talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Resi 2 remake is very good, with the only downer I had (not gameplay wise) is that the story doesn't make much sense due to how you progress in both games (if you've played both sides, you'll know what I mean). Not that Resi games were ever known for its story telling mind. 

I'm tempted on Last of Us 2 (especially as I really liked the first game), but not sure whether to go for that or Doom Eternal first (after my backlog has cleared a little).

Also on last of us 2 the tutorials are brilliant, you can have voice tutorials and there are loads of levels to choose from. You can also customize the controls to the exact way you want. Am using default controls, but might make them as similar to gta5 as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2021 at 12:11, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I did enjoy the main trio in the series tbf and am considering it next.

However, after smashing people's heads into a wall or stamping on their heads for four games straight in the Yakuza series (3-6), I needed something a bit 'lighter' as such.

Right, almost done with Crash 4 as much as I can be. I'm not going to '100%' the game as quite frankly, the amount of effort required to do that is utter bollocks. Very good game, but I'm seeing what the general consensus online is in that the actual gameplay is very good and arguably the best one since the original trilogy, but it's so ridiculously bloated that it becomes a chore. 

Quoting the above as I was considering God of War next, but I may have Super Mario 3D World on Switch in a couple of weeks time.

Got a fair few to look at in fairness on PS4 and Switch. 

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Right, almost done with Crash 4 as much as I can be. I'm not going to '100%' the game as quite frankly, the amount of effort required to do that is utter bollocks. Very good game, but I'm seeing what the general consensus online is in that the actual gameplay is very good and arguably the best one since the original trilogy, but it's so ridiculously bloated that it becomes a chore. 

Quoting the above as I was considering God of War next, but I may have Super Mario 3D World on Switch in a couple of weeks time.

Got a fair few to look at in fairness on PS4 and Switch. 

I warned you ;) 

20 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I warned you ;) 

I don't mind a challenge at all, but the amount of effort required to fully complete the game is not worth the hassle. I was looking at a video on YouTube and someone had mentioned that it took a good 68 hours to fully complete. 

68 hours. For a Crash platformer. That's ridiculous. 

I'll look to do the Flashback tapes but that's it. 

• Subscriber

Started playing This Land Is My Land last night. An open world stealth-action-crafting-survival-resource management game with Native American protagonist trying to rebuild his tribe and resist the invasion of the settlers in the 19th century American Frontier. Really enjoying it do far, was waiting for a game from this refreshing point of view for a long time! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Started playing This Land Is My Land last night. An open world stealth-action-crafting-survival-resource management game with Native American protagonist trying to rebuild his tribe and resist the invasion of the settlers in the 19th century American Frontier. Really enjoying it do far, was waiting for a game from this refreshing point of view for a long time! 

What sort of game was this again? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I suck at categorising games xD 

Jesus, started that video, then opened another tab while your video was running and the loud noise at the beginning startled the shit out of me. 

Looks like a very cool game though! :o 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Jesus, started that video, then opened another tab while your video was running and the loud noise at the beginning startled the shit out of me. 

Looks like a very cool game though! :o 

It is! I only played for about an hour last night, but I'm really enjoying it so far...

Done Crash 4's flashback tapes and can't be arsed to do anymore of it now. I was tempted to start God of War but thought if I'm looking to get a PS5 in the future, that's a game that could look and play better on that, so held off on that for now. 

Decided to go back to smashing people's heads in (plus some detective work) by installing Judgment, the Yakuza spin off. 

4 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Going to start Life is Strange this weekend. Never played them so I'm excited!

I've played the first one. It's really cool. Enjoy. :)

Maybe I should try the sequels one day. 

• Subscriber

I redownloaded Rocket League last night. I was never that good at it before but determined to learn now! Played a few unranked online games and seemed to hold my own bar a few stupid mistakes.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I redownloaded Rocket League last night. I was never that good at it before but determined to learn now! Played a few unranked online games and seemed to hold my own bar a few stupid mistakes.

Rocket League back in the day was amazing, haven't played for probably 3-4 years now but when it first came out it was a gamechanger, used to play 2v2 all the time. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Rocket League back in the day was amazing, haven't played for probably 3-4 years now but when it first came out it was a gamechanger, used to play 2v2 all the time. 

Not done any 2v2 yet. Trying to get back up to scratch with 3v3 at the mo.

10 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Best game ever, imo. I've been playing for 5 years off and on. It's timeless - I feel like I'll always come back to it. One of the better competitive multiplayer games out there.

The only thing I don't like is now that it's F2P, they're a lot more strict on the amount of shite you can type out to the opposition. Which is probably to stop people from being racist - but getting banned for small while for typing out "if I'm bad you are shit" was a bit shocking, especially because it censored the word "shit" xD - but it does seem a lot less toxic as a result. My friends and I used to see racial slurs on there CONSTANTLY, so them being more harsh with the word filter is probably for the best.

22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If any of you play Assassins Creed: Valhala, I don't want to give away any spoilers because I really like the game...

... but I hate the main character's brother.

I'm playing it now, give anything away and I'll kick your shins.

• Upvote 1