talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

football forum

Pretty much what it says on the tin. What game(s) are currently eating away at your spare time? 

For me I'm just starting Sniper Elite 4 after borrowing it from my father. I was a big fan of the third instalment so I'm excited to see what they've brought to the table with this release. The graphics look a lot better and I've been impressed with how they've managed to keep what made the the first three games great (i.e. - the X-Ray kill-cam) whilst adding in a few extras to keep the series fresh. 

• Subscriber

Finished Nioh, started on Horizon Zero Dawn and will probably start the new Zelda next week. Can't say much about Nioh other than its terribly hard when it chooses to be and leaves you in the lurch having to farm which I didn't like and think it took away from some of the boss fights which should have technically been very hard but all that farming just levels you up and then it becomes a cakewalk. As for Horizon, the word gorgeous sums its up. The controls are fluid and although the game does suffer from some weird issues like Silent Strikes from over 10 feet away it does have a good feel to it.

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Yakuza 5, would recommend this series to anyone.

Got Yakuza 0 the other day so looking to play that soon.

I've also set up my dodgy console for retro gaming and had a crack at Micro Machines 2 (fuck me, I forgot how difficult it was), Turtles in Time and the Battletoads/Double Dragon team up. 

33 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Got Yakuza 0 the other day so looking to play that soon.

I've also set up my dodgy console for retro gaming and had a crack at Micro Machines 2 (fuck me, I forgot how difficult it was), Turtles in Time and the Battletoads/Double Dragon team up. 

0 is a prequel to the first one so it's a perfect starting point, and 1 and 2's remakes are also available for the PS4 i think.

Loved playing those kind of games on Mame32.

Edited by Berserker

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Shadow of War looks brilliant 

Considering how fawesome Shadow of Modor was I can only imagine good things for this title.

To turn the topic a bit here, are there a lot of XBox owners on here? I wanted to ask what the exclusives are that they are looking forward to this year? So far, I don't see M$ doing anything that's truly exclusive out there but then again their strength has never been anything exclusive but their online play that I have ever thought is a console-must-buy. The reason I ask this is because Project Scoprio is not far away now and while that is the case nothing that M$ has put out in press-releases screams anything less than lack-lustre. On the flip-side you've got titles in Sony's hands for the start of the year and then some. Think they have a GOTY contender already in Horizon and that new Android-Human game, name eludes me and I don't want to Google it, that is coming out soon as well.

Edited by Mel81x

Just finished 'Sniper Elite 4' and it goes to the top of my list of best games. I like the stealth genre and have to say that SE3 and SEv2 were my favorites but SE4 is on awhole new level.

Just picked up 'Wolfenstein The New Order' again after starting it ages ago and not finishing it. Not sure how far i will get as Styx 2 is out on Tuesday :) 

Forza Horizon 3 inbetween when i just feel like a blast around...

Resident Evil 7 and FIFA 17. I haven't played them in a while although I'll be getting back on Resident Evil this weekend.

One of the scariest games I've played. I can usually run through any game although this game is genuinely terrifying at points.

• Subscriber

Got a chance to play Breath of the Wild on my travel home this weekend past and its actually a very fun game and the world provides so many little oddities that I find myself just experimenting instead of playing the big quest. Have to say the new Switch is a well crafted console but I am still getting a little used to the fact that the controls are a little further apart than I'd have like them to be (that bezel really wasn't totally necessary). If you've got big fingers avoid this console hybrid at all costs because I can imagine someone having a really hard time hitting the buttons and using the little +/- buttons at the top.

• Subscriber

Esports 'set for £1bn revenue and 600 million audiences by 2020'

https://www.bbc.com/sport/39119995

With the way its grown over the years its no surprise how much money its generating and how much of an audience its going to garner in the coming years. I can even see new players in the market from a hardware perspective as I think companies that provide peripherals are starting to stagnate a bit.