talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My wife got me Animal Crossing because she needed to be friends with someone who has cherries native to their island. So I had to keep restarting until I got cherries.

I have no idea really what the point of this game is, but it’s weirdly relaxing.

Its super chill but man is it ever a time sucker.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, nudge said:

Played Space Haven for a few hours today. 

First unexpected challenge: potty training. Life in space ain't easy... 😂

IMG_20200614_023337_1.thumb.jpg.c4b8ac12be440fefa026e58c356300a4.jpg

All I kept thinking was "God gravity is about to make that very messy"

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

All I kept thinking was "God gravity is about to make that very messy"

I just didn't expect such blunt language, to be honest xD 

The game is very promising, feels like somewhat of a hybrid of Rimworld, FTL and Spacebase DF-9. Having a lot of fun with it... Not just a base building, but also space exploration, procedurally generated galaxy, ship to ship and crew to crew combat, asteroid mining, aliens, various factions with different relationships between them, hyperspace jumps, derelict ship salvaging, missions away from the main base, crew relationships, etc. There's a nice backstory too, but the game feels very open ended. Oh and the soundtrack is spot on! Very ambient and atmospheric. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Turns out Animal Crossing is basically video game heroin. It's very relaxing and very addictive... and it sucks up a lot of time without you really knowing how much time it's been or if you've really done anything.

The last one I played was on a GameCube and only during the summer time I saw the new one and I'd love to play it but fuck that I'd get sucked into a rabbit hole for days.

On 16/06/2020 at 03:36, Mel81x said:

The last one I played was on a GameCube and only during the summer time I saw the new one and I'd love to play it but fuck that I'd get sucked into a rabbit hole for days.

I think it’s my favourite Nintendo game... or at least it’s the best Nintendo game I’ve played in a long while (but I’m one of those weirdos who thinks Breath of the Wild was a bit overrated).

And that’s something I never thought I would say because it wasn’t that long ago I thought this game looked stupid.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it’s my favourite Nintendo game... or at least it’s the best Nintendo game I’ve played in a long while (but I’m one of those weirdos who thinks Breath of the Wild was a bit overrated).

And that’s something I never thought I would say because it wasn’t that long ago I thought this game looked stupid.

Nintendo specializes in this. I mean a plumber who jumps on enemies and rides a fantasy mini dinosaur? A little fairy boy who goes to save a princess who hasn't once given him any and yet he gets burned and bruised? A space mercenary who can turn into a ball making your regular contortionist look like amateur hour? Yeah Animal Crossing is definitely made by them and its like crack. I know someone personally who actually streams it and I think to myself "get it" then I quietly gaze at my work calendar and go "yeah cant get it"

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://www.darklight-game.com/

Well worth the money if you like a platformer. Tagging @Bluebird Hewitt as I think this is something you might be interested in when it comes to the Switch.

I'll keep an eye out for that, cheers. 

I've been eyeing up Dead Cells for a while as well but just haven't had a lot of time to buy and play it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Just started playing Ghost of Tsushima and wow what a game. If you have a PS4 and like a swordplay game this one is a good purchase. The sword mechanics aren't ultra-fast like most hack and slashes and the game offers a nice level of ramping with difficulty too. Sucker Punch Studios outdid themselves here.

I started playing Fallout 76 because it's on Game Pass. I know it had horrible horrible reviews when it launched, but apparently as of April it's been made into a pretty good game.

As someone playing now, I have no idea what's new and what's original... but it's seeming pretty fun so far.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Still fannying about with Yakuza 3 atm, though hoping to finish that shortly. Not sure whether to jump into number 4 or buy Last of Us Part 2.

Go with 4 and wait on LoU2 to get cheaper (which it will soon enough).

12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Go with 4 and wait on LoU2 to get cheaper (which it will soon enough).

I might do, though the one issue I have (not sure if it's more personal or a general sense) at times with games is series fatigue. If I play the same games too often, I tire of them and end up not carrying on. It's happened with the Metal Gear and Assassin's Creed runthroughs I was doing (though the latter was for the best as I wasn't arsed with the last one of Ezio's lot and not bothered with 3 either). 

I'll probably break it up with something in my collection I've yet to play or finish, something like Alien Isolation, Breath of the Wild or Mario and Rabbids.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

23 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'll probably break it up with something in my collection I've yet to play or finish, something like Alien Isolation, Breath of the Wild or Mario and Rabbids.

Brilliant game, although the second half of it isn't quite as good as the first.

The first half is great though, it was really immersive. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I played it up to the point the androids turned up, but never continued for some reason. 

Imo that's where the game takes a bit of a downturn... so I understand that tbh. It's still a very good game,  or at least... I really enjoyed it.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Imo that's where the game takes a bit of a downturn... so I understand that tbh. It's still a very good game,  or at least... I really enjoyed it.

That’s a fair assessment. The alien really does keep you on your toes when it starts but then it does get a bit slow as it moves on. 

• Subscriber

Started up The Witcher 3. Im kind of torn, the leveling system seems kinda trash, the combat leaves alot to be desired but it still has alot going for it. The side quests I do find are pretty interesting, the story itself is interesting, I like the choices and interactive bits but Im not sure If i can get over the negatives. Ill keep plugging away and trying for now. 

Finished Yakuza 3 as much as I can be bothered with now. I'd heard beforehand that it was arguably the weakest of the series and while I'm yet to play 4, 5 or 6, I agree with the general consensus. 

While it wasn't a bad game, the story was a bit meh really (there were a few chapters where it seem to focus mainly on kids and just seemed to be filler when you consider the amount of chapters overall) and I thought the substories were quite weak overall. It had a couple of moments that were pretty funny and the end game was a bit nuts (as they usually are) but compared to 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2, it was the worst so far. 

On to Yakuza 4 now methinks.