• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-2 Leeds - Saturday 29th October, 2022

football forum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

What do you make of Klopps 7th season curse?

Klopp’s seventh-season curse https://www.anfieldcentral.co.uk/posts/the-jurgen-klopp-curse-comes-in-sevens-liverpool-beware/

I think there’s a big difference between what went wrong for him at Dortmund and what’s going wrong now with us, so I don’t think too much of it tbh.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

On the brightside.. i think we have enough to stay up xD

We don’t have 40 points yet and tbh we defend like a relegation battling side.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think there’s a big difference between what went wrong for him at Dortmund and what’s going wrong now with us, so I don’t think too much of it tbh.

We don’t have 40 points yet and tbh we defend like a relegation battling side.

It's not just Dortmund, his last 3 clubs including you now has gone tit's up in the 7th season for him 

25 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It's not just Dortmund, his last 3 clubs including you now has gone tit's up in the 7th season for him 

Isn’t the other one Mainz? I do think managers have a shelf life at that level, for whatever reason.

I dunno, maybe there is something about him that doesn’t last beyond 7 seasons. I trust him more than I trust the players though.

With us and Dortmund, the main factor is lack of investment. Along with that, Klopp is maybe a bit too loyal to some players who are passed their best. but like Gonzo said, I trust him more than any of our players. 

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s got to be saving himself for the World Cup. I don’t know if that’s true or not because I’m just guessing, but if it is I think it’s disgraceful.

He’s been shit all season tbh. Shadow of the player he used to be.

that's horrifying if true, even more so that he is given a free pass.   if you have to choose on form between Van Dijk and Botman, it's an Alex Rodriguez no doubter into the short porch.

for any player to even admit that is piss poor because what happens if the world cup was in the summer? would he coast his way through 38 games?

2 hours ago, Rick said:

With us and Dortmund, the main factor is lack of investment. Along with that, Klopp is maybe a bit too loyal to some players who are passed their best. but like Gonzo said, I trust him more than any of our players. 

which always makes me laugh when people "it's because of the money", obviously money helps but as Howe said, it's not a guarantee.

• Subscriber

We've got zero midfield presence and that was one of the best things about this team when it won the league. No retention, no ability to draw opposition players into spaces allow the wingers to run and definitely no ability to win the ball back like they used to. You then have to also contend with our defenders forgetting the basics and if it's for a WC spot I can't wait till that tournament is over to see if that changes anything in their behavior on the pitch. My guess it that it won't make an iota of difference to their skills. You don't just turn something like that on and off. 

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

which always makes me laugh when people "it's because of the money", obviously money helps but as Howe said, it's not a guarantee.

You reckon you would be in the top four without Bruno, Trippier, Pope, Botman & Burn? Have a day off. 

Thus squad HAS lacked proper investment. Look at the state of our midfield and the bench. You think Klopp likes having to rely on Ox & Keita? 

20 minutes ago, Rick said:

You reckon you would be in the top four without Bruno, Trippier, Pope, Botman & Burn? Have a day off. 

Thus squad HAS lacked proper investment. Look at the state of our midfield and the bench. You think Klopp likes having to rely on Ox & Keita? 

I looked at your bench yesterday and grimmised in pain.   it looks like the Mendoza line of mediocrity

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I looked at your bench yesterday and grimmised in pain.   it looks like the Mendoza line of mediocrity

There’s nobody who can come on to affect the game. The first 11 look at the bench and know they aren’t getting dropped for being this poor. It’s as bad as Carragher says it is. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

There’s nobody who can come on to affect the game. The first 11 look at the bench and know they aren’t getting dropped for being this poor. It’s as bad as Carragher says it is. 

I think the effort of last season has had lingering physical and mental effects.

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s got to be saving himself for the World Cup. I don’t know if that’s true or not because I’m just guessing, but if it is I think it’s disgraceful.

He’s been shit all season tbh. Shadow of the player he used to be.

What does that even mean though? He's still playing 90 minutes for your lot, so good or bad he's still out there exerting himself. How is playing badly saving himself in any way shape or form? 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

What does that even mean though? He's still playing 90 minutes for your lot, so good or bad he's still out there exerting himself. How is playing badly saving himself in any way shape or form? 

He’s not exerting himself though he’s just standing around

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No he's not xD Yes he's defending like shit but if you tracked his meters they'd be similar to last season.

I don’t believe he’s saving himself, but his performances this season are shocking. He’s not commanding, he pulls out of one on one situations and he’s static once the opposition get into our box. Personally, I’d drop him for Konate but Klopp will never do that. 

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

I don’t believe he’s saving himself, but his performances this season are shocking. He’s not commanding, he pulls out of one on one situations and he’s static once the opposition get into our box. Personally, I’d drop him for Konate but Klopp will never do that. 

Is Konate fit? When do we get Matip back too because both he and Gomez need dropping.

47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wtf does this mean

Yankee Stadium has a short porch of Right field,  A-Rod has bombed a few no doubter home runs opposite field,  so in context of this season Botman is playing a lot better than Van Dijk and should be selected ahead or at least with him. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Isn’t the other one Mainz?

xD

Awnload.png

Can't see him leaving though and to be honest with the situation going on in mersy side land it's nice to give back shit to our Liverpool nutter of a son all the shit he gave me about United under Ole and his wheel coming off his car. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived