talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

It came out 10 days ago. I learned about it yesterday. Idk if it's on PC, but if it is... I really recommend it if you liked the original games

Cheers, I'll have to check it out... I LOVED the originals, the soundtrack alone was phenomenal. Simpler times, as you said...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Cheers, I'll have to check it out... I LOVED the originals, the soundtrack alone was phenomenal. Simpler times, as you said...

The original soundtrack is a part of the game. They added a lot of songs, which tbh... I don't really care for xD but all that shite from 20 years ago is still there.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, I read that it was a very good remaster. Played it a little back in the day (christ I sound old saying that), but not a huge amount. 

I played so much of it way back in the day - I've been feeling some insane nostalgia seeing all of the levels again.

It definitely makes me feel like a very old man though.

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The remaster is much harder than I remember the originals being.

But omg it's so fun and it's taken me back about 20 years, to much simpler times.

now it got even better with Charlie Brown Jr's Soundtrack "Confisco", this game is insanely cool dude

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 16/09/2020 at 00:14, Dr. Gonzo said:

I honestly can't explain how much I'm enjoying the re-mastered Tony Hawks 1 + 2. The nostalgia kick is unbelievable.

Downloaded it again last night. Remembering where all of the secret tapes are and everything is knowledge I didn't think I'd retain!

Just got a new PC too after being a Mac guy for years - looking forward to playing some games on there too.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Squadrons is such a weird game. I tried it with both a controller and the KBM combo but I went back to the controller just because it seemed more natural if that makes any sense. With the KBM I felt like I had too much control and it became a tad bit clunky too. I finished the Prologue and the first three missions so looking forward to what else is in store. 

So far, the best chasing has been in a tunnel and trying to learn how to use the different boosts properly. Oh and its definitely gorgeous in 4K gaming. 

Edited by Mel81x

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2020 at 22:57, Mel81x said:

Squadrons is such a weird game. I tried it with both a controller and the KBM combo but I went back to the controller just because it seemed more natural if that makes any sense. With the KBM I felt like I had too much control and it became a tad bit clunky too. I finished the Prologue and the first three missions so looking forward to what else is in store. 

So far, the best chasing has been in a tunnel and trying to learn how to use the different boosts properly. Oh and its definitely gorgeous in 4K gaming. 

I don't really play on PC anymore because my PC is a bit shit in terms of graphics card... and there's other shite I'd rather waste my money on than making my computer really good for gaming. But I've heard that more and more games that come out on PC & console tend to be much easier to play on a controller than keyboard+mouse.

I can't imagine that's the case with many shooter games... but I know it's very true with Rocket League. Wouldn't really surprise me that it's easier to fly an X-Wing (or whatever) on a controller than KBM.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't really play on PC anymore because my PC is a bit shit in terms of graphics card... and there's other shite I'd rather waste my money on than making my computer really good for gaming. But I've heard that more and more games that come out on PC & console tend to be much easier to play on a controller than keyboard+mouse.

I can't imagine that's the case with many shooter games... but I know it's very true with Rocket League. Wouldn't really surprise me that it's easier to fly an X-Wing (or whatever) on a controller than KBM.

Well with the way most game studios have started ported games over to PC its inevitable that the KBM experience was never going to really be the primary goal. Take for example games that explicitly tell you when they start up "Best experienced with a controller". I don't mind really as keeping my PC updated is two-fold, one for work and one for personal reasons however I have always seen the appeal of a console more.

Also, since my last comment I have used a flight-stick with Squadrons and its far better than a controller for obvious reasons. 

• Subscriber

https://rajithegame.com/

Spent some time playing this today and thought it was okay. Nothing to write home about, slightly clunky controls especially with the jumping but its out there and I think its playable and enjoyable in certain parts as well. They've got a lot to do to make it better and if you can get it cheap on Steam (during a sale) I think its a good purchase to kill some time.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I was playing the Tennis Elbow games a few years ago, loads of fun to be fair.

Yea, same. Then I got a mail that Part 2 is on sale, so I thought I give it a try. A lot more complex than the first game, but fun so far. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, same. Then I got a mail that Part 2 is on sale, so I thought I give it a try. A lot more complex than the first game, but fun so far. 

I bought the second one but I didn't really get into it, I quite like to watch the matches but simply don't have the time for it now, and the mechanics of the actual matches are terrible, defenders and counter punches win easily all the time, like Federer will literally lose 6-2 6-0 to Nadal on a hard court.

I would absolutely love it if they made an F1 game with this format though where you could start out as a driver or team manager in any year back to 1980 and just do a 15 year career from there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2020 at 09:50, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Finished Yakuza 5 but want to do some of the extra things on the game before moving on and getting Yakuza 6 and finishing Kiryu's story. Should be perfect timing as Yakuza 7 (different characters and genre) will be out by the time I get close to finishing 6 at least. 

Right, well I've done the vast majority of the game now and once completed on legend, I'll likely play small or filler games (such as Mario Bros 35, FM20 and Streets of Rage 4) to see if Yakuza 6 happens to have a price drop during Black Friday. 

Oh, and you can tell that I was way off the quoted schedule. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2020 at 09:05, Mel81x said:

Went back and started another Divinity: Original Sin 2 run. This time I plan to drink more coffee and just laze my way through the game.

The first one is such a good game.

I want to play a new Star Wars game that’s as good as Fallen Order (which I loved) - I’m doing a trial run of Squadrons and I’m finding it to be absurdly difficult.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The first one is such a good game.

I want to play a new Star Wars game that’s as good as Fallen Order (which I loved) - I’m doing a trial run of Squadrons and I’m finding it to be absurdly difficult.

Are you playing with a keyboard or a controller? I finished it with a controller and my biggest gripe was how hard it was to do fly-bys.