talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

You'll have to let me know how you liked RE2. I liked it a lot and while the aesthetics of the game died off after a while due to some repetition I found it a great experience overall.

I have only played GOW really

18 hours ago, Mel81x said:

You'll have to let me know how you liked RE2. I liked it a lot and while the aesthetics of the game died off after a while due to some repetition I found it a great experience overall.

I decided that because I'm an idiot, I'll do it straight away on Hardcore mode. I think I may have just severely fucked myself to the point that I may need to start again. xD

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I decided that because I'm an idiot, I'll do it straight away on Hardcore mode. I think I may have just severely fucked myself to the point that I may need to start again. xD

Stick with it. I think when the 'survival' portion of the game kicks in its enjoyed best. Having to run around and get weapons and ammo quite easily doesn't make for a fun run imo. Then again when you start getting to the later stages stocking up becomes so important so maybe you're right, redo.

44 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Stick with it. I think when the 'survival' portion of the game kicks in its enjoyed best. Having to run around and get weapons and ammo quite easily doesn't make for a fun run imo. Then again when you start getting to the later stages stocking up becomes so important so maybe you're right, redo.

What about when your health is on danger, you have no health items other than red herbs (which are useless alone), you need a crucial item but it's surrounded by zombies, you need a grenade launcher that is guarded by two zombies and there's a licker up ahead? xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

What about when your health is on danger, you have no health items other than red herbs (which are useless alone), you need a crucial item but it's surrounded by zombies, you need a grenade launcher that is guarded by two zombies and there's a licker up ahead? xD

Walk up very quietly and ask politely if you can have the herb :ph34r:

Recently finished with Hitman and got bored quite quickly. It's a bit too slow paced for me. Still have Hitman 2 to play, so have mixed feelings about that now.

I'm nearly finished with Spider-Man, which I was a little disappointed with after the hype it got. Looks great though.

I never got the fuss about God Of War. For me one of the most overrated games ever.

• Subscriber

Finally had a look at Kerbal Space Program today; a rocket building/spaceflight simulator game with a bit of humour and well simulated natural laws that govern real-world space travel. Aerodynamics, orbital mechanics, thermodynamics, gravitational pull, trajectories and much more have to be taken into account to complete missions successfully so it's a real niche game but it's a gem for all wannabe rocket scientists out there haha! In addition there are loads of mods and some of those are even officially developed by members of scientific community. Love it; can't wait to get properly into it!

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Finally had a look at Kerbal Space Program today; a rocket building/spaceflight simulator game with a bit of humour and well simulated natural laws that govern real-world space travel. Aerodynamics, orbital mechanics, thermodynamics, gravitational pull, trajectories and much more have to be taken into account to complete missions successfully so it's a real niche game but it's a gem for all wannabe rocket scientists out there haha! In addition there are loads of mods and some of those are even officially developed by members of scientific community. Love it; can't wait to get properly into it!

I haven't played it but had heard a lot of good things about it, particularly about the game having some humour as well as attempting to be realistic. 

While I don't mind games attempting to be realistic, some go too far to the point that it sucks the fun out of it. 

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I haven't played it but had heard a lot of good things about it, particularly about the game having some humour as well as attempting to be realistic. 

While I don't mind games attempting to be realistic, some go too far to the point that it sucks the fun out of it. 

I haven't started playing it properly and only looked around a bit today but even the training mode is quite humorous and presents rocket building in a lighthearted manner. That said, it looks like a fairly difficult game to be fair as there are so many different factors rooted in real physics that need to be considered for the spacecraft to actually work... I heard it's very challenging, the failures are fun instead of being frustrating and the achievements are very rewarding as it takes a lot of effort and many attempts based on trial and error to make it right. 

3 hours ago, nudge said:

I haven't started playing it properly and only looked around a bit today but even the training mode is quite humorous and presents rocket building in a lighthearted manner. That said, it looks like a fairly difficult game to be fair as there are so many different factors rooted in real physics that need to be considered for the spacecraft to actually work... I heard it's very challenging, the failures are fun instead of being frustrating and the achievements are very rewarding as it takes a lot of effort and many attempts based on trial and error to make it right. 

It's a really fun game, but it's hard as fuck. It's definitely a game of trial and error.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's a really fun game, but it's hard as fuck. It's definitely a game of trial and error.

Did you make it to the Mun? 

My next flight attempts were a bit better haha. I successfully entered the orbit but then accidentally used all the fuel and so my spaceship with the Kerbal astronaut got stuck in the orbit forever... The next attempt to get into orbit and then reenter and successfully land was spot on as I downsplashed on water with my crew capsule and all astronauts in tact B|

It's not an easy game for sure but the training modules are great and teach you all the basics pretty well... 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Did you make it to the Mun? 

My next flight attempts were a bit better haha. I successfully entered the orbit but then accidentally used all the fuel and so my spaceship with the Kerbal astronaut got stuck in the orbit forever... The next attempt to get into orbit and then reenter and successfully land was spot on as I downsplashed on water with my crew capsule and all astronauts in tact B|

It's not an easy game for sure but the training modules are great and teach you all the basics pretty well... 

I’ve only played it on my brother’s computer and I’m shit at it, so I never made the mun. He knows what the fuck he’s doing. When I play it’s basically astronaut disaster simulator.

• Haha 2

On 05/03/2019 at 18:40, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tried that and they ripped my face off. :(

Well @Mel81x, after numerous deaths of trying to get everything in one go, I finally managed to pull it off. Got my key item, got my grenade launcher and managed to get the three main items required to progress in the game. 

I did have a moment of madness as I searched around for the best part of an hour wondering what the hell I do next.......... before realising that due to utter panic of the amount of zombies coming through windows, trying to eat me and legging it asap, I missed one door that held the item required to get one of the three key items. :dam:

The same room however gave me a much needed green herb as well, meaning that I could finally get my health back up to full after mixing with a red herb. 

Now I have a fair bit of pistol ammo, a grenade launcher with both flame and acid rounds, a first aid spray and five ink ribbons (as I'm on Hardcore mode). Getting there now. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Well @Mel81x, after numerous deaths of trying to get everything in one go, I finally managed to pull it off. Got my key item, got my grenade launcher and managed to get the three main items required to progress in the game. 

I did have a moment of madness as I searched around for the best part of an hour wondering what the hell I do next.......... before realising that due to utter panic of the amount of zombies coming through windows, trying to eat me and legging it asap, I missed one door that held the item required to get one of the three key items. :dam:

The same room however gave me a much needed green herb as well, meaning that I could finally get my health back up to full after mixing with a red herb. 

Now I have a fair bit of pistol ammo, a grenade launcher with both flame and acid rounds, a first aid spray and five ink ribbons (as I'm on Hardcore mode). Getting there now. 

And someone wanted to start all over again haha. Starting to sound like you're playing Dark Souls, the Resident Evil edition.

• 2 weeks later...

Sniper Elite V2 :4_joy: It's an old game from 2013, but it still has a small community playing it, and it feels like you know everyone who still plays it. A nice group of Russians, French, Italian, Poles and a few Germans. 

17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Sniper Elite is brilliant, it's probably my Dad's favourite game.

Yea, lots of "older" people play it. There was a guy from 1948 playing it the other day. 

• Subscriber

Started playing Sekiro this morning. It's weird because it has an almost NiOh style to it, based on a Shinobi trying to help and at the same time there are mechanics like Onimushra and Gaiden in there too. Not much platforming from a puzzle perspective yet but some of these mid-ground bosses are a little ridiculous (just like NiOh). 

If you like any of these games: Ninja Gaiden, NiOh, Onimushra or Dark Souls then this is a good game imo. The mechanics can get a bit clunky and the openings have to be well timed otherwise you're left swinging your weapon and leaving yourself open to attacks. This of course leads to damage and in some cases death and you really dont want to die in this game because then the grueling run to get all your stuff back starts.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
On 25/03/2019 at 01:09, Mel81x said:

Started playing Sekiro this morning. It's weird because it has an almost NiOh style to it, based on a Shinobi trying to help and at the same time there are mechanics like Onimushra and Gaiden in there too. Not much platforming from a puzzle perspective yet but some of these mid-ground bosses are a little ridiculous (just like NiOh). 

If you like any of these games: Ninja Gaiden, NiOh, Onimushra or Dark Souls then this is a good game imo. The mechanics can get a bit clunky and the openings have to be well timed otherwise you're left swinging your weapon and leaving yourself open to attacks. This of course leads to damage and in some cases death and you really dont want to die in this game because then the grueling run to get all your stuff back starts.

I did rather enjoy dunkies video of this one. Also checked in on lyric, game looks hard af, I definitely see the resemblance to dark souls. What was the other samurai game coming out soon, that one looked pretty good at least in previews as well.

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I did rather enjoy dunkies video of this one. Also checked in on lyric, game looks hard af, I definitely see the resemblance to dark souls. What was the other samurai game coming out soon, that one looked pretty good at least in previews as well.

Ghost of Tsushima and NiOh 2(this one I am definitely looking forward to)

Didn't Lirik finally beat it? I am avoiding watching streams so I can play the game as it was meant to be played. Also, you're right about hard AF, if you think engaging two enemies is a good idea without some kind of gameplan to eradicate one of them quick you'll get mothered very very fast. Met a mini-boss with two bars and thought meh can't be that hard till he gave me a walloping. I then went back and did it Nioh style where you wait for openings and while it took 15 minutes it was so gratifying. 

Edited by Mel81x