talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

Just moved to Act III on Ghost of Tsushima. Still really enjoying it and excited to see how it all unfolds - will probably try and get as many collectables as I can too, both because of how much I'm enjoying it and also because I don't know what to move onto next.

11 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone heard of a game called The Order: 1886? Have brought it but not yet played it. Am currently playing Unchartered, lost treasures. 

The Order : 1886, for a game which came out in 2015, the graphics are out of this world.

I haven't played it, but basically everyone said that the graphics were outstanding but the rest of the game was a bit shit. There are two boss battles which are both QTE's with the second battle being a copy/paste of the first. 

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been playing MS Flight Simulator, I’ve always liked these games but been extra shit at them (especially the WW2 themed MS Combat Simulator, where I didn’t have to just worry about crashing but also people were trying to shoot me down).

They're great fun, I usually start off shit, then get a bit more comfortable once I’m in the air… then I’ll forget something and somehow lose control of the plane and either scramble to save myself or end up crashing.

It’s definitely cool that I can do this rather than attempt it in an actual airplane and kill myself on accident. These games have also definitely taught me that I shouldn’t fly an airplane.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ve been playing MS Flight Simulator, I’ve always liked these games but been extra shit at them (especially the WW2 themed MS Combat Simulator, where I didn’t have to just worry about crashing but also people were trying to shoot me down).

They're great fun, I usually start off shit, then get a bit more comfortable once I’m in the air… then I’ll forget something and somehow lose control of the plane and either scramble to save myself or end up crashing.

It’s definitely cool that I can do this rather than attempt it in an actual airplane and kill myself on accident. These games have also definitely taught me that I shouldn’t fly an airplane.

I used to play Flight Simulator as a kid. Always tried crashing into the Eiffel Tower or the Colosseum in Rome. Granted that was pre 9/11. 😬

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I used to play Flight Simulator as a kid. Always tried crashing into the Eiffel Tower or the Colosseum in Rome. Granted that was pre 9/11. 😬

On the new one I’ve crashed into every place I’ve ever lived.

It’s kind of scary though how accurately they’ve made the world

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

On the new one I’ve crashed into every place I’ve ever lived.

It’s kind of scary though how accurately they’ve made the world

I need to get that new version. 

What do you play with? Just a normal controller? Mouse? I remember as a kid I used to have a proper joystick where you could configure most of the airplane controls on. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

I need to get that new version. 

What do you play with? Just a normal controller? Mouse? I remember as a kid I used to have a proper joystick where you could configure most of the airplane controls on. 

Yeah just a controller, I’m playing it on a console though with super idiot mode turned on.

If I had a PC that could handle the game (which tbh, idk if mine can or not - I doubt it though), I’d probably use a joystick like I did when I was a kid.

• Upvote 1

I started playing The Ascent with a friend the other night because it was on gamepass and was new and lately I've been really bored of the traditional games I've been playing.

We barely got into it, tbh, but what little we played I thought was really good. The dialogue is actually hilarious and I wasn't expecting that, so I'm pretty pleased with that. Lots of dick jokes and pee pee poo poo humour, which I always appreciate.

6 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I created a god damn twitter account so I could share this. This game is god damn amazing.

E8ABWkeVEAQFiiW?format=jpg&name=large

That is stunning, mate. :o 

Anyway, currently playing Battlefield 1. I always wanted to play it, as I thought the World War I setting is something different for a change. Then a few days ago I got a free key from an acquaintance. Played it a bit last night, and the story mode is fucking awesome. :o 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I created a god damn twitter account so I could share this. This game is god damn amazing.

E8ABWkeVEAQFiiW?format=jpg&name=large

What game is that? 

For me, I'm finishing off the main game of Mario 3D World (the final world, despite not having a lot of levels, is a twat) before doing Bowser's Fury. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

What game is that? 

For me, I'm finishing off the main game of Mario 3D World (the final world, despite not having a lot of levels, is a twat) before doing Bowser's Fury. 

Ghosts of Tsushima. Highly recommend!

On 05/08/2021 at 04:05, Tommy said:

That is stunning, mate. :o 

Anyway, currently playing Battlefield 1. I always wanted to play it, as I thought the World War I setting is something different for a change. Then a few days ago I got a free key from an acquaintance. Played it a bit last night, and the story mode is fucking awesome. :o 

That games' weird because there's barely any trench warfare in it xD - it's a good game, but it's not the best at making a "faithful" WW1 setting. It feels like a WW2 game with WW1 skins. I do remember the story mode being very enjoyable, even though it's really short... but tbh, Battlefield you mostly play for multiplayer and sometimes singleplayer's been sort of an afterthought for them. I think I prefer the little stories.

I never played the Battlefield that came out after it, that was a return to WW2... but my friends I play Battlefield games with played it and said it was pretty bad. So going into Battlefield 1 for that sort of gameplay isn't the worst option. I played the shit out of that game and I loved it.

I'm still playing The Ascent with a few of my friends, and I've got to say it's a very enjoyable co-op game. It feels a lot like Diablo, because there's loot and because of the top-down view - but it's got it's own feel to it (and it's very pretty). Speaking of Diablo, I'm looking forward to Diablo 2's remaster coming out - that was probably one of my favourite games of all time. I dunno if I have the time to play it like I used to (I'm not sure I ever beat Diablo 3 actually because that was when I was sort of getting my career started and I remember buying the game and playing it for a few months... but I can't say that I remember too much about it).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That games' weird because there's barely any trench warfare in it xD - it's a good game, but it's not the best at making a "faithful" WW1 setting. It feels like a WW2 game with WW1 skins. I do remember the story mode being very enjoyable, even though it's really short... but tbh, Battlefield you mostly play for multiplayer and sometimes singleplayer's been sort of an afterthought for them. I think I prefer the little stories.

I never played the Battlefield that came out after it, that was a return to WW2... but my friends I play Battlefield games with played it and said it was pretty bad. So going into Battlefield 1 for that sort of gameplay isn't the worst option. I played the shit out of that game and I loved it.

My favourite Battlefield will always be Battlefield 1942. It just had a unique feeling about it. It was nothing like I've ever seen before (especially in Multiplayer), and never brought me so much joy in terms of gaming. Battlefield Vietnam was pretty close though. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tommy said:

My favourite Battlefield will always be Battlefield 1942. It just had a unique feeling about it. It was nothing like I've ever seen before (especially in Multiplayer), and never brought me so much joy in terms of gaming. Battlefield Vietnam was pretty close though. 

Those 2 were the best ones.

My brother and I were such awful trolls in Battlefield Vietnam, I bet people hated playing with us xD - hilarious times though, especially with that one helicopter that could pick up tanks & boats.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Those 2 were the best ones.

My brother and I were such awful trolls in Battlefield Vietnam, I bet people hated playing with us xD - hilarious times though, especially with that one helicopter that could pick up tanks & boats.

There were so many assholes. People teamkilling you so they could get a plane instead of you. Just thinking of that brings back old rage that I didn't even know was still there. xD

• Haha 1

Just now, Tommy said:

There were so many assholes. People teamkilling you so they could get a plane instead of you. Just thinking of that brings back old rage that I didn't even know was still there. xD

If anyone ever teamkilled me to take a tank, there's a good chance I flew over them with a helicopter, picked their tank up, and dropped them into some water or onto somewhere that made it a pain in the arse to be in a tank.

But there's also a good chance that I did that to anyone for no good reason other than me being an idiot that thought doing that to people was the funniest fucking thing ever.

Also spawn camping the other team, putting mines inside their helicopters, running out and hiding to watch them get into the helicopters was a lot of fun.

• Haha 1

Started getting back into Among Us lately. I've actually been the Imposter more in the last couple days then I was the whole time I played it last year. 

Other than that just Football Manager. I want to play more games, but get bored easy.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If anyone ever teamkilled me to take a tank, there's a good chance I flew over them with a helicopter, picked their tank up, and dropped them into some water or onto somewhere that made it a pain in the arse to be in a tank.

But there's also a good chance that I did that to anyone for no good reason other than me being an idiot that thought doing that to people was the funniest fucking thing ever.

Also spawn camping the other team, putting mines inside their helicopters, running out and hiding to watch them get into the helicopters was a lot of fun.

Ah yes, I remember all of that. xD

I also remember playing with two friends from school, and we always trolled one. Like getting him into a plane with us, then jumping out without telling him. He always panic parachuted in the last second and died almost every time. Or just jumping out of the jeep heading for the ocean while he was still on the passenger seat. Fun times. xD

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Started getting back into Among Us lately. I've actually been the Imposter more in the last couple days then I was the whole time I played it last year. 

Other than that just Football Manager. I want to play more games, but get bored easy.

If you like Among Us... the next time we've got a new mafia game going in the games part of the forum, you should definitely give that a try. It's a bit like "old school Among Us" - it's very fun though.

• Like 1

Really stuck on a mission in Battlefield 1. There's this one mission where you have to steal spark plugs for your tank from the Germans. And you have to be rather sneaky. But instead of getting the shovel out to quietly kill a German soldier, I keep throwing a grenade by accident and alert the whole fucking town. xD

• Haha 1