - 6000 CE

fCvd0pM.jpg

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Never played any of the Civ games, but have always heard good things about them.

:o seriously? I'm not much of a gamer but I quite enjoy it every once in a while (mostly city/empire building and strategy) and Civilization is definitely one of the best games ever for me... Spent hours on Civ II years ago haha. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

:o seriously? I'm not much of a gamer but I quite enjoy it every once in a while (mostly city/empire building and strategy) and Civilization is definitely one of the best games ever for me... Spent hours on Civ II years ago haha. 

Civ has been primarily PC (though it is on consoles now) and I rarely play on PC (especially as I have a near 10 year old MacBook). Only games I generally played were Football Manager type games, strategy games like Command and Conquer and StarCraft and, ironically, the likes of Sim City and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

That mod looks absolutely insane mind.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Civ has been primarily PC (though it is on consoles now) and I rarely play on PC (especially as I have a near 10 year old MacBook). Only games I generally played were Football Manager type games, strategy games like Command and Conquer and StarCraft and, ironically, the likes of Sim City and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

That mod looks absolutely insane mind.

Rollercoaster Tycoon was class! As for SimCity, I generally love city building and simulation, but never got into it for some reason... It was all about Civ, Age of Empires, Pharaoh, Caesar (and the rest of Sierra series) and Tropico for me. Funnily enough I didn't even have a PC until I started uni, used to play at a friend's and later at my boyfriend's where I learnt to enjoy watching other people play xD ... Good times. 

41 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

RT with cheats so that you could build as high as you want was amazing. Used to almost break the atmosphere with some of my rides, if the passengers didn't like and/or die then it wasn't good enough. 

Didn't have a cheat, but remember creating a 'loop the loop' coaster with high speed and no barrier at the end. Got bored, cranked the speed up to max, they flew off and died. Had to sell it as no one would go on it again. Very disappointed.

Thinking of RT, you can buy the original duo on mobile now.

• Subscriber
On 17/11/2018 at 13:18, nudge said:

So I have a short break from work and haven't got any plans, and thought I'll play some Civ IV. To make things interesting, I decided to download a mod that I've heard a lot about in the past but never got around to actually trying it out. Well... Damn, my mind is blown; the scope of the mod is absolutely insane! It's called Caveman2Cosmos and the name says it all - it covers over 200000 years of history where you start as a prehistoric tribe of wandering homo-sapiens and strive to develop it into an intergalactic empire throughout the eras of history. It has over 1000+ technologies, an unknown number of new units, buildings, religions, nations, civics, traits and completely new game feature called "properties" which brings crime, diseases, tourism, education into play. It's going to take me forever, but it's amazing... 

Just look at those technology trees for each era (and that's not a recent pic so the mod has even more of them now):

Prehistoric
200 000 BCE - 6000 BCE

wcD06Zf.jpg

Ancient
6000 BCE - 2000 BCE

J38CXJo.jpg

Classical
2000 BCE - 600 CE

1yQrmYy.jpg

Medieval
600 CE - 1300 CE

HjmfHBg.jpg

Renaissance
1300 CE - 1700 CE

Eiu2fV5.jpg

Industrial
1700 CE - 1900 CE

oNG0C4M.jpg

Modern
1900 CE - 1990 CE

usIDb37.jpg

Information
1990 CE - 2050 CE

yBEMQqz.jpg

Nanotech
2050 CE - 2150 CE

94U85GY.jpg

Transhuman
2150 CE - 2300 CE

1rkYBjv.jpg

Galactic
2300 CE - 3000 CE

0JohdWG.jpg

Cosmic
3000 CE - 4000 CE

wHLc9wT.jpg

Transcendent
4000 CE - 6000 CE

fCvd0pM.jpg

Is this a new mod? Never heard of it, looks class.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is this a new mod? Never heard of it, looks class.

No, it's been first announced 10 years ago and is still being updated, last update was released in June this year and it's still in active development (fully playable though!) :o It's seriously class, I've never seen or played anything like this before. The level of detail is unbelievable; you literally start as a band of hominids and have to research pretty much everything from scratch, even things like gathering wild berries or developing a language. I'm currently in year 58000 BC (i.e. almost 150000 years have passed from where I started), and I just invented the plough and the pulley and learned to do irrigation... It truly feels like an anthropological study of humanity dressed as a game; I wish we had something like that in history classes haha. It's overwhelming, but in a good sense. Seriously, I can't recommend it highly enough!

Here's a link to the mod page: https://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

No, it's been first announced 10 years ago and is still being updated, last update was released in June this year and it's still in active development (fully playable though!) :o It's seriously class, I've never seen or played anything like this before. The level of detail is unbelievable; you literally start as a band of hominids and have to research pretty much everything from scratch, even things like gathering wild berries or developing a language. I'm currently in year 58000 BC (i.e. almost 150000 years have passed from where I started), and I just invented the plough and the pulley and learned to do irrigation... It truly feels like an anthropological study of humanity dressed as a game; I wish we had something like that in history classes haha. It's overwhelming, but in a good sense. Seriously, I can't recommend it highly enough!

Here's a link to the mod page: https://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos

I'm definitely downloading this and having a go at it tonight. It's for Civ 4 as well?

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

Yes Civ IV and Beyond the Sword expansion is necessary!

Music to my ears. I bought but never got into Civ 5 and I believe there's a Civ 6 but couldn't tell you for sure. Civ 4 was the one I sunk days of my life into, probably weeks, and after downloading BTS I never went back to the vanilla game.

Thanks for the tip off!

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Music to my ears. I bought but never got into Civ 5 and I believe there's a Civ 6 but couldn't tell you for sure. Civ 4 was the one I sunk days of my life into, probably weeks, and after downloading BTS I never went back to the vanilla game.

Thanks for the tip off!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do, let me know what you think! 

Also, not sure if you started the game already, but if not, you might want to set the difficulty a bit higher... I selected the easiest option as I thought I'd be too overwhelmed, but I find myself well ahead of the AI players. 

• Subscriber

I've been working away on Ass Creed Origins still the game is bloody massive. Im about to hit level 30 as far as I can see it goes up until 40ish so i figure im 3/4's through. The game overall has been fun my interest has waned at times as theres been a decent amount of nothingness in some areas when traveling between places. Overall the game looks absolutely beautiful, the mechanics are fun, I like that theres quite a few style of weapons that are all unique in the combos and attacks; speaking of which I just got my first cursed weapon, a spear that reduces your health to 30% when equipped but nearly 1 shots alot of the regular foes.

I've got nothing but ps4 games on my wishlist for christmas bascially so Ill catch up eventually. Still want to get to Hitman, now theres Hitman 2, God of War, Red dead and Horizon. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I've got nothing but ps4 games on my wishlist for christmas bascially so Ill catch up eventually. Still want to get to Hitman, now theres Hitman 2, God of War, Red dead and Horizon. 

That is going to be some serious backlog playing. Can't speak much for the Hitman series but those last three are pure gold and I'd even rate GoW higher than RDR and Horizon (which I thought was one of the best games i played in 2017)

• Subscriber

Finally put Tomb Raider to bed and it was a good game honestly. Bit draggy at points and the side missions are not so well thought out at times but its enjoyable for the money you pay. I wish they'd done more to make it challenging even on higher difficulties. Most of the acclaimed puzzle solving in tombs was way too straight-forward and lacked any real challenge as well. Last in the series too so it will be nice to see who takes a stab at it next.

Now, back into RDR and hopefully  done before the Xmas season comes around and Smash Bros. takes over.

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Finally put Tomb Raider to bed and it was a good game honestly. Bit draggy at points and the side missions are not so well thought out at times but its enjoyable for the money you pay. I wish they'd done more to make it challenging even on higher difficulties. Most of the acclaimed puzzle solving in tombs was way too straight-forward and lacked any real challenge as well. Last in the series too so it will be nice to see who takes a stab at it next.

Now, back into RDR and hopefully  done before the Xmas season comes around and Smash Bros. takes over.

Is that the new Tomb Raider or one of the earlier ones?

Once I've done Yakuza Kiwami 2 (which I hope is no later than the end of the month), Smash Bros is definitely next with Red Dead 2 afterwards.