talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 04:12, Cannabis said:

Been playing some more Sea of Thieves over the weekend. I really like it even though it's got some obvious flaws. I ended up with a crew of four people and did quite a lot of quests, we ended up piling our ship high with skulls and chests and as we were working as a team managed to pick off some of the smaller ships around the outposts stealing their loot and turning it in for ourselves.

One of the problems with the game that I have (and it might just be me) is that you can't really be a dick. What's more pirate-y that stealing a ship for example? We ended up pulling up to a port and I found that there was a large ship in dock (fit for four people) with all of it's crew on the shore playing some quests. I basically jumped off my ship, swam on-board and pulled up the anchor, stealing the ship and sailing away taking all their loot with it. Unfortunately, after getting in the clear and being in the middle of the ocean the crew just spawned back on their ship and killed me off. It kinda' killed the vibe that this is something that you can't do, I get that it can be annoying but in the real world this kinda' thing would happen. If you leave your ship empty with piles of treasure on board you should be prepared to lose it IMO. 

Also, not the devs fault but the lack of people using a microphone is frustrating. Playing with a ship of people that aren't speaking is boring as hell and if I end up in a game with people like this nowadays will stick around until they turn in their gold and get off. 

@Dr. Gonzo

Yeah, I've had a mixed experience with playing with some randoms. Some are really good, some are dogshit. I mostly play with people I hang out with all the time, and we're usually in a group of 4 so for us it's been excellent. And when we've had to bring in a random, it's been 50-50 if we're going to get someone who communicates or if we're going to get someone useless (that we then vote to the brig and tell to fuck off lol).

I agree, I was disappointed to learn that stealing a ship was something we couldn't really do. I also feel like the absence of merchants/fishing vessels means we can't do some vintage piracy on the high seas - when you see a ship, you'll know it's another pirate ship. NPC ships would have been very cool.

But I do steal loot from ships all the time, the method my friends and I do is keeping 2 people on the ship to fire cannons and keep the other pirates from hopping on board, then 2 people going on board the other ship, one to grab chests and one to drop the anchor and generally fuck with the other team. If anyone dies off the ship, when they respawn they'll rotate to the ship duties and someone on the ship will jump onto the ship (usually with a powder keg if we've got one) and try to swap a chest for a powder keg and sink the ship. By the time it goes down, you should have lifted a few of their chests. And if they've got a lot of them, they'll be in the water after it's sunk too - so if you kill them off quickly and have them sunk, you've got a bit before they'll come back for you.

Last night we went on one of those raids, with 2 other pirate crews. And while the raid was short, the aftermath of us grabbing the key and high tailing it the fuck out of there to come back to get the loot later took us 4 fucking hours. 2 ships chasing after us, countless naval battles, lying over the voice chat to strangers that we don't have they key, and some good use of having someone hide on an island with a key at the very end... made for a pretty fun night last night.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 04:20, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I was saying something similar to a mate in work that Sea of Thieves will live or die on its community. 

From what I've seen, it looks like it's a blast with mates, but if you're solo and/or have crew with little communication and co-operation, it'll struggle.

Yeah absolutely. It's still very early days, but I'd say it's about 50-50 whether any given random you'll come across will actually communicate. The game playing solo or playing with randoms that aren't doing anything is a really shallow experience and nowhere near as fun as when you've got a group of mates or people who'll actually coordinate with you.

The highlights of this game are the varied human interactions you can possibly have with the other people in other ships. Whether it's stealing from them, helping them with a raid, or just jumping on their ship and drawing a dick on their map. So if the community has too many people that aren't grouping up and coordinating... the game won't thrive.

I'm enjoying the fuck out of it though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've gotten back into playing Crusader Kings 2. Fun game if you like those kind of strategy games.

Class game. Dunno if you're into Game of Thrones but if so that mod is worth playing. Sunk more hours into that than the original game by quite some distance.

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Class game. Dunno if you're into Game of Thrones but if so that mod is worth playing. Sunk more hours into that than the original game by quite some distance.

I love GoT, I'll have to check it out.

• Subscriber

Started playing Monster Hunter World (PS4) and so far I am enjoying the depth of this game. The monster hunts aren't bad but what is impressive is how much tactical nous goes into getting the hunt right. Fun game and I'd recommend it to someone that likes extreme depth in the environment and has the time to spare. If you're a casual gamer this will piss you off in the first 20 minutes.

Finished Beholder, game had multiple endings, as the game moved on i had the choice to either work with the system or against the oligarch and i choosed the latter and eventually toppled the whole government to bring a revolution for democracy B|

But i couldn't do the perfect ending as my daughter died of illness and my son, as i couldn't arrange his university fee was forced into working in the mines and died in a explosion. My wife as the result of these events lost her mental health and eventually died in the end leaving me a broken man.

But thats the price you have to pay for Democracy 

Next up AC Origins !

Edited by Devon Von Devon

For anyone interested, Sleeping Dogs is currently on sale on PS4 for £3.70. I've played this on PS3 and got it again on PS4 (fancied another playthrough) and though it was a little rough around the edges compared to the likes of GTA (it did have a difficult development after all), it is definitely worth the money.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

For anyone interested, Sleeping Dogs is currently on sale on PS4 for £3.70. I've played this on PS3 and got it again on PS4 (fancied another playthrough) and though it was a little rough around the edges in compared to the likes of GTA (it did have a difficult development after all), it is definitely worth the money.

I really liked that game.

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

There we go. Gonzo approved. :D

The Kung Fu was fucking cool, also those insane vehical hijackings you can do while driving a car already.

That's probably the closest any of us will come to being Bruce Lee.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Apparently the new God of War is getting ultra-hot reviews across the board. Had it pre-ordered in March so we shall see tomorrow what the fuss is about. Anyone else getting it?

At a later date as I have others to finish first. Played the previous three but not Ascension.

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Apparently the new God of War is getting ultra-hot reviews across the board. Had it pre-ordered in March so we shall see tomorrow what the fuss is about. Anyone else getting it?

I don't have a playstation anymore... but it looks crazy fucking good.

• Subscriber

I'll only say this. Its a shame this game isn't multi-platform and never will be because it is easily the best thing I have played in 2018 hands down. The only thing I think that will challenge it is Red Dead Redemption and I am not even sure that can break this narrative and story put aside the graphics engine and the combat system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

If you haven't played it the first time it came out Bayonetta 2 for the Switch is very fun. The myriads of combos and the load times make it very playable on the switch and so far I am liking it. The price is a bit steep but well worth the fun.

@Bluebird Hewitt what are you playing on yours right now?

• Subscriber
On 5/2/2018 at 18:26, Bluebird Hewitt said:

@Mel81x, last I played on Switch was Mario Kart 8, though have been playing Shadow of the Colossus atm. Still have FM18 and Zelda on Switch to start as well.

Let me know how FM18 catches on for you. I have been considering an SD card because my Switch is filling up but I can't make up my mind on what I want.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 13:31, Cannabis said:

Started Skyrim again this weekend, not played it in a good 18 months and had a massive urge to jump back into it. Can't believe that a game this old is still entertaining and even though I put 100 hours+ into it when I first bought it in my high school days I know I've barely scratched the surface (I haven't even finished the main storyline yet xD). So yeah, currently giving that a whirl along with FarCry 5 (which is great) and F1 2017 whenever I can't be arsed shooting/stabbing people.

That reminds me I need to jump back onto the playthrough of Skyrim I started around the end of last year. I made a Khajit and gave him the same name/appearance as my cat, makes it a bit more personal xD

I started Far Cry 5, but I got a bit busy with work and I totally forgot I owned it. It's a fun game though (at least so far, I'm not very far into it). Something I can't really get over, though, is how an entire county in a US state is apparently cut off from the world... and no state police/national guard or whatever thinks to at least fly by and see what's going on. Like seriously, I know America's fond of guns and whatnot... but having it deteriorate into an actual warzone is pretty tough to believe for me.