talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

Okay, so I made an even bigger mistake and got Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic today :dam: I'm normally not into RPGs much, but since I love Star Wars and always heard raving reviews about the game, I decided to give it a go. And I'm glad I did as the story and the gameplay is just incredible and I'm only just starting... Anyone played it before?

This is the definitive original Xbox game even over Halo. The story arc and the ability to split into whatever you want to be (Jedi/Sith) is superb. I played this years ago and I still think its one of the best Star Wars games I have ever played. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

This is the definitive original Xbox game even over Halo. The story arc and the ability to split into whatever you want to be (Jedi/Sith) is superb. I played this years ago and I still think its one of the best Star Wars games I have ever played. 

I got both the original and the sequel so I guess it will keep me busy for a while... Just hope it won't interfere with my working hours as it's so addictive xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I got both the original and the sequel so I guess it will keep me busy for a while... Just hope it won't interfere with my working hours as it's so addictive xD 

KOTOR2 is also a really good game and if I am not wrong the light-sabre system was vastly improved too. I think I played through it thrice before I had to stop haha. The skill-tree and the options for adding powers is quite good for fights and encounters as well in the sequel.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

KOTOR2 is also a really good game and if I am not wrong the light-sabre system was vastly improved too. I think I played through it thrice before I had to stop haha. The skill-tree and the options for adding powers is quite good for fights and encounters as well in the sequel.

I just read a few days ago that BioWare also tried to make a KOTOR3 game more than once but were not allowed to by EA who have acquired the rights to the Star Wars license from Disney earlier... 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I just read a few days ago that BioWare also tried to make a KOTOR3 game more than once but were not allowed to by EA who have acquired the rights to the Star Wars license from Disney earlier... 

Disney buying the Star Wars rights was probably the worst thing in terms of games for the industry since they then went with EA as the dev house and EA has a recent, and correct, history of screwing gamers over with their monetization-before-playability approach to game development. I'd have loved a KOTOR3 but that's never going to happen now unless BioWare and EA decide to do a joint venture which I don't think is ever going to happen.

• Subscriber

Quite like the RE2-remake. For some reason it seems eerier, the zombies are harder to kill and the element of trying to board things up so you don't waste precious ammunition is a good add as well. If you've played 4 and 7 I'd highly recommend this one because its nice and pacey. And then there's the random Tyrant run-ins that add to the horror aspect as well. 

Edited by Mel81x

10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Quite like the RE2-remake. For some reason it seems eerier, the zombies are harder to kill and the element of trying to board things up so you don't waste precious ammunition is a good add as well. If you've played 4 and 7 I'd highly recommend this one because its nice and pacey. And then there's the random Tyrant run-ins that add to the horror aspect as well. 

I played the 30 minute demo. They'd nailed the atmosphere of the game again. Everything is darker in the hallways etc the sounds are better, how you control the character is better.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Rab said:

I played the 30 minute demo. They'd nailed the atmosphere of the game again. Everything is darker in the hallways etc the sounds are better, how you control the character is better.

I agree. One thing I like the most compared to its predecessor is how doors can just be pushed open versus having to wait for a loader and the aspect of zombies busting them open to get to you as well. You really can't run through too many doors and think you've escaped which makes it even more of a survival horror game.

@Bluebird Hewitt how are you liking it so far?

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber

Got stuck on the stupid gun turret mini game while escaping Taris on Ebon Hawke in KOTOR... Seriously must have tried at least a dozen of times and every time loading the save it means I had to watch all those cut scenes again each time. Still was unable to beat it; is it my laptop or are the controls really so unresponsive and inaccurate? Could also be me as I am not into shooters. Had to find out how to compile a script to bypass it :ph34r: Feels a bit like cheating but I was getting too frustrated.

Still amazed by this game though.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Got stuck on the stupid gun turret mini game while escaping Taris on Ebon Hawke in KOTOR... Seriously must have tried at least a dozen of times and every time loading the save it means I had to watch all those cut scenes again each time. Still was unable to beat it; is it my laptop or are the controls really so unresponsive and inaccurate? Could also be me as I am not into shooters. Had to find out how to compile a script to bypass it :ph34r: Feels a bit like cheating but I was getting too frustrated.

Still amazed by this game though.

I am curious. What side are you aligned to? Light or Dark?

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I agree. One thing I like the most compared to its predecessor is how doors can just be pushed open versus having to wait for a loader and the aspect of zombies busting them open to get to you as well. You really can't run through too many doors and think you've escaped which makes it even more of a survival horror game.

@Bluebird Hewitt how are you liking it so far?

I haven't got it yet. Red Dead 2 has been eating my time up so far. 

I'll probably get it around my birthday. 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I am curious. What side are you aligned to? Light or Dark?

Have just become a full-fledged Jedi (Sentinel) after I successfully passed my trials and redeemed Juhani on my final task :D Leaning towards Light side for sure...Going to explore the strange ruins on Dantooine now.

• Subscriber

I swear KOTOR is too addictive... My first day off this week and instead of going out and doing some other things I planned to I'm running around looking for Star Maps and helping Wookie rebels on Kashyyyk until 5am... xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, nudge said:

I swear KOTOR is too addictive... My first day off this week and instead of going out and doing some other things I planned to I'm running around looking for Star Maps and helping Wookie rebels on Kashyyyk until 5am... xD 

Put the machine off and go outside.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

im almost scared to ask how far you got haha.

Not THAT far haha. Done Taris, Dantooine, Tatooine and Kashyyyk so far and collected 3 Star Maps... Currently on Manaan. I have a feeling I'll have to fight Darth Bandon (Malek's apprentice...) there.

16 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Have seen a couple of videos and it looks pretty decent. Is it free a pa Fortnite or do you need to pay for it? 

Yeah it's free to play like Fortnite. It's kinda like a mix between your average BR game and Overwatch/RS:Siege with the class based teamwork gameplay. The ping system it uses is fantastic though - I've never seen such cohesive team play with randoms that don't have microphones. Highly recommend it, and at the price... there's not a whole lot to lose, you'll either like it or you won't and it didn't cost anything to try.

32 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Free

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it's free to play like Fortnite. It's kinda like a mix between your average BR game and Overwatch/RS:Siege with the class based teamwork gameplay. The ping system it uses is fantastic though - I've never seen such cohesive team play with randoms that don't have microphones. Highly recommend it, and at the price... there's not a whole lot to lose, you'll either like it or you won't and it didn't cost anything to try.

Cheers both. Might give it a download, though admittedly I'd rather play solo than teams. 

58 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Cheers both. Might give it a download, though admittedly I'd rather play solo than teams. 

There’s no solo mode, so you’ll be forced to play with 2 random people. But give it a go still, it surprised me being paired with 2 people that actually played as a team and used the ping system. So far the community has been surprisingly not toxic

• Subscriber

Finished both the RE2-Remake sides and have to say its a pretty good game overall. If you spend time actually walking around and not running-and-gunning it then it turns into quite the experience. The eerie atmosphere gets taken away after about 4hrs of gameplay and then everything kind of feels and fits quite well. Definite recommendation if you liked the original RE2 or the even more awesome RE4. News is now going around that they want to redo RE3 and the Nemesis superboss. If they make it anything like Mister X in this new game I think fans wouldn't complain at all.