talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Ordered Mafia: Definitive Edition on the PS4, anyone played it?

So im somewhat of an expert on the topic just ask @nudge :D  The first two games where fantastic. From what I understand this is a remastered kinda thing of just the first? like visual updates etc? if you enjoy it pick up the second installment as well. Dont bother with the 3rd though IT SUCKS. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So im somewhat of an expert on the topic just ask @nudge :D  The first two games where fantastic. From what I understand this is a remastered kinda thing of just the first? like visual updates etc? if you enjoy it pick up the second installment as well. Dont bother with the 3rd though IT SUCKS. 

I've never played any of them lol. So this will be my first dip into this series. Gone for the modern version as I don't like the older games, graphics wise. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Pretty much this, 1&2 are proper 9/10 games - the original was outstanding back in the day and I believe in the remake they've fixed some of the bugs. 

Mafia 3 is atrocious though sadly, so I'd recommend doing the first two then calling it a day.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I remember being thoroughly impressed with Mafia 1 when I first played it.

Same. Wasn't one of the missions that you had to steal a silver arrow race car? That was cool as shit. 

• Upvote 2

Anyone ever played "Emily is Away"? It's like highly immersive and brings you back to your teenage days where MSN messenger etc. were a thing. 

Third part came out today and I bought it immediately. Going to play this tonight!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Is_Away

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_is_Away_Too

https://store.steampowered.com/app/978460/Emily_is_Away_3/

Currently playing Mafia Definite Edition on PS4. After clearing it am going to order Days gone and Hitman 3 on PS4. Max Payne is suppose to be out on PS4 this month.

Have had a high powered gaming Dell laptop for nearly 2 years. The only 2 games I've ever played on it is Commander and Conquer remastered and Motorsport Manager. There is a game out this month on PC only called The Day Before, anyone seen clips of it? It bloody looks good. Will I be able to use a joypad for this game? Have heard you can connect a PS4 pad to your PC via Steam.

• Subscriber
On 16/04/2021 at 19:14, Tommy said:

Anyone ever played "Emily is Away"? It's like highly immersive and brings you back to your teenage days where MSN messenger etc. were a thing. 

Third part came out today and I bought it immediately. Going to play this tonight!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Is_Away

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_is_Away_Too

https://store.steampowered.com/app/978460/Emily_is_Away_3/

A friend of mine was on about this a while back. Might have to give it a shot!

• Upvote 1

On 19/04/2021 at 22:05, MUFC said:

Currently playing Mafia Definite Edition on PS4. After clearing it am going to order Days gone and Hitman 3 on PS4. Max Payne is suppose to be out on PS4 this month.

Have had a high powered gaming Dell laptop for nearly 2 years. The only 2 games I've ever played on it is Commander and Conquer remastered and Motorsport Manager. There is a game out this month on PC only called The Day Before, anyone seen clips of it? It bloody looks good. Will I be able to use a joypad for this game? Have heard you can connect a PS4 pad to your PC via Steam.

Thanks you rancid cunts 🤣

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, MUFC said:

Thanks you rancid cunts 🤣

You can connect a PS4 controller to Steam via a cable but if you want the best experience you need to the Playstation Dongle and it connects quite well. There are some button mapping issues in certain titles but nothing a little file tweak cant fix. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

You can connect a PS4 controller to Steam via a cable but if you want the best experience you need to the Playstation Dongle and it connects quite well. There are some button mapping issues in certain titles but nothing a little file tweak cant fix. 

Cheers, but I might just get a PC joypad. Not the ones that cost hundreds lol, that is insane lol.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Cheers, but I might just get a PC joypad. Not the ones that cost hundreds lol, that is insane lol.

Without a shadow of a doubt the Microsoft XBox controller (the basic one) is the best PC joypad for Steam or anything else. East integration and works out of the box with no worries at all. The only downside is that the connecting device needs to have bluetooth but that's a standard with most laptops and even for PCs its a pretty cheap add-on dongle.

57 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Without a shadow of a doubt the Microsoft XBox controller (the basic one) is the best PC joypad for Steam or anything else. East integration and works out of the box with no worries at all. The only downside is that the connecting device needs to have bluetooth but that's a standard with most laptops and even for PCs its a pretty cheap add-on dongle.

Have hardly played much on an Xbox. The issue is that I can't stand the joypad. I find the design and feel of it to be awful lol.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, MUFC said:

Have hardly played much on an Xbox. The issue is that I can't stand the joypad. I find the design and feel of it to be awful lol.

I dont care much for its design aesthetics either but its still the king of connectivity and offers the best configuration across the board for games both on Steam or other platforms. With other devices you're always jostling with small issues here and there but with the XBX controller its just turn on and play.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I dont care much for its design aesthetics either but its still the king of connectivity and offers the best configuration across the board for games both on Steam or other platforms. With other devices you're always jostling with small issues here and there but with the XBX controller its just turn on and play.

I get you bai saab. Is just the feeling of the pad in my hand. It feels to big and bulky.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

RE8 is chock-full of action like RE4. I played some of it over the weekend and its really quite good from an action standpoint. You spend more time running and less time gunning so far but I dont consider that a bad thing.

Edited by Mel81x

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

RE8 is chock-full of action like RE4. I played some of it over the weekend and its really quite good from an action standpoint. You spend more time running and less time gunning so far but I dont consider that a bad thing.

So long as it's more like RE4 than the two after it, that's a good thing. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So long as it's more like RE4 than the two after it, that's a good thing. 

5 and 6 are hype REs imo. They just tried to push this narrative that Leon and Chris were super-human haha. 7 has more dark undertones and this does too. At the start it really does push the horror component quite aggressively.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

5 and 6 are hype REs imo. They just tried to push this narrative that Leon and Chris were super-human haha. 7 has more dark undertones and this does too. At the start it really does push the horror component quite aggressively.

I did admittedly play RE5 a bit, mainly due to the co-op. I think you know my opinion on RE6. 

I'm yet to play RE7 but heard it was very good and goes more back to the horror roots. 

I think I've hit a new low in gaming. 

I'm trying to finish four side bits on Judgment to fully complete that area, of which two are easy to do and one I might struggle with. 

However, one part is being so much of a pain and my stupidity coming into play that I've spent 30 odd hours trying to get it. 

Is it a very difficult challenge? 

Is it a lengthy but enjoyable part of the game? 

No. It's getting a sodding Riichi Ippatsu on Mahjong just once. :dam:

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Haha 1