talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber

Took a break from Elden Ring to play the new TMNT game and have to say its very good. The dev team that did this also did Streets of Rage so its no surprise they've got some of the elements in that made that a great release. Finding folks to play co-op would make this even more fun. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Took a break from Elden Ring to play the new TMNT game and have to say its very good. The dev team that did this also did Streets of Rage so its no surprise they've got some of the elements in that made that a great release. Finding folks to play co-op would make this even more fun. 

I've heard good things about it and as a fan of the original cartoons, I'll be getting this at some point. Probably once my final assignment is done 

What platform have you got it on?

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've heard good things about it and as a fan of the original cartoons, I'll be getting this at some point. Probably once my final assignment is done 

What platform have you got it on?

Got it on PC. Lent my Switch to my sister for a bit to finish Luigi's Mansion

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Ah ok. Could have teamed up at some point if we were on the same platform. :(

Thats okay shes getting it for the Switch so we still can :)

I really wish dev-shops would start thinking more about cross-play to give customers the opportunity to play with friends.

Edited by Mel81x

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Thats okay shes getting it for the Switch so we still can :)

I really wish dev-shops would start thinking more about cross-play to give customers the opportunity to play with friends.

Tbf, it's professed a tiny bit, but it is a tad stupid that you can't play across different platforms for all multiplatform games now. Sony seems to be the big blocker based on the likes of Fortnite.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tbf, it's professed a tiny bit, but it is a tad stupid that you can't play across different platforms for all multiplatform games now. Sony seems to be the big blocker based on the likes of Fortnite.

I think there are challenges like Nintendo having a pro ecosystem for network play across Asia, etc but I still think game-devs can overcome it. Someone wrote Net-Code for Rollbacks this cannot be as complicated. 

And yeah Sony loves DRM and cross-function shutdown more than Nintendo does.

Edited by Mel81x

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

From what I've read, it's meant to be good overall and its multiplayer is similar to Dead by Daylight.

I haven't read too much into it, so not sure if the game becomes a bit repetitive over time.

I was hoping there a story mode.

Crash Bandicoot 4

This game is unnecessarily difficult/punishing and not in a rewarding way. Each level is two or three times the length of the original trilogy, and have an unreasonable amount of boxes and hidden boxes. If you play Crash like me, you enjoy getting all the boxes and gems, but this game makes it a chore. Who wants to do 15+ minute levels multiple times? 

Some levels have trick jumps or manoeuvres that require Super Meatboy levels of speed and precision, but Super Meatboy has 15 second levels and a reload time of less than a second. This doesn’t, it’s agonising.

not good/10

• Upvote 1

On 05/07/2022 at 23:31, Aladdin said:

On Playlist

Mafia War Definitive edition

A Plague Tale: Innocence

Completed it. Great game, it's AA title so considering that it was very well designed, stealth was challenging but beatable 10/10. Recommended

7 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Completed it. Great game, it's AA title so considering that it was very well designed, stealth was challenging but beatable 10/10. Recommended

Story is set during the hundred years war about a girl and his little brother who suffers from a mysterious illness during the babonic plague. Inquisition wants the boy because he's special.

Edited by Aladdin

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Crash Bandicoot 4

This game is unnecessarily difficult/punishing and not in a rewarding way. Each level is two or three times the length of the original trilogy, and have an unreasonable amount of boxes and hidden boxes. If you play Crash like me, you enjoy getting all the boxes and gems, but this game makes it a chore. Who wants to do 15+ minute levels multiple times? 

Some levels have trick jumps or manoeuvres that require Super Meatboy levels of speed and precision, but Super Meatboy has 15 second levels and a reload time of less than a second. This doesn’t, it’s agonising.

not good/10

Yeah, I agree with that. If you just want to go from A to B, it's pretty good in fairness. However, it's as if Toys for Bob just chucked in a ton of unnecessary shit just to extend the game (having six gems per level, flashback tapes, hidden boxes as you said, medals for covering all six gem requirements without dying, doing the whole game again with extra effects etc).

Just seems completely unnecessary really.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

My assignment is more or less complete. Need to do the usual checks before submitting it. Hopefully tomorrow.

After that, it'll be a choice between Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Arceus, Metroid Dread, Yakuza Like a Dragon or buy Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.

Take a trip with Metroid Dread is my recommendation. It's not terribly challenging in terms of difficulty but it can get hard the more things you try and do to complete it.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Take a trip with Metroid Dread is my recommendation. It's not terribly challenging in terms of difficulty but it can get hard the more things you try and do to complete it.

Yeah I might do that. I really liked Fusion and Zero Mission (never played Super Metroid though) and it follows on from Fusion as well, so might play that next.

reinstalled fallout 4, the greatest game Bethesda made to be made better by modders who are still doing it today.

fallout horizon is the absolute necessity mod, it is a complete mechanics overhaul to make the game far more immersive and you feel the rewards of progress.

heading to pickmans gallery for his knife which caused bleed damage which no enemy is resistant to.   when I reach 140 science I can reverse engineer the blade to put that onto guns and melt anything.    

the 100s of new features horizon gives is pivotal to a true experience from RADs actually being deadly and the ability to heal it is limited to doctors or advancing survivalist or chemist and medic skills high enough to make anti rad meds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2022 at 03:48, Mel81x said:

On 19/07/2022 at 08:25, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah I might do that. I really liked Fusion and Zero Mission (never played Super Metroid though) and it follows on from Fusion as well, so might play that next.

And that is exactly what I've done @Mel81x. Liking it a lot so far, though haven't progressed too far at present. Those E.M.M.I's are an absolute twat.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

And that is exactly what I've done @Mel81x. Liking it a lot so far, though haven't progressed too far at present. Those E.M.M.I's are an absolute twat.

Me and @Dr. Gonzo thought it was fantastic last year and the music is really quite the pace-setter especially in the early parts. You playing it on that new OLED Switch or the older one? From what I hear it looks great with the new colors on the newer one.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Me and @Dr. Gonzo thought it was fantastic last year and the music is really quite the pace-setter especially in the early parts. You playing it on that new OLED Switch or the older one? From what I hear it looks great with the new colors on the newer one.

Older one. Had it since the end of 2017 and I'm not paying £300 or so for shinier graphics.

Still looks good on it mind.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Older one. Had it since the end of 2017 and I'm not paying £300 or so for shinier graphics.

Still looks good on it mind.

Oh I agree it looks and plays really well. I was just curious because someone I know has one and they said they liked that they took the time to do the sprites to pop. 

I have finally also got my PS5 back so I shall be tackling some titles there hopefully mid month once I put Elden Ring to bed.

• Upvote 1

been hit by the fallout bug, last year it was New Vegas, this year it was Fallout 4.   

I am in the "it is better than the generic opinion of it but I acknowledge that some things are just to quirky"

I do use the fallout 4 horizon 1.8.7 overhaul mod which changes the game a lot and in my opinion it's for the better.

my laptop is oldish so I am forced to sacrifice visuals for cut down on quality, performout is a great mod that helps on lesser machines.   it compresses the games textures which are either 2048x2048 or 4086x4086 down to as low as 256x256 for obsolete things and 1024x1024 for generic items.   the mod reduces the game folder from 30gb to 7gb and it is compatible with player model texture buffs like CBBE or EVB.  why waste performance on irrelevant things.