talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

8XIC5PQ.png

Fallout 4 Horizon at its best,  I am Level 31 and already stalked by one of these.  In vanilla fallout this would normally only be seen by level 65 and a nightmare.    Horizon rebalances the game so even at 31 the enemy is still adaptive in difficulty to ensure it isnt impossible to kill,  also the size is still smaller than vanilla,  but they get bigger the higher up the type they are ie:  Radscorpion is tiny,  the hunter is a bit bigger,  the stalker can cloak itself,  the albino is the odd one out, and the Predator and Deathskull are the two hardest with greatest resistance to ballistic, radiation and energy weapons.   

I did encounter a Mythic Deathclaw first at level 15,  normally thats a level 90 enemy.  

Legendary enemies are still in the game but can be any level,  but the real "legendaries" are any enemy with Mutated prefix,  when you deal enough damage they mutate and their life pool refills and become a lot harder,  they also have great loot which includes mutated parts for crafting materials for guns, armor etc and may also have a gun with a legendary prefix that you can reverse engineer at your science station to build your own legendary weapons that will require special metals and mutant parts.

Anyways,  Fallout 4 radscorpions are a bitch,  i do have high perception skills and hunter skills so I get the [sneak indicator] even when not sneaking to warn me if i am being detected.    Radscorpions take some time to come up but you know it is coming.   Vanilla Fallout 4 makes it easy,  by the time you see these types of scorpies,  you can be deep into a OP melee build that can one hit them,  fallout horizon doesn't work like that anymore and if they sting you,  you get lathargy,  poison and radiation effects,  pretty much a bad bad baby which you can't stimpak heal,  you need specific cures that are expensive to make or to go to a doctor,  without fast travel thats a problem. 

• Subscriber

I gave Stray a run today morning and its quite the interesting game. I feel like the cat mechanics had to be the way they are just because you know it would turn into a nightmare for players getting stuck in the city if it was a free-form game but overall its quite a nice story.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 09/08/2022 at 23:39, Viva la FCB said:

I actually gave in and bought Untitled Goose Game in a steam sale about a year ago and finally got around to playing it. Pretty fun and overall worth the 10 ish bucks. 

I played it earlier in the year and its quite fun. I quite liked annoying the people in the game haha.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Started playing Witcher 3 again for the 3rd attempt. I got my steam deck so this time I think ill actually go through it and it just take my time. It was one of the first games I tried when I got my PS4 and I attempted it again maybe a couple years ago, funny enough I stopped right around the exact same point both times. The game is interesting enough I just couldnt get passed the dire combat mechanics. After reading the first book and moving onto the second combined with playing here and there on the deck I think I can give it a good go.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 29/08/2022 at 19:08, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Took a while but finally finished Metroid Dread. Very good overall. Those E.M.M.I's are a bloody nightmare mind.

i found some of the boss variations more annoying that the EMMIs personally. Did you manage to get everything?

• Subscriber
On 29/08/2022 at 22:11, Viva la FCB said:

Started playing Witcher 3 again for the 3rd attempt. I got my steam deck so this time I think ill actually go through it and it just take my time. It was one of the first games I tried when I got my PS4 and I attempted it again maybe a couple years ago, funny enough I stopped right around the exact same point both times. The game is interesting enough I just couldnt get passed the dire combat mechanics. After reading the first book and moving onto the second combined with playing here and there on the deck I think I can give it a good go.

Hows the Steam Deck?

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Hows the Steam Deck?

Awesome so far. No problem loading up anything I've tried so far and it runs fairly seamless. I havent done the dual boot and tried any epic game store yet though. Only complaint so far would be the battery life isnt the greatest when running some of these games. Im definitely looking at picking up a good power bank for any traveling with it. Witcher 3 for example drained the battery in probably about an hour and a half ish. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Awesome so far. No problem loading up anything I've tried so far and it runs fairly seamless. I havent done the dual boot and tried any epic game store yet though. Only complaint so far would be the battery life isnt the greatest when running some of these games. Im definitely looking at picking up a good power bank for any traveling with it. Witcher 3 for example drained the battery in probably about an hour and a half ish. 

That's not too bad honestly considering the graphics used in the game but I figured they'd have it around the 3hr mark. Maybe that's the next edition. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

That's not too bad honestly considering the graphics used in the game but I figured they'd have it around the 3hr mark. Maybe that's the next edition. 

Yeah thats kinda what I figured. With a good pack should be able to get around 3 hours out of it and that'll do. Im mostly gonna be using it around the house anyways I figure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

i found some of the boss variations more annoying that the EMMIs personally. Did you manage to get everything?

No chance. xD

Think I got nearly half of the items available overall. Could have done more but want to try and play as much as possible before I start uni again.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

testing out a few new mods for fallout 4.   fallout 4 may not have been stellar as a stand alone but the game engine is extremely flexible and the nodding community still produce great mods that overhaul the lazy approach of Bethesda.

side aim framework is a private mod not on nexus, that allows for centered iron sights in conjuction to scopes.  perfectly implemented.

realistic headshots, improves headshot location damage by recalculating damage v damage resistance.   but no more bullet sponging with faces.   certain enemies are exempted ie behemoths, deathclaws, mirelurk queens, hermit crabs, high level radscorpions, assaultrons etc

bullet counted reloads,  the game reload will always put the full mag reload for shotguns, lever actions and revolvers, BCR fixes this by reloading the exact number of bullets used.

nina better pipe weapons overhauls all pipe weapon textures making the functionally and aesthetically pleasing and not just a wood block with a tube and chicken wire.   they actually look like homemade weapons with great modifications.

metro gas masks/true storms/darker nights these three mods synergize well true storm let's you customise the wasteland storms and how hostile it is.  more radiation storms, more intense less visibility, higher rad damage including making the glowing sea far more dangerous than a cake walk, and feral ghoul hordes makes this a great quality of life mod.  metro gas masks just takes the metro 2033 style and imports it into fallout which had utterly worthless gas masks (10 rad resistance is laughable).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Finally installed and started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic after I've been meaning to do it for years... Only did the first mission to get the general feel, but find it really enjoyable so far... Will see how it develops, might well be worth a subscription...

• Upvote 2

Started to give Pokémon Arceus a go. I like what they've done in fairness and in a future game, you could incorporate some of this into the mainline games (throwing pokeballs instead of battling when you see wild Pokémon, the wild area being more vast, more Pokémon to populate it etc).

I haven't got too far into it yet, but already liking what I see.

I reinstalled FEAR. It's really incredible that a 17-year-old game can hold up so well. The AI/gunfights are still leagues above almost anything coming out today. Doesn't look half bad either. The one thing I do to make it more fun is to avoid using the bullet time mechanic as that makes the game too easy.

Also been playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands. In some parts it's incredible (scope, gunfights, presentation), but in other areas you have to deal with the typical Ubisoft approach consisting of copy+paste design with little depth, pointless microtransactions and the usual array of design oversights leading to a buggy/flawed experience. In other words, I'm glad I got it but I'm also glad I only paid 8 euros for it.

And beyond that I spend several evenings of the week playing PVP in Elder Scrolls Online. This patch I respecced to a healer and I seem to not suck at it.

Dont know if anyone remembers me saying I wanted to get an old copy of tekken 3 as mine is scratched. I've found a website I trust. I have a memory card and the game was completed. If I get a new copy will the game still be completed as it's in the memory card?

@nudge help me lol 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Dont know if anyone remembers me saying I wanted to get an old copy of tekken 3 as mine is scratched. I've found a website I trust. I have a memory card and the game was completed. If I get a new copy will the game still be completed as it's in the memory card?

@nudge help me lol 

If you have your saves in the memory card, then sure, it will work with the new copy of the game too.

• Upvote 1