19/04/2021 - Leeds 1-1 Liverpool

Recent Form
Liverpool - WLWWW
Leeds - LLLLD

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're getting rammed. 

We had one season where this was a weary fixture for teams given the unpredictable nature of our game and now it's one of the best fixtures you get in this league. Pure truth.

We are meeting Liverpool at the worst time off the back of their humiliating defeat to Forest last weekend and they have confidence from Ajax Wednesday. It also helps Darwin, Trent and Thiago.

Contrast that with us having zero confidence on the pitch (Any mistake seems to get punished, any easy chance somehow missed), what looks to be Tyler Adans, Liam Cooper, Rodrigo, Luis Sinisterra and Joe Gelhardt struggling to make it, and the fact its a Saturday night game which will have the crowd pumped up a little bit more.

I will honestly be gobsmacked if we get anything from this, gobsmacked.

Marsch sounds a beaten man to me, it will take something extraordinary to come away with anything over than defeat tomorrow and another nail in the coffin.

I'll go 3-0 but it could easily be 5.

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

We're getting rammed. 

We had one season where this was a weary fixture for teams given the unpredictable nature of our game and now it's one of the best fixtures you get in this league. Pure truth.

We are meeting Liverpool at the worst time off the back of their humiliating defeat to Forest last weekend and they have confidence from Ajax Wednesday. It also helps Darwin, Trent and Thiago.

Contrast that with us having zero confidence on the pitch (Any mistake seems to get punished, any easy chance somehow missed), what looks to be Tyler Adans, Liam Cooper, Rodrigo, Luis Sinisterra and Joe Gelhardt struggling to make it, and the fact its a Saturday night game which will have the crowd pumped up a little bit more.

I will honestly be gobsmacked if we get anything from this, gobsmacked.

Marsch sounds a beaten man to me, it will take something extraordinary to come away with anything over than defeat tomorrow and another nail in the coffin.

I'll go 3-0 but it could easily be 5.

If we have Thiago back, I think we get a comfortable win. Without him... and I'm not so sure.

I was blowing smoke up Gomez's rear end last season,  thinking about him as a good signing to try make.   Many here thought he was a 40 million type.   This season he had that mare against Napoli,  another moment of chaos.   

I think we can ask what is up with liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Fabinho has been terrible, but this time he has an excuse of being in the middle alone. Thiago and Elliot are so wide, he is having to try and block the whole middle of the pitch himself. 

TIfo IRL covered a segment on Leeds style of play which is very central,  surprised Klopp "mentalmonster" didn't pay attention to it.

• Subscriber

Leeds not performing like a relegation side but Liverpool should still win this. Still too easy to play through them but they've got too much for Leeds in attack. Best I've seen from Robertson in a long time. Over to the F1 now though.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-2 Leeds - Saturday 29th October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived