talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, MUFC said:

Well the twat of a game never arrived. Will be tomorrow which isn't a bad thing as there are no game son in the evening. Have heard about this Ghost of Tsushima, might look into it.

Red Dead Redemption - Samurai style.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
On 29/06/2021 at 05:54, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Been meaning to give that a go, but still haven't played the third one yet. 

Imo these games got better every release, I dont mean that as a knock they're all good but 4 is really, really good.

Edited by Viva la FCB

On 30/06/2021 at 14:24, Coma said:

Is anyone still playing Elder Scrolls Online?  I haven't played in a year or so as I've been catching up on other games but was thinking about getting back into it.

Yes, I am. I mostly play PVP these days. The game is very fun but server performance around prime time leaves something to be desired.

• Subscriber

So I have been playing Strive for over a week now and although ArcSystems said this was easier than its predecessors its weirdly more complex under the hood. The battle system and player renders are gorgeous in 4K but they suffer from frame stutters, the combat has so many variables designed to benefit players on both side of the spectrum (attack or defense) and the last most interesting thing is how they pause gameplay for half a second when counters are hit. When capitalized you can even spin a bad round in your favor.

Can't wait to see how this works in tournaments but so far online its been quite a good mix bag of games. 

On 04/07/2021 at 04:45, Panflute said:

Yes, I am. I mostly play PVP these days. The game is very fun but server performance around prime time leaves something to be desired.

I was playing fairly regularly up until about a year ago but I'm thinking about getting back into it.  I was getting beat down a lot as a solo character and my build wasn't all that great so I hung it up for awhile.  I don't recall any server issues on my end, but I was using the North American server on XBox One.  I never did venture into the PVP realm in all my time playing.  I was having enough fun in the outlands.

16 hours ago, Coma said:

I was playing fairly regularly up until about a year ago but I'm thinking about getting back into it.  I was getting beat down a lot as a solo character and my build wasn't all that great so I hung it up for awhile.  I don't recall any server issues on my end, but I was using the North American server on XBox One.  I never did venture into the PVP realm in all my time playing.  I was having enough fun in the outlands.

Server issues mostly manifest themselves in endgame content, so PVP (Cyrodiil particularly) and trials. If you just want to quest, you won't experience many issues aside from the occasional downtime. They added NPC Companions with the most recent chapter, so solo play has become more viable than ever.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Panflute said:

Server issues mostly manifest themselves in endgame content, so PVP (Cyrodiil particularly) and trials. If you just want to quest, you won't experience many issues aside from the occasional downtime. They added NPC Companions with the most recent chapter, so solo play has become more viable than ever.

Now that is interesting.  Do you craft your own NPC or are there characters that you can recruit?

2 hours ago, Coma said:

Now that is interesting.  Do you craft your own NPC or are there characters that you can recruit?

There's currently 2 characters you can recruit, but they stated that they'll add more in the future. They have set personalities and you can improve your rapport with them by doing stuff they like while questing with them. For example, one of them hates goblins, so she will appreciate you more if you kill goblins. You can improve their combat abilities just by adventuring with them, and you can assign them to be a healer, a tank or a damage dealer. They can't exactly replace a good player, but they still make stuff like solo'ing group dungeons easier.

Their personalities/looks are set, but you can still craft them a custom outfit or assign them a costume that you own. You can also choose which mount they use.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Unchartered 4 is immense, am around 60% through. Really good graphics for a game released in 2015. Even better is that I thought this was the last one they made, there is another called uncharted-lost legacy which was released in 2017. Will be ordering that next.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Unchartered 4 is immense, am around 60% through. Really good graphics for a game released in 2015. Even better is that I thought this was the last one they made, there is another called uncharted-lost legacy which was released in 2017. Will be ordering that next.

So Lost Legacy is basically dlc content. It was good and actually longer then I expected, its a spinoff story with 2 of the females, one bad one Nadine and the other I forget was one of Drakes love interests.. .the one he doesnt end up with. Worth playing... the second area was a bit of a slog but the rest was good. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Starting playing Uncharted Lost Legacy last night, having just finished Uncharted 4. I looked online to see how many chapters Lost Legacy is. Only 9 fucking chapters? That's going to finished pretty quickly.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Starting playing Uncharted Lost Legacy last night, having just finished Uncharted 4. I looked online to see how many chapters Lost Legacy is. Only 9 fucking chapters? That's going to finished pretty quickly.

Yeah thats kinda why I say its DLC esque... it is longer then you think it will be but its definitely not a full game anyways.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah thats kinda why I say its DLC esque... it is longer then you think it will be but its definitely not a full game anyways.

I just want to rip her sari off.

• Subscriber

Man Ghosts of Tsushima is amazing so far. The side quests are great tie ins, the ancient lore side quests are beautifully done. The mechanics are really good, skill trees arent too complicated but the stances offer a little extra so it doesnt seem like it will get repetitive. I want to say Ive played maybe 10 hours but this game is really, really good. 

26 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Man Ghosts of Tsushima is amazing so far. The side quests are great tie ins, the ancient lore side quests are beautifully done. The mechanics are really good, skill trees arent too complicated but the stances offer a little extra so it doesnt seem like it will get repetitive. I want to say Ive played maybe 10 hours but this game is really, really good. 

Yeah the stances are great, easy to change between the four of them too which makes things easy - sadly it's not the same for projectiles but I can get by without them. 

I've just 100%'d the first isle (excluding side quests) which is so much fun. I think that the side missions are arguably better than the main storyline itself. 

8/10 for me at the moment, but could easily get to 9/10 if the story starts going somewhere unexpected.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Thoughts on MM?

Really liked it Tbf, especially as I enjoyed Spiderman before it and this was more of the same. Also liked the option to chnage the game's performance (as I don't have a 4K TV, the highest graphics setting is pointless. Due to this, I could sacrifice graphics and improve the framerate). 

The only downer I had was that despite knowing the game was shorter, I thought it would have been longer than it was. If you did just the story, you could do that easily in a few hours. 

• Subscriber

Anyone heard of a game called The Order: 1886? Have brought it but not yet played it. Am currently playing Unchartered, lost treasures. 

The Order : 1886, for a game which came out in 2015, the graphics are out of this world.

11 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone heard of a game called The Order: 1886? Have brought it but not yet played it. Am currently playing Unchartered, lost treasures. 

The Order : 1886, for a game which came out in 2015, the graphics are out of this world.

Heard of it and remember reading that the graphics were great, but not so much the rest of the game. 

• Upvote 1