talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber

Apex is okay, I haven’t properly got into it yet. It’s doing well though, 25 million players in the first week? Massively helped by all the top streamers playing on it. I think the first season battle pass starts in March. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

No, it's a brand new game but they just included the missions for the first one as an extra.

So I don't need to bother with the first one at all? Nice. That'll save me some time.

Edited by Large

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Still on Red Dead 2, but I downloaded and gave Tetris 99 a quick go. 

To put simply, it's you vs. 98 others in Tetris battle royale. xD

Saw this yesterday and thought it seemed like a cool concept. Any good?

On 14/01/2019 at 06:52, Cannabis said:

Finished Super Mario Odyssey this morning, a fantastic game that deserves all the credit it has received. A few people on here mentioned that it got really hard towards the end but I didn't feel like anything unexpected jumped out, even though the boss battles were challenging in places I never found myself proper raging and stuck on them (with perhaps the exception of the dragon). Proper belly laughed at the ending and have already jumped back to the first kingdom to wrap up all of the moons, it just seems a waste to not complete this 100% (or at the very least in the 90% bracket) when there is just so much effort and hard-work put into the piece. 

Zero glitches or bugs during my playthrough which makes a mockery out of the AAA shite that is being released on Xbox and PlayStation now. Great worlds and colours (I thought that I wouldn't like the Metro Kingdom and it actually turned out to be one of my favourites) and brilliant controls, never did I find myself fighting with the camera or wishing that the buttons could be re-mapped, it's a beautiful and well made game. 

9.5/10. 

Sorry mate just to confirm did you complete the stage "Darker Side of the Moon"?

To unlock this stage you need 500 moons and for me it was incredibly tough to complete. 

The prior stage "Dark side of the moon" where you need to re fight every boss you faced through the game in succession with only a single life wasn't easy either. 

These two stages (both earned after the game is finished) is what I was talking about when I said the game got hard AFTER you defeat bowser.... Bowser was almost at the halfway point of the game for me in terms of playing time compared to those last two stages and trawling for the moons to get there.

Edited by Harry

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Saw this yesterday and thought it seemed like a cool concept. Any good?

I've only played one game and was doing ok until I got my screen raised by a third and went out shortly after that. Finished 25th.

It's pretty much the original multiplayer concept (get the other player to the top before you) but on a much larger scale. You can point to who you want to receive the extra lines (all opponents are on your screen at the same time) and that's about it really. 

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I see what you mean in terms of the game getting harder after you defeat Bowser, I did a bit of DSotM but found it really challenging. At the moment I am collecting stars from the other kingdoms but don't expect to get up to the 500 needed to unlock the ''Darker Side''. I'm on around 299 at the moment, so will probably get to around 400/450 before calling it quits.

To be honest I completed the game without much trouble but am not a wizard at platforming so wouldn't stand a chance against the extreme levels. I've watched them on YouTube post game and it's just insane xD. I've picked up BoTW, not sure if I mentioned that in this thread - really enjoying it!

Yeah, I'm not much further ahead of you moon wise. It was very good and maybe I'll get back to it one day, but not for a while. 

I have BotW as well but have not got round to playing it unfortunately. Same with Mario vs. Rabbids. 

• Subscriber

Just finished KOTOR. Overall, it's a great game and I loved it except for the Manaan (especially the underwater part which really put me off) which I found tedious. Went for the light side in the end. Was wondering if I should replay it to see how it plays out if the dark side is chosen but I think it would be too repetitive. Also wondering if KOTOR 2 is worth playing?

@Mel81x

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just finished KOTOR. Overall, it's a great game and I loved it except for the Manaan (especially the underwater part which really put me off) which I found tedious. Went for the light side in the end. Was wondering if I should replay it to see how it plays out if the dark side is chosen but I think it would be too repetitive. Also wondering if KOTOR 2 is worth playing?

@Mel81x

You should definitely play the sequel its more polished and has a more adaptive skill tree. I think you'll like it.

P.S. I have never played KOTOR and ended up on the light side. The dark side just had way too much fun associated with it.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

You should definitely play the sequel its more polished and has a more adaptive skill tree. I think you'll like it.

P.S. I have never played KOTOR and ended up on the light side. The dark side just had way too much fun associated with it.

Cheers! Will do it then. Is the battle system and overall gameplay the same as the original?

• Subscriber
Just now, Mel81x said:

Yes it most definitely is which is why if you've played the original you're going to like it.

Thank you! 

Also I will hit you up for recommendations for similar/other games I might like later once I'm done with it, if you don't mind :D 

• Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

Thank you! 

Also I will hit you up for recommendations for similar/other games I might like later once I'm done with it, if you don't mind :D 

I'll try my best and offer good recommendations wherever I can. You have to realize when Bioware were strutting their stuff well I played all these on an Xbox and never really saw the PC side of things which I learned later was much better. The control scheme on the Xbox was comfortable enough that I never bothered going in any other direction. 

When you're done and if you want to take a walk on the wildside and you haven't already give Skyrim a run its definitely in your wheel-house since you like these kinds of games.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 18/02/2019 at 23:35, Mel81x said:

I've been playing the sequel for a few days now and I'm absolutely loving it... The storyline is even better than the original one and I really enjoyed that too! I like how KOTOR2 is more "morally grey" instead of being purely black or white and the fact that I still don't know what's going to happen (unlike KOTOR where it was kind of easy to figure out the truth about the protagonist's past). Kreia is a brilliantly written character.

Thanks again for recommending it ^_^

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Completed Red Dead 2 (story at least) on Friday and got RE2 (as well as Spiderman) for my birthday, so RE2 is up next. 

You'll have to let me know how you liked RE2. I liked it a lot and while the aesthetics of the game died off after a while due to some repetition I found it a great experience overall.