talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

What does it play like?

I think it plays a bit like the original NiOh without the disgusting difficulty if you don't choose Legend. It's got a lot of exploration in it but it does get a bit repetitive at times. However, the duels are super fun and a bit challenging as well. I'd say its really good as they use the story to generate a lot of interest in the game and you dont spend a lot of time listening to them talk and more time doing stuff which I like.

It's actually a bit like Phantom Pain where you can choose to stay on the path or just roam the land and do stuff.

Edited by Mel81x

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I think it plays a bit like the original NiOh without the disgusting difficulty if you don't choose Legend. It's got a lot of exploration in it but it does get a bit repetitive at times. However, the duels are super fun and a bit challenging as well. I'd say its really good as they use the story to generate a lot of interest in the game and you dont spend a lot of time listening to them talk and more time doing stuff which I like.

It's actually a bit like Phantom Pain where you can choose to stay on the path or just roam the land and do stuff.

Might have to pick it up next. Just beat the demon as welll, I am feeling giddy

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Might have to pick it up next. Just beat the demon as welll, I am feeling giddy

You've got some ways to go in Sekiro and yeah I'd give Ghost of Tsushima a run its more casual and has a good story. 

Finished Life is Strange 2, which I'd gotten a few months ago on Steam. (MINOR SPOILERS)

Honestly disappointing. The writing ranged from decent to very poor. Especially the political commentary seemed shoehorned. You can really tell that the main writers are Europeans with a limited understanding of American culture (sovereign citizens working together with cops?!).

The entire premise of the game does not make much sense either. Without giving away too much, for the entire game I kept thinking "Wait, why are we running? This is just going to make things worse."

And in my playthrough, it did.

It was interesting to see the road trip formula play out. It's a big contrast with the smalltown/high school setting of the original arc, but it also made it obvious why the latter worked better. Due to the surroundings constantly changing, there's very little going on in terms of character bonding and emotional development. That a chapter that sorts of mimicks the 'staying in one place' concept is by far the most enjoyable episode of the game is very telling.

In the end there was enough good stuff in the game to enjoy a single playthrough, but honestly it doesn't hold a candle to the original game (which had its own share of issues), let alone the prequel to the original.

• Subscriber

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima, what a ride. I'll be very surprised if this doesn't get nominated for a GOTY award just because the story is extremely good and while the gameplay can get a bit monotonous at times they switch it up enough. 

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Saw some gameplay for that the other day, looks like a crack.. a cross between It's a Knockout, and Takeshi's castle... 

I have had my fill of mischief on it over the weekend. Its good fun when you play with friends and are all chatting with each other. Good solo too but not quite as fun imo.

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I have had my fill of mischief on it over the weekend. Its good fun when you play with friends and are all chatting with each other. Good solo too but not quite as fun imo.

That seems to be the most fun way to play it... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Seen some footage of it and it looks pretty good. If they include some form of local play (which I did hear rumours but unsure if it's true), that would be great. 

I think the local play would be fun but I also think it would take away from the mess it becomes when you have 60 people start out trying to race to a finish line. Still, if you want to do mini-tournaments it might be a lot of fun. I've been playing it about 20 minutes a day and I kind of like that its pure chaos. 

My wife and I just got Smash Bros on the Switch and we've been playing a lot of that lately. It's nice to play a fighting game that's easy as fuck, because usually they are very hard and I have to concentrate really hard and get all sweaty to even come close to winning (and I usually don't because for some reason my wife is absolutely incredible at Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat).

42 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My wife and I just got Smash Bros on the Switch and we've been playing a lot of that lately. It's nice to play a fighting game that's easy as fuck, because usually they are very hard and I have to concentrate really hard and get all sweaty to even come close to winning (and I usually don't because for some reason my wife is absolutely incredible at Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat).

Smash Bros is one of those 'easy to play' games with a fair bit of depth if you try to 'master' any of the characters. Granted, it's more frantic than technical ala Street Fighter, but just because it's so easy to pick up and just a lot of fun that I class them as my favourite fighting games. 

I have Nintendo Online for a couple more months so am happy to give you a game at some point if you fancy it. 

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Smash Bros is one of those 'easy to play' games with a fair bit of depth if you try to 'master' any of the characters. Granted, it's more frantic than technical ala Street Fighter, but just because it's so easy to pick up and just a lot of fun that I class them as my favourite fighting games. 

I have Nintendo Online for a couple more months so am happy to give you a game at some point if you fancy it. 

I don't think I have Nintendo online (when we've been visiting each others islands on Animal Crossing, we've been using the local connection instead of the internet)... but if there's a trial or anything, I'd be down to try.

You'll probably murder me, I'm not the greatest at fighting games. The chaos of Smash Bros sort of gives me a better shot though with my button mashing.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think I have Nintendo online (when we've been visiting each others islands on Animal Crossing, we've been using the local connection instead of the internet)... but if there's a trial or anything, I'd be down to try.

You'll probably murder me, I'm not the greatest at fighting games. The chaos of Smash Bros sort of gives me a better shot though with my button mashing.

Trust me. I'm shit at the game despite loving the series. xD

I like sinking time into games I like, but not to the point of 'trying to master' something as to me, it starts to sink the fun out of it if it gets too serious. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

YES. You need to visit my island 😂😂

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I used to play competitively and there was one guy, you know that one guy. I was in college at the time and he'd come down from his dorm room to the common area like he'd just woken up and pick the most absurd characters like Dudley and give me a ass whooping. I told him to compete but he was too lazy to go to competitions. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The remaster is much harder than I remember the originals being.

But omg it's so fun and it's taken me back about 20 years, to much simpler times.

I didn't even know there was a remake/remaster :51_scream: