talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, ... said:

Yeah, thought it would be the perfect game to jump into first time without any assistance. I'll go back and do story mode now that I've had a go :).

Have fun and let me know how it goes... I rage quit when I was attacked by a wolf right outside the church in Chapter Two, managed to kill it but got injured and lost my pants in the process, went back to the church to heal only to get attacked the following day immediately after leaving the church again :dam:

1 hour ago, nudge said:

and lost my pants in the process

xD I can just imagine you going out foraging while I finish our log cabin in the wilderness and you coming back with a load of mushrooms and no pants.... 

"What happened" 

"Oh I met a bloke over the other hill and swapped them for some magic beans.. " 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Got Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic today.

A true city planners and engineers dream. A huge map, very complex infrastructure, industry and economy and a LOT of micromanagement (buying buses, building bus stops near areas that need workers and then assigning routes for each vehicle, managing work loads and setting shift pattern at the factories, relocating citizens, designing railroad systems complete with rail traffic signals and cargo management, optimising industry,  managing imports and exports in different currencies through customs offices at the border, terraforming, managing unemployment, researching chemistry and technical parts at universities, etc). Basically a city builder, logistics manager and economy tycoon in one, set in a fictional Soviet Republic from the 60s to the 80s. Very authentic not only in complexity but also in terms of using real-life objects (building styles, actual vehicle models) of the eastern-bloc at that time; different vehicles even become available only when you reach a certain year when they were actually built in the real world. Didn't expect it to be so complex and so complicated judging from the trailer, probably the most in-depth and detailed game I've ever seen in this genre. Still a bit unpolished as it's in development and even more new features are being added. Will not everyone's cup of tea but those who liked the original Tropico or transport tycoon style games will definitely enjoy it a lot. Can easily see thousands of hours in the game.

• Subscriber

After spending time in the wilderness thanks to @nudge I have now gone back to my Switch for some Metroidvania style gaming with this title.

https://in.ign.com/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/136650/review/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-review

If you've ever played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night this game kind of plays the same and has a female protagnoist with nearly similar mechanics. The same team that did Castlevania are on it as well and its shows. 

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

My mate has that @Mel81x and is really enjoying it. Been meaning to get Dead Cells at some point. 

Its really good as far as I can tell so much variety in combat and attack situations. Think Dead Cells is going cheap on Steam at the moment and is also a great game. There's way too much variety in the skill tree with DC but its thoroughly enjoyable as a platformer/metroidvania style game.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't @nudge. Any good?

For me, I've installed Spiderman on PS4 so will have a good ceack on that. However, it doesn't help that Sega have released the Yakuza Remastered Collection (3, 4 and 5, though only 3 is available straightaway as 4 is October and 5 is February). Add Yakuza 6 from last year and Judgment this year, 2020 has been blocked out. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I haven't @nudge. Any good?

Yes, I'm really enjoying it so far. A bit of base building, a bit of exploration, a bit of crafting, a lot of resource management and engineering solutions, a lot of factors influencing gameplay (temperature, water, resources, health, stress levels, oxygen etc.), an extensive research tree, very in-depth and complex once the game progresses; I also love the cute artstyle and somewhat humorous presentation. Feels a bit like a mix of Rimworld, Factorio and Fallout Shelter.

18 hours ago, nudge said:

Yes, I'm really enjoying it so far. A bit of base building, a bit of exploration, a bit of crafting, a lot of resource management and engineering solutions, a lot of factors influencing gameplay (temperature, water, resources, health, stress levels, oxygen etc.), an extensive research tree, very in-depth and complex once the game progresses; I also love the cute artstyle and somewhat humorous presentation. Feels a bit like a mix of Rimworld, Factorio and Fallout Shelter.

Just watched the trailer. It's a pretty looking game but with it being only on Steam, this pretty much knackers me. :(

• Subscriber

After thinking of going and playing the Plague game I instead went and got the new Remedy game and its really good. I am playing it on the PC although I imagine the PS4/XBONE would be the same pretty much. Its also really cheap right now for PC (going for 22USD approx)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Stumbled upon LOST: Via Domus game and just had to try it out. A big fan of the show but somehow missed the game completely back when it was released. Tried it out yesterday; love how well it recreates the vibe of Season One of the TV series. 

I haven't played much of it... but I've been playing Gears 5 as of Friday. And if you like the Gears of War series... it's a good game. The campaign is pretty great, if you like that kind of game, and I've been having a lot of fun with some of the newer multiplayer modes. I think they've fixed a lot of the things that were criticised in Gears 4 - I don't necessarily think those changes were initially bad in Gears 4, I just think they've been implemented better in 5. And you don't have to fight those annoying robots, which didn't make the first bit of 4 feel quite the same as the other games in the series.

I tried playing some co-op with my brother over the internet, but the lag was fucking horrible. Which is a shame because playing the original trilogy on split screen with my brother produced some of the finest video game moments I've ever had.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I haven't played much of it... but I've been playing Gears 5 as of Friday. And if you like the Gears of War series... it's a good game. The campaign is pretty great, if you like that kind of game, and I've been having a lot of fun with some of the newer multiplayer modes. I think they've fixed a lot of the things that were criticised in Gears 4 - I don't necessarily think those changes were initially bad in Gears 4, I just think they've been implemented better in 5. And you don't have to fight those annoying robots, which didn't make the first bit of 4 feel quite the same as the other games in the series.

I tried playing some co-op with my brother over the internet, but the lag was fucking horrible. Which is a shame because playing the original trilogy on split screen with my brother produced some of the finest video game moments I've ever had.

I've seen reviews praising it and for good reason too. The little I did see showed a good game and I was actually thinking I should play this but then Control came around and I figured I haven't played enough Gears to really warrant its purchase. 

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Me and a mate did local co-op on the original trilogy. He shit himself when the Berserker came along as you needed a bit of quick movement to avoid it. Haven't played any of them since the third one mind so have no idea of what they're like now. 

For me, I finished Spiderman but need to get some small assignments done now. Will do those with maybe a quick go on Death Road to Canada now and then. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Me and a mate did local co-op on the original trilogy. He shit himself when the Berserker came along as you needed a bit of quick movement to avoid it. Haven't played any of them since the third one mind so have no idea of what they're like now. 

For me, I finished Spiderman but need to get some small assignments done now. Will do those with maybe a quick go on Death Road to Canada now and then. 

Gears of War: Judgement was CRAP. But the story is actually pretty decent if you want to learn about Baird/Cole's backstory - I'd recommend watching a YouTube video with the cutscenes all spliced together rather than playing that one if you wanted to catch up on that installment of the series. I played it because I love the games - that one made me doubt whether or not Gears of War 4 would be any good; they made so many gameplay changes and it really altered how the game felt to play.

Gears of War 4 was more of a return to form for the series. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the original trilogy, but gameplay wise it very much goes back to feeling like the old Gears of War games. The story is good and interesting, but I'll be honest... it's not as good as the first three. One of the reasons I liked the first three was, sure it's like a cheesy 80s action movie at heart - but they managed (imo) to make a pretty compelling story and getting you caring about the 4 lumbering hunks of meat that the story follows. In Gears 4 the characters I cared most about are the characters from the original trilogy. It's not a bad game though, I just don't think it quite reaches the same heights as the original trilogy.

Gears 5 though is vastly improved to 4 (and again, I don't think 4 is bad or anything - I actually think it does a good job of setting up 5's superior story). But it's similar to 4 and the original trilogy in terms of gameplay. I've not beaten the campaign yet, I don't even think I'm that far into it tbh... I've not been able to play as much as I'd want to. But so far, I'm enjoying the game a bit more than I did with the previous one. It feels better written.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Gears of War: Judgement was CRAP. But the story is actually pretty decent if you want to learn about Baird/Cole's backstory - I'd recommend watching a YouTube video with the cutscenes all spliced together rather than playing that one if you wanted to catch up on that installment of the series. I played it because I love the games - that one made me doubt whether or not Gears of War 4 would be any good; they made so many gameplay changes and it really altered how the game felt to play.

Gears of War 4 was more of a return to form for the series. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the original trilogy, but gameplay wise it very much goes back to feeling like the old Gears of War games. The story is good and interesting, but I'll be honest... it's not as good as the first three. One of the reasons I liked the first three was, sure it's like a cheesy 80s action movie at heart - but they managed (imo) to make a pretty compelling story and getting you caring about the 4 lumbering hunks of meat that the story follows. In Gears 4 the characters I cared most about are the characters from the original trilogy. It's not a bad game though, I just don't think it quite reaches the same heights as the original trilogy.

Gears 5 though is vastly improved to 4 (and again, I don't think 4 is bad or anything - I actually think it does a good job of setting up 5's superior story). But it's similar to 4 and the original trilogy in terms of gameplay. I've not beaten the campaign yet, I don't even think I'm that far into it tbh... I've not been able to play as much as I'd want to. But so far, I'm enjoying the game a bit more than I did with the previous one. It feels better written.

I've heard 4 and 5 are good and if I had an Xbox One, they' d be towards the top of my list. Unfortunately I don't really want to buy a console just for a couple of games. 

34 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've heard 4 and 5 are good and if I had an Xbox One, they' d be towards the top of my list. Unfortunately I don't really want to buy a console just for a couple of games. 

Yeah that's understandable. If you do any PC gaming though, they're on there as well.

Well if anyone cares... the new gamemode on Gears' multiplayer "Escape" is FANTASTIC. It's co-op like horde, but it's much more fun (imo) - rather than horde mode which is generally just like a base defense type of game mode, escape is.... where you escape from a swarm hive - starting off with just a Boltok pistol and hardly any ammo.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 19/09/2019 at 01:33, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well if anyone cares... the new gamemode on Gears' multiplayer "Escape" is FANTASTIC. It's co-op like horde, but it's much more fun (imo) - rather than horde mode which is generally just like a base defense type of game mode, escape is.... where you escape from a swarm hive - starting off with just a Boltok pistol and hardly any ammo.

Got it for PC yesterday haven't really played it yet as setting some things to ULTRA require bigger texture downloads but I am curious to see how far they've come since I last played it now.

• Subscriber

Started the campaign on Gears and besides it looking pretty as a game have to say its a regular run and gun so far with the Swarm just popping up here and there. Like the fact that they don't let the action stagnate for too long and you're always fighting your way through things.