talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

On 07/08/2021 at 13:57, Tommy said:

Really stuck on a mission in Battlefield 1. There's this one mission where you have to steal spark plugs for your tank from the Germans. And you have to be rather sneaky. But instead of getting the shovel out to quietly kill a German soldier, I keep throwing a grenade by accident and alert the whole fucking town. xD

As a fan of stealth games, I quite enjoyed that mission. There's a lot of decent stealth moments in the "stories" part of that game... that don't really translate well to the multiplayer at all though xD

I've made some decent progress in The Ascent and I've got to say, while it's not a perfect game and there's a few flaws (there was an awful bug that had to be patched this morning)... I think it's a very enjoyable game. It's like a weird hybrid of Diablo & Gears of War, but it just makes for a fantastically addictive little game.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 10/08/2021 at 02:18, Viva la FCB said:

Took another good'er. I was really impressed with the visuals from rdr2 and horizon but this game i actually drop my jaw at times. Blows them all outta the water visually.

E8Uk3O7VgAIARKS?format=jpg&name=large

E8Uk9psUYAA95UM?format=jpg&name=large

It really does a good job of making you stop and appreciate the scenery every now and then. And then there's the fact that they've got so many different environments that you aren't left with the same kind of backdrop as you traverse through Japan.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

It really does a good job of making you stop and appreciate the scenery every now and then. And then there's the fact that they've got so many different environments that you aren't left with the same kind of backdrop as you traverse through Japan.

Absolutely. I think that's what surprised me the most; every state for lack of a better word within the three sections of the map feel and look vastly different. I love it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Random question but has anyone played Cities Skylines at all? 

When I get a new laptop, I'm tempted to get it via Steam. 

Yea, I've played it a bit. It's pretty great. Played it on my old PC though, which was a potato, so it didn't run very well. It can get frustrating when you finally manage to build a big city, and the traffic clusters up like fuck. But I guess it's a realistic side of the game. Still annoyed me though. Then I stopped playing when I couldn't fix it. Might give it another go some time. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Done Ghost of Tsushima. I dont know where I rate it exactly but definitely one of the best couple single player games Ive played. The story and world is immense, I loved it. PS4 had a real strong bunch of games to send it off into the sunset. 

Not sure what Im moving onto but probably play some more of my rdr2 second playthrough for now. Ill take a bit of a break before starting the next massive world in Horizon. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

27 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Done Ghost of Tsushima. I dont know where I rate it exactly but definitely one of the best couple single player games Ive played. The story and world is immense, I loved it. PS4 had a real strong bunch of games to send it off into the sunset. 

8/10 for me. I 100% it and loved it. 

The story IMO was a bit bland (felt like it didn't end up going anywhere, and would have liked a more meaningful ending). Plus another point off as some of the side missions felt a little tacked on, most didn't actually do enough for me. 

Visuals, gameplay, acting, world etc were outstanding though. Beautiful in 4K too, some lovely bits to it.

I'm taking a break from it, but will go back for the DLC, Iki Island which was released last week.

Edited by Whiskey
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

8/10 for me. I 100% it and loved it. 

The story IMO was a bit bland (felt like it didn't end up going anywhere, and would have liked a more meaningful ending). Plus another point off as some of the side missions felt a little tacked on, most didn't actually do enough for me. 

Visuals, gameplay, acting, world etc were outstanding though. Beautiful in 4K too, some lovely bits to it.

I'm taking a break from it, but will go back for the DLC, Iki Island which was released last week.

I forgot about the dlc Ill have to check that out. I do agree on the side missions, the main couple I thought where pretty well done but others felt rushed and not so impactful. I thought the ending was perfect personally; You get the satisfaction of dealing with the main protagonist but you also deal with the underlying issue of basically what Japan ultimately goes through itself. Fighting tradition vs modernization. I love how you get the choice in the end too and I dont necessarily think there is a wrong choice either way. 

11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I forgot about the dlc Ill have to check that out. I do agree on the side missions, the main couple I thought where pretty well done but others felt rushed and not so impactful. I thought the ending was perfect personally; You get the satisfaction of dealing with the main protagonist but you also deal with the underlying issue of basically what Japan ultimately goes through itself. Fighting tradition vs modernization. I love how you get the choice in the end too and I dont necessarily think there is a wrong choice either way. 

Out of interest, what did you do? 

I spared him, in the hope that he may one day understand and be at peace with Jin's reasoning

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Out of interest, what did you do? 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I did the same.

I agree with you, you tend to hope one day he understands what Jhin went through to save Tsushima and ultimately that he had to do it. He literally gave up everything and there is no satisfaction in killing your family. Either way Jhin has to live out his days as a ghost being hunted by his Uncle and or the Shogun. [/quote]

I'm in a bit of a roadblock at present. 

Completed Mario 3D World as much as I want (the final world is an absolute twat, even with just three stages) but I'm due to start a uni course in a couple of weeks and will more than likely see my time limited, so not sure what to really start now. 

I have got Steam going on my laptop and have put Two Point Hospital, Cities Skylines and We Are Football at least on the wishlist, so have options via that route now. 

• Subscriber

Would not have a clue about this game but the wife has just bought this for wee Kaiden's Birthday coming up in a couple of weeks time, we had a fair idea that he loved this character with Super Mario next  as he is always playing the games around here when visiting or on a sleepover, cost £40 odd's but who gives a fuck, it's his Birthday.

download.png

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Would not have a clue about this game but the wife has just bought this for wee Kaiden's Birthday coming up in a couple of weeks time, we had a fair idea that he loved this character with Super Mario next  as he is always playing the games around here when visiting or on a sleepover, cost £40 odd's but who gives a fuck, it's his Birthday.

download.png

I've never played Majora's Mask on the N64 or 3DS, but it's meant to be superb and one of the N64's best. You done well there. :91_thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

On 08/09/2021 at 06:03, CaaC (John) said:

download.png

One of my favourite games ever from my childhood!

That’s an excellent present! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Never played any of them in all honesty. 

They’re not for everyone… but my aunt got me a copy of Diablo in 1999 or something and I got thoroughly addicted to the series.

Diablo 2 is probably the game I played the most as a kid. I’m excited for the remaster but I’m also worried that I’ll spend way too much time playing it.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They’re not for everyone… but my aunt got me a copy of Diablo in 1999 or something and I got thoroughly addicted to the series.

Diablo 2 is probably the game I played the most as a kid. I’m excited for the remaster but I’m also worried that I’ll spend way too much time playing it.

I've heard the series is meant to be good in general, but it's never looked the type of game I'd be interested in. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did any of you like the Diablo games? Is anyone interested in the Diablo 2 remaster?

Diablo was one of the first games I played on PC, along with Quake! Not exactly my type of games really, but I loved it back then 😅

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've heard the series is meant to be good in general, but it's never looked the type of game I'd be interested in. 

Yeah like I said, they’re not for everyone. I think the story in them is honestly kind of secondary to the endgame farming runs in them - I think it’s a very love it/hate it type of game.

I think a lot of Blizzard games are like that tbh. Where people either love the genre/gameplay and others can’t get into them at all. I say this as a massive Starcraft/Diablo fan… but I could never get into Overwatch or WoW

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Diablo was one of the first games I played on PC, along with Quake! Not exactly my type of games really, but I loved it back then 😅

The first one? I remember being so confused by the game because it was t really like anything I had ever played before. But I thought it was brilliant. The second one is absolutely massive in scale compared to the original though. The latest one was still good imo, but sort of like a shit version of #2

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The first one? I remember being so confused by the game because it was t really like anything I had ever played before. But I thought it was brilliant. The second one is absolutely massive in scale compared to the original though. The latest one was still good imo, but sort of like a shit version of #2

Yep, the first one! And I agree, it wasn't like anything else I've ever played before. The atmosphere, in particular, was something else. So scary. Also, fucking ghouls, still hate them 😂

46 minutes ago, nudge said:

My old man used to work in a cash and carry warehouse in the 90's and they had PC's to buy. The game they had on one of them?

Doom.

Little 8 year old me was happily playing on it every time I went in. :D

44 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah like I said, they’re not for everyone. I think the story in them is honestly kind of secondary to the endgame farming runs in them - I think it’s a very love it/hate it type of game.

I think a lot of Blizzard games are like that tbh. Where people either love the genre/gameplay and others can’t get into them at all. I say this as a massive Starcraft/Diablo fan… but I could never get into Overwatch or WoW

Tbf, I really liked Starcraft (the original and expansion at least. Never played the sequel). Will never play online again mind as I tried a couple and got absolutely ripped apart. :(

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

My old man used to work in a cash and carry warehouse in the 90's and they had PC's to buy. The game they had on one of them?

Doom.

Little 8 year old me was happily playing on it every time I went in. :D

Ohhhh I completely forgot about Doom! :D I loved it too!