talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

Retro FIFA. Well FIFA 14. I can't say I play games like I used to and my focus has shifted so far in the opposite direction. I had the idea of playing it for on here. I've enjoy it so far especially playing every game rather than simming them. It takes more time making the posts than playing the game itself. Much of my free time has gone on it these past few days.

https://talkfootball365.com/index.php?/topic/632-an-old-time-fifa-run-everton/

Edited by Cure

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

For those with a Switch and never played it on Wii U, I strongly recommend Mario Kart 8 when it's out on 28th April. I'd argue that it's one of the best in the series.

Think the allure for me will be the ability to play with friends in the same room which was always a selling point for Mario Kart when I was younger. 

Still Skyrim Special Edition...

By now I think I've discovered all locations and cleared most of them. There are still some quests left to do, but I also like wandering about the wilderness with a bow and arrow to see what I come across. I still discover new shit with my main character even at level 114.

On 11/04/2017 at 0:32 AM, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Far Cry Primal, bought it weekend for cheap. Got tired of playing Diablo 3.

One of the laziest games I have ever played. No story, no depth, same engine as FC4, Don't even need real voice actors. Complete cash in if ever there was one. Ubisoft are great when they actually try, but this and Wildlands are very lazy cut and paste games.

10 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Still Skyrim Special Edition...

By now I think I've discovered all locations and cleared most of them. There are still some quests left to do, but I also like wandering about the wilderness with a bow and arrow to see what I come across. I still discover new shit with my main character even at level 114.

Didn't go in for Skyrim special edition, Didn't mind the original, but of the 3 I have played (Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim) it's the least deep, least interesting game. Should have remade/remastered Morrowind instead. Each one gets lazier and more generic than the last, hoping they turn it around next installment.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:09 AM, I8allthepies said:

I hope Red Dead Redemption 2 will be every bit as good as the first. Hopefully we see more WWII era weapons, assuming it's going to be after the events of the first. 

After WW2? Where the fuck is it going to be set? The suburbs of LA? The whole point of Red Dead Redemption was that the wild west was dying and the times of outlaws was over.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Today, I had the chance to play four-player Super Bomberman and while the game itself is not as good as the classics the four player mode is great for casual gaming. Tried to get my aunt into it and it wasn't all that hard for her to pick up and play as well. 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Today, I had the chance to play four-player Super Bomberman and while the game itself is not as good as the classics the four player mode is great for casual gaming. Tried to get my aunt into it and it wasn't all that hard for her to pick up and play as well. 

Trying to reist the joke 'is your aunt a muslim' but I'm forgetting she could be Irish. :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Didn't go in for Skyrim special edition, Didn't mind the original, but of the 3 I have played (Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim) it's the least deep, least interesting game. Should have remade/remastered Morrowind instead. Each one gets lazier and more generic than the last, hoping they turn it around next installment.

I play TES because of the adventure, not the RPG elements, so I don't mind that the latter is being "dumbed down". Also I wouldn't call Skyrim generic, as the dungeon design and layout is more varied and detailed than ever, and after all that's where you'll end up spending the most time. I replayed Oblivion recently and couldn't help but notice how 80% of the dungeons are indistinguishable dark caves.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

What class should I roll in Diablo III? Thinking monk right now. My DH is clost to 70' somthst isnt a choice

I started out with a monk and its a great class as far as I could tell. Gets a little gruelling as you move up but its worth it in the end.

On a side note, if anyone is looking at getting a good game on cheap Bayonetta has just found its way to Steam for a cheap price. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

After WW2? Where the fuck is it going to be set? The suburbs of LA? The whole point of Red Dead Redemption was that the wild west was dying and the times of outlaws was over.

No, not after WWII but sometime before, some WWII weapons weren't event made in the setting of the first RDR.

1 hour ago, Panflute said:

I play TES because of the adventure, not the RPG elements, so I don't mind that the latter is being "dumbed down". Also I wouldn't call Skyrim generic, as the dungeon design and layout is more varied and detailed than ever, and after all that's where you'll end up spending the most time. I replayed Oblivion recently and couldn't help but notice how 80% of the dungeons are indistinguishable dark caves.

Not generic layout wise, lore and world wise.

We went from 'Volcano covered in elves, who build cities on platforms out of the ocean, mushroom towers and out of giant ancient crabs' to "generic castle land with winter bits, swamp bits, a sweet elven city and each town is slightly different, gotta kill some demons' to 'you are in viking land, there are dragons. There are 4 cities and a handful of copy paste towns'

Just really lazy world building

1 hour ago, Tanksie said:

Not generic layout wise, lore and world wise.

We went from 'Volcano covered in elves, who build cities on platforms out of the ocean, mushroom towers and out of giant ancient crabs' to "generic castle land with winter bits, swamp bits, a sweet elven city and each town is slightly different, gotta kill some demons' to 'you are in viking land, there are dragons. There are 4 cities and a handful of copy paste towns'

Just really lazy world building

I feel we had this discussion before.

The geography in Skyrim is quite diverse, even if it may look the same because it's all wintry. You had the highlands of the Reach, the autumnal forests around Riften, tundras, hot springs, both leaf and pine forests, and snowy wastelands, all modelled after realistic geography. I thought it was pretty sweet. It doesn't feel as outerworldly as Morrowind, but I think every hold did have its own feel to it.

The only thing that bothers me about Skyrim is that the towns are so small and uninteresting. Oddly enough, Elder Scrolls Online is the game that nails this, as each capital is a metropolis with tons of life and own character. Sentinel and any of the Elven cities are quite magnificent.

1 hour ago, Panflute said:

I feel we had this discussion before.

The geography in Skyrim is quite diverse, even if it may look the same because it's all wintry. You had the highlands of the Reach, the autumnal forests around Riften, tundras, hot springs, both leaf and pine forests, and snowy wastelands, all modelled after realistic geography. I thought it was pretty sweet. It doesn't feel as outerworldly as Morrowind, but I think every hold did have its own feel to it.

The only thing that bothers me about Skyrim is that the towns are so small and uninteresting. Oddly enough, Elder Scrolls Online is the game that nails this, as each capital is a metropolis with tons of life and own character. Sentinel and any of the Elven cities are quite magnificent.

And Whiterun is the only place to really do anything 

Picked up DICE's Star Wars Battlefront for a couple of quid. It's not the deepest game ever but it's good fun. The sound and visuals are absolutely amazing  it really does feel like you're in the middle of a battle from the movies. Hopefully the'll be able to build upon it and make a truly great game when Battlefront II launches in November. 

• Subscriber
On 4/23/2017 at 1:25 AM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Inspired by the post and the fact that Nier finally got done I went and looked at the new Warhammer 40K today. Looks quite impressive.

I was thinking I should spend my money next on Mario Kart but I think I'll go back to PC for a while with the new W4K installment until the new Fire Emblem comes out in May. What a shame it isn't coming to the Switch ... typical Nintendo.