talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

Played Rocket League again today for the first time in 18 months. Started a ranked (I was relatively high ranked before I stopped) match even though I was rusty as shit and got flamed so hard. That community is toxic as shit, haha. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Tommy said:

Played Rocket League again today for the first time in 18 months. Started a ranked (I was relatively high ranked before I stopped) match even though I was rusty as shit and got flamed so hard. That community is toxic as shit, haha. 

And now that everyone is literally at home all the time its even worse with the name calling (on any online game).

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Hopefully getting Resi 3 through the post, so will look to start that this weekend. 

Starting it tonight as well. Quite looking forward to see what all they've changed. It's one of my faves from the original series.

35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Starting it tonight as well. Quite looking forward to see what all they've changed. It's one of my faves from the original series.

Yeah, the general consensus so far is that it's not as good as the Resi 2 remake and the Resistence add on is a bit meh. At the same time, Resi 3 wasn't considered as good as Resi 2 back in the day anyway and I liked Resi 3 regardless. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, the general consensus so far is that it's not as good as the Resi 2 remake and the Resistence add on is a bit meh. At the same time, Resi 3 wasn't considered as good as Resi 2 back in the day anyway and I liked Resi 3 regardless. 

Agreed. When it came out long time ago a lot of people thought it was utter garbage but the addition of Nemesis chasing you around made it fun. I think this is going to be more of the same really and while Nemesis has been nerfed a bit (so I am told) I am going to enjoy it regardless.

• Subscriber

For anyone into team play games like CS:GO or Overwatch take a look at this from Riot games.

https://playvalorant.com/en-us/

PC Beta is opening up and its supposed to be quite fun.

And of course they copied both those games to make this but what's new they did the same when they copied Dota to make them MOBA famous.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Started it earlier today and I'm liking it so far, though Nemesis is an utter bastard as you can't outrun it, so trying to dodge it while running forward is a twat. 

I like how they dont mess about and start the tension from the get-go. Even the regular zombies aren't easy to dodge anymore.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I like how they dont mess about and start the tension from the get-go. Even the regular zombies aren't easy to dodge anymore.

Yeah, nailing the dodge is tough overall. The quick step helps you get out of trouble rather than running. 

Idiot here of course just went straight for hardcore though I don't like having no ink ribbons and saving whenever you fancy. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, nailing the dodge is tough overall. The quick step helps you get out of trouble rather than running. 

Idiot here of course just went straight for hardcore though I don't like having no ink ribbons and saving whenever you fancy. 

I think that just adds to the fun factor of the game. I am playing it on standard first to see what its like honestly then I'll do another run.

16 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think that just adds to the fun factor of the game. I am playing it on standard first to see what its like honestly then I'll do another run.

I just jumped straight to hardcore as I did in the Resi 2 remake. Ammo hasn't been a massive issue so far but keeping your health up is difficult, especially with Nemesis on your ass.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I just jumped straight to hardcore as I did in the Resi 2 remake. Ammo hasn't been a massive issue so far but keeping your health up is difficult, especially with Nemesis on your ass.

That's what I am finding too. I don't really fire as much and this with a handgun, shotgun and grenade (which I havent even bothered to use yet)

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

That's what I am finding too. I don't really fire as much and this with a handgun, shotgun and grenade (which I havent even bothered to use yet)

I used the shotgun a little in the power station area simply because it was starting to piss me off with the Deimos and dieing too often. Thankfully I've got most of the good stuff except for a safe. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I used the shotgun a little in the power station area simply because it was starting to piss me off with the Deimos and dieing too often. Thankfully I've got most of the good stuff except for a safe. 

I successfully evaded Nemesis and learned that I can now dodge him at will. The only thing I haven't tried yet which I am going to when he shows up next is what happens when I unload the grenade launcher into him. I know in the old game he drops weapon expansion kits so I am wondering if its the same here.

48 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I successfully evaded Nemesis and learned that I can now dodge him at will. The only thing I haven't tried yet which I am going to when he shows up next is what happens when I unload the grenade launcher into him. I know in the old game he drops weapon expansion kits so I am wondering if its the same here.

Yeah, I remember Nemesis dropping things of you put him on his ass. I don't think it's the same in this version. I can dodge but trying to keep running and looking at Nemesis behind you is a pain in the ass. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Top 5 Resident Evil games ever played? I mean there are so many its a hard list to pick from as they've had some stellar titles over the years but I'll give it a shot.

1. Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube
  2. Resident Evil Remake - Gamecube
  3. Resident Evil 7 - PS4
  4. Resident Evil 2 : Remake - PS4
  5. Resident Evil 3 - Dreamcast
Edited by Mel81x

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Top 5 Resident Evil games ever played? I mean there are so many its a hard list to pick from as they've had some stellar titles over the years but I'll give it a shot.

1. Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube
  2. Resident Evil Remake - Gamecube
  3. Resident Evil 7 - PS4
  4. Resident Evil 2 : Remake - PS4
  5. Resident Evil 3 - Dreamcast

Is it bad that I've only played three of those five and completed two? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Is it bad that I've only played three of those five and completed two? 

Depends on which two you complete :)

My list of RE games to finality is quite long haha and I have played all of them. Also, those Revelation games get so much hate but they are way more fun than some of the other more action-oriented games out in the series. I'd have put REV2 in the top 5 but I thought about what I was playing when I got to REV2 and decided not to.

Edited by Mel81x

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Depends on which two you complete :)

My list of RE games to finality is quite long haha and I have played all of them. Also, those Revelation games get so much hate but they are way more fun than some of the other more action-oriented games out in the series. I'd have put REV2 in the top 5 but I thought about what I was playing when I got to REV2 and decided not to.

Resi 1 (original on PSX), Resi 2 (both on PS) and Resi 3 (original and playing the remake, both PS). 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Resi 1 (original on PSX), Resi 2 (both on PS) and Resi 3 (original and playing the remake, both PS). 

I like the RE Original a lot but then CAPCOM did that re-release on the GC and the subsequent HD Remaster for PC and they are so so much better.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I like the RE Original a lot but then CAPCOM did that re-release on the GC and the subsequent HD Remaster for PC and they are so so much better.

I actually have a copy in GC but never got round to playing it. Same with Resi 4 on Wii and Resi 7 on PS4. Somehow, I played Resi 5 fully and partially of 6 (though that was a god send). 

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I actually have a copy in GC but never got round to playing it. Same with Resi 4 on Wii and Resi 7 on PS4. Somehow, I played Resi 5 fully and partially of 6 (though that was a god send). 

6 for me was like a cheap action film with so many cut scenes and I kinda wished I had gotten around to RE7 when it came out as I spent time on some other game first (cant remember which).