Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

What are you playing?

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Smash Bros is one of those 'easy to play' games with a fair bit of depth if you try to 'master' any of the characters. Granted, it's more frantic than technical ala Street Fighter, but just because it's so easy to pick up and just a lot of fun that I class them as my favourite fighting games. 

I have Nintendo Online for a couple more months so am happy to give you a game at some point if you fancy it. 

I don't think I have Nintendo online (when we've been visiting each others islands on Animal Crossing, we've been using the local connection instead of the internet)... but if there's a trial or anything, I'd be down to try.

You'll probably murder me, I'm not the greatest at fighting games. The chaos of Smash Bros sort of gives me a better shot though with my button mashing.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think I have Nintendo online (when we've been visiting each others islands on Animal Crossing, we've been using the local connection instead of the internet)... but if there's a trial or anything, I'd be down to try.

You'll probably murder me, I'm not the greatest at fighting games. The chaos of Smash Bros sort of gives me a better shot though with my button mashing.

Trust me. I'm shit at the game despite loving the series. xD

I like sinking time into games I like, but not to the point of 'trying to master' something as to me, it starts to sink the fun out of it if it gets too serious. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

YES. You need to visit my island 😂😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My wife and I just got Smash Bros on the Switch and we've been playing a lot of that lately. It's nice to play a fighting game that's easy as fuck, because usually they are very hard and I have to concentrate really hard and get all sweaty to even come close to winning (and I usually don't because for some reason my wife is absolutely incredible at Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat).

I used to play competitively and there was one guy, you know that one guy. I was in college at the time and he'd come down from his dorm room to the common area like he'd just woken up and pick the most absurd characters like Dudley and give me a ass whooping. I told him to compete but he was too lazy to go to competitions. 

• Upvote 1

Got Game Pass again for Xbox so downloaded F1 2019. Really enjoying it actually despite not really watching F1 in a few years. Bahrain is by far my favourite track. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm playing Tony Hawks' Pro Skater 1 + 2.

Oh my, the memories...

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh my, the memories...

The remaster is much harder than I remember the originals being.

But omg it's so fun and it's taken me back about 20 years, to much simpler times.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But omg it's so fun and it's taken me back about 20 years, to much simpler times.

I didn't even know there was a remake/remaster :51_scream:

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I didn't even know there was a remake/remaster :51_scream:

It came out 10 days ago. I learned about it yesterday. Idk if it's on PC, but if it is... I really recommend it if you liked the original games

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

It came out 10 days ago. I learned about it yesterday. Idk if it's on PC, but if it is... I really recommend it if you liked the original games

Cheers, I'll have to check it out... I LOVED the originals, the soundtrack alone was phenomenal. Simpler times, as you said...

Yeah, I read that it was a very good remaster. Played it a little back in the day (christ I sound old saying that), but not a huge amount. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Cheers, I'll have to check it out... I LOVED the originals, the soundtrack alone was phenomenal. Simpler times, as you said...

The original soundtrack is a part of the game. They added a lot of songs, which tbh... I don't really care for xD but all that shite from 20 years ago is still there.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, I read that it was a very good remaster. Played it a little back in the day (christ I sound old saying that), but not a huge amount. 

I played so much of it way back in the day - I've been feeling some insane nostalgia seeing all of the levels again.

It definitely makes me feel like a very old man though.

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

now it got even better with Charlie Brown Jr's Soundtrack "Confisco", this game is insanely cool dude

• Upvote 1

I honestly can't explain how much I'm enjoying the re-mastered Tony Hawks 1 + 2. The nostalgia kick is unbelievable.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2020 at 00:14, Dr. Gonzo said:

I honestly can't explain how much I'm enjoying the re-mastered Tony Hawks 1 + 2. The nostalgia kick is unbelievable.

Downloaded it again last night. Remembering where all of the secret tapes are and everything is knowledge I didn't think I'd retain!

Just got a new PC too after being a Mac guy for years - looking forward to playing some games on there too.

• Upvote 2

If you like a dungeon crawler and fancy a bit of hack-n-slash with it Hades is actually a good game. I played he Early Access version on Steam and thought it was good. They've done a v1.0 release now so its full fledged.

Finished Yakuza 5 but want to do some of the extra things on the game before moving on and getting Yakuza 6 and finishing Kiryu's story. Should be perfect timing as Yakuza 7 (different characters and genre) will be out by the time I get close to finishing 6 at least.