talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
On 11/09/2021 at 21:39, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tbf, I really liked Starcraft (the original and expansion at least. Never played the sequel). Will never play online again mind as I tried a couple and got absolutely ripped apart. :(

The original Starcraft is definitely up there with some of the best games I have ever played. Online mode is a mess these days and its really pointless unless you're playing with friends.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

what kind of character build are you using?

Necromancer, kind of poison/summoner hybrid for now (although most of my points in summoning skills are from gear except for 1 point I put in Clay Gollum).

They’ve added respeccing in the game so I’ll probably respec into something more optimal right now, but for the first play through on normal… I’m just trying to have something balanced for solo/grouping up while I enjoy rediscovering the game.

I’m glad they’ve added that because I remember 20 years ago if you’d fucked up you would need to make a new character xD

I’ll probably make a Druid next cos I never had the expansion so I’ve always wanted to play as him.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 25/09/2021 at 09:05, Dr. Gonzo said:

20 years ago I was a Diablo 2 addict and that has now returned. I fucking love this game

I did play the open beta but I havent picked it up yet. I love that you can toggle back and forth between the remastered and see how bad the original looks now xD anyways yeah im not in a hurry to pick up but I definitely will. The nostalgia was off the charts even just playing for a couple hours during the beta. 

44 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I did play the open beta but I havent picked it up yet. I love that you can toggle back and forth between the remastered and see how bad the original looks now xD anyways yeah im not in a hurry to pick up but I definitely will. The nostalgia was off the charts even just playing for a couple hours during the beta. 

The craziest thing about being able to toggle back and forth is... playing the remaster (where they've actually done an absolute shitload to remaster the game), it looks how I remember Diablo 2 looking in my head when I think back about playing it.

Then I toggle on "old school graphics mode" and xD it's mental how my brain had like given Diablo 2 some HD memories considering how absolutely dogshit the graphics were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The craziest thing about being able to toggle back and forth is... playing the remaster (where they've actually done an absolute shitload to remaster the game), it looks how I remember Diablo 2 looking in my head when I think back about playing it.

Then I toggle on "old school graphics mode" and xD it's mental how my brain had like given Diablo 2 some HD memories considering how absolutely dogshit the graphics were.

EXACTLY! xD Cus the old version looks so god damn bad its hard to imagine we ever played like that. 

• Subscriber
On 25/09/2021 at 15:59, Mel81x said:

https://playdeathsdoor.com/

Started playing this today. Its super fun and a nice dungeon-crawler.

Took my time and finished this and I think its one of the best Action-RPG games I played this year. Simple mechanics, good music and best of all its cheap on steam right now. Now I move onto Metroid Dread.

• Upvote 1

On 09/10/2021 at 02:07, Mel81x said:

Took my time and finished this and I think its one of the best Action-RPG games I played this year. Simple mechanics, good music and best of all its cheap on steam right now. Now I move onto Metroid Dread.

I just bought Metroid Dread last night. I haven't put the cartridge in my Switch yet because I think I was too drunk to play last night xD but I'm looking forward to it.

I was never really a big fan of the Metroid Prime games... I wanted my Metroid to be more "old school" so I'm looking forward to playing this one - it looks like the Metroid I've wanted for decades.

• Upvote 1

Haven't started anything new since I finished Mario 3D World as I've not long started part-time uni. I'll have to try and fit something in somewhere, though not sure what just yet as I have a few in the back catalogue to play, but also wanting to get Yakuza 7 and Lost Judgement at some point. 

Also, December sees the Advance Wars remakes come out as well. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just bought Metroid Dread last night. I haven't put the cartridge in my Switch yet because I think I was too drunk to play last night xD but I'm looking forward to it.

I was never really a big fan of the Metroid Prime games... I wanted my Metroid to be more "old school" so I'm looking forward to playing this one - it looks like the Metroid I've wanted for decades.

Thought the Prime games were actually quite good especially the second one although I do agree that whenever I think of a Metroid game I always think of a side-scroll platformer which this is. This makes me wonder if Nintendo has plans for an F-Zero for the Switch.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Thought the Prime games were actually quite good especially the second one although I do agree that whenever I think of a Metroid game I always think of a side-scroll platformer which this is. This makes me wonder if Nintendo has plans for an F-Zero for the Switch.

F-Zero for the switch would be so cool

Played Life is Strange: True Colors and its Wavelengths DLC.

The story had some 'eh' moments, but overall I think it was very well done, and engaging throughout. The game itself also looks super gorgeous. That record store in particular just feels so damn real it's uncanny. While some moments of Wavelengths made me raise my eyebrows (the political kowtowing was too much at times even by this series' standards), the gameplay is so innovative and unique. I mean, it's still an 'interactive movie' style game at the end of the day, but the concept of running a radio station/record store made it feel like nothing I've ever played. Also, the soundtrack and sound design is obscenely good. No one does it better. That said, Wavelenghts might not be as interesting if you have never played the older games. There's a bit of fan service there.

Overall, I'm glad that they put this series in the hands of Deck Nine, instead of Dontnod (the developer that came up with the series). I already thought Before the Storm (LiS1 prequel developed by Deck Nine) was better than the game it was a prequel to, and Dontnod's Life is Strange 2 really was a swing and a miss and easily the worst game in the series.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Thinking of picking up Deathloop today. From what I have seen it looks very interesting mechanics-wise but my only hesitation with games like these just like when i bought GhostRunner is that the gimmick wears off soon.

Has anyone on here tried it?

Edited by Mel81x

On 11/10/2021 at 22:15, Mel81x said:

On 11/10/2021 at 22:41, Dr. Gonzo said:

F-Zero for the switch would be so cool

When my boys got the Switch last Christmas  I signed them up for the Nintendo monthly sub to play the old NES and Super NES games.  I remember playing F-Zero for hours with a buddy years ago.  I hyped it up to my youngest and then jumped on to play it with him.  He watched me race a couple laps and got up and left the room.  I seem to recall that game being much better... it was lame as fuck 😂.

The SNES F-Zero was only really fun as a proof of concept, but the game has aged terribly.

F-Zero X was where it truly started for me, but F-Zero GX was the pinnacle. One of the best games of its generation.

That said, I remember waiting for a new F-Zero game back in the Wii days, so I'm certainly not having my hopes up.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Well Nintendo don't have any immediate plans for an F-Zero because I think they pushed the last one on the GC and that was quite good. While I'd like to think they'd do something for the Switch because of the sheer fact of its portability I can't see them touching it unless they can do something super innovative. Mario Kart will be what we get for a while.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I started playing Far Cry 6 last night.

So far, it seems miles better than Far Cry 5 - which I think was the first game of the series (I started with Far Cry 3) that I'd played that I feel like I didn't enjoy all that much.

It’s a Far Cry from the franchise it used to be.

:ph34r:

• Haha 2