talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Haven't played any of the Tropico games myself. Can't remember which version it was, but one of them was free as part of PS Plus in the past. Didn't get round to aying it though. 

It's one of my favourite video game series of all time. Definitely the most fun one. The original was great; even if it's dated now, I still play it from time to time. The second one is the only one with a different setting in the whole series - instead of being a dictator of a banana republic, you are a pirate king. Pure fun. 

I would definitely recommend giving it a go... Tropico 1 one if you can handle outdated graphics, 3 if you want what was the best revival of the series, or 4 which is arguably the best modern one (can't say anything about 6 as I haven't played it yet). 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

It's one of my favourite video game series of all time. Definitely the most fun one. The original was great; even if it's dated now, I still play it from time to time. The second one is the only one with a different setting in the whole series - instead of being a dictator of a banana republic, you are a pirate king. Pure fun. 

I would definitely recommend giving it a go... Tropico 1 one if you can handle outdated graphics, 3 if you want what was the best revival of the series, or 4 which is arguably the best modern one (can't say anything about 6 as I haven't played it yet). 

I might do at some point, though I've just been struggling for time more recently. 

The idea of being a Pirate King sounds appealing though. 

image.png.dc72bb5c9808860872f8434fed6b6b7e.png

• Haha 1

On 09/01/2021 at 13:00, nudge said:

Re-installed Tropico 2: Pirate Cove, what a game... Just pure fun. Wish it will get a remake some time. That said, has anyone played Tropico 6? Just read that it also has raid mechanics, sounds like fun...

I loved Tropico 2! I don't think I've played any of them since Tropico 5 (which I think I last played, sometime last year). I haven't tried 6, but I'll look into it.

I've just started playing Void Bastards last night, not really knowing anything about the game at all and just being recommended it. I love it though - it plays like an old school fps (I get old school Doom vibes from it, even though it doesn't really look anything like Doom 3D - I think it's because of the flatness of the enemies) but with some really simplistic stealth mechanics. Ammo's a bit rare so it sort of promotes picking and choosing when you go in shooting & when you sneak around.

I think part of the fun of the game, for me, was not really knowing much about the game before jumping in. But it was recommended to me by someone who pretty much knew I would love the game after he played it for a bit... so maybe I should explain the game more.

But if you just want to go in fairly blind like I did, I wholly recommend it. I think it's a brilliant little game. The way they handle the player controlled character dying/respawning is also pretty fucking brilliant. It's a very cool game, it reminds me of a lot of different games from the past... but in a way that feels really fresh and original and the game itself, imo, is very unique.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Finally got round to setting up a Powkiddy my missus got me for Christmas. Fifa 98, WWF No Mercy, 007 Goldeneye and NBA 2011 will no doubt be taking up all my spare time.

Have fun. Still have the N64 cartridges of both, though I will warn you that Goldeneye has not aged well at all. 

For me, I've finally completed Kiryu's journey with Yakuza 6 and while I have Judgement ready and waiting, I need a chnage of pace after going through 3-6 in succession. Crash 4 is next @Mpache

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mpache said:

Best Crash game since the Naughty Dog era. The only one who can throw down with the others. However, it's also hard as shit to 100%. Good luck!

Cheers. I've heard the difficulty spikes later on in the game to the point that it becomes very challenging. Only a good thing really so might try my luck on that. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Panna King said:

I downloaded Theme Park World, used to play it ages ago, made a killing on drinks after making the chips salty.

Didn't even know there was another one. 

19 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Starting it tonight

Any good? 

For me I'm finishing off Crash 4 (fuck getting full completion on that), then I'll decide what to play next from there. Got a few choices so will have a think. 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Didn't even know there was another one. 

Any good? 

For me I'm finishing off Crash 4 (fuck getting full completion on that), then I'll decide what to play next from there. Got a few choices so will have a think. 

Its good imo. A bit weird at first but then it starts to pickup. Have you played Control yet? I think that was a lot more fun.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I haven't played Control. I may have heard this wrong but I heard it played quite badly on base PS4's, which is what I have. 

I played Control on a PC so I am not sure what the PS4 equivalent was. If you want a nice slow grind with a lot of combat the other game I can't recommend enough is Ghost of Tsushima. 

29 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I played Control on a PC so I am not sure what the PS4 equivalent was. If you want a nice slow grind with a lot of combat the other game I can't recommend enough is Ghost of Tsushima. 

Yeah, I've heard Ghosts is superb. Just got a bit of a backlog at present to think of much else at present. :(

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber

Yeah, I've heard Ghosts is superb. Just got a bit of a backlog at present to think of much else at present. :(

Whats in your back pocket? I have quite a few too. Not as bad as before the pandemic though.

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Whats in your back pocket? I have quite a few too. Not as bad as before the pandemic though.

Finishing Crash 4 first, then have a choice of the Spyro trilogy, Ultimate MK11, God of War, Horizon, Resi 7, Alien Isolation (which I did start but never finished), Judgment and Rise of the Tomb Raider (at least). 

I haven't had much of a chance during the pandemic as I've still been working etc. 

• Subscriber

Finishing Crash 4 first, then have a choice of the Spyro trilogy, Ultimate MK11, God of War, Horizon, Resi 7, Alien Isolation (which I did start but never finished), Judgment and Rise of the Tomb Raider (at least). 

I haven't had much of a chance during the pandemic as I've still been working etc. 

Out of all those play GoW. Its good and will keep you busy. 

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Out of all those play GoW. Its good and will keep you busy. 

I did enjoy the main trio in the series tbf and am considering it next.

However, after smashing people's heads into a wall or stamping on their heads for four games straight in the Yakuza series (3-6), I needed something a bit 'lighter' as such.

45 minutes ago, MUFC said:

On the PS4 I've been playing Resident evil 2 remake for a month. Last few days been playing the last of us 2, anyone played it? I prefer it over Resident Evil, is an great game.

Resi 2 remake is very good, with the only downer I had (not gameplay wise) is that the story doesn't make much sense due to how you progress in both games (if you've played both sides, you'll know what I mean). Not that Resi games were ever known for its story telling mind. 

I'm tempted on Last of Us 2 (especially as I really liked the first game), but not sure whether to go for that or Doom Eternal first (after my backlog has cleared a little).

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Resi 2 remake is very good, with the only downer I had (not gameplay wise) is that the story doesn't make much sense due to how you progress in both games (if you've played both sides, you'll know what I mean). Not that Resi games were ever known for its story telling mind. 

I'm tempted on Last of Us 2 (especially as I really liked the first game), but not sure whether to go for that or Doom Eternal first (after my backlog has cleared a little).

The last of us 2 I've found easier but more realistic. On RE2 remake, sometimes you use shit load of bullets to kill a single average zombie. Last of us 2 is more open world and shooting, stabbing, holding and punching is more accurate and real. It's just much more enjoyable in my opinion and is the perfect swansong for the ps4.