• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 14 Fixtures - Saturday 29th October, 2022

football forum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

They looked shit,  and Gross/Trossard are two players I would love in Black and White

Not sure you need anyone at the moment Orange. Third briefly today.............more to come methinks.

Much needed 3 points for Spurs but too much like hard work. I thought as soon as Sess pulled one back we'd win. With the leveller the momentum was with us and it was just a matter of when the third was scored.

Get the first half sorted out PLEASE Spurs.

3 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Not sure you need anyone at the moment Orange. Third briefly today.............more to come methinks.

Much needed 3 points for Spurs but too much like hard work. I thought as soon as Sess pulled one back we'd win. With the leveller the momentum was with us and it was just a matter of when the third was scored.

Get the first half sorted out PLEASE Spurs.

We need winger,  St Maximin has only managed 30 games once and has only started 4 this season he is unreliable.  Trossard would fit that perfectly.     Our midfield is Joe7, Bruno, then one of Willock, Longstaff or Shelvey which is very thin,  adding a Gross to that certainly gives us more cutting edge. 

This high winger wingback tactic which leaves our outside CBs exposed is on par with AVBs defensive disaster class.
Brighton the first club to actually exploit it where Brentford and Salzburg were unlucky not to.

Oh Potter. Continue with this winger as wingback nonsense and Havertz waltzing his way in the starting XI despite being shit you will lose the fans immediately. 

Brilliant again.

Thought this might have been a bit of a banana skin. I do think Villa have some good players but there’s a bit of an attitude problem. I don’t think they’ll go down but it reminds me of the squad we had when we went down under McClaren/Benitez.

Emery is a good manager but he’s walking into a tough job there.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This high winger wingback tactic which leaves our outside CBs exposed is on par with AVBs defensive disaster class.
Brighton the first club to actually exploit it where Brentford and Salzburg were unlucky not to.

Oh Potter. Continue with this winger as wingback nonsense and Havertz waltzing his way in the starting XI despite being shit you will lose the fans immediately. 

Some cases have worked ok at some clubs in the past. Valencia, Young & Milner. But it still feels like big clubs show boating when they do it. Especially if it goes wrong.

8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

We need winger,  St Maximin has only managed 30 games once and has only started 4 this season he is unreliable.  Trossard would fit that perfectly.     Our midfield is Joe7, Bruno, then one of Willock, Longstaff or Shelvey which is very thin,  adding a Gross to that certainly gives us more cutting edge. 

Ok, soon be January. I know nothing about this Newcastle side as the last time I saw them play Alan Gowling partnered John Tudor up front. I was posted 30 miles north of Newcastle and watched them regularly and traditions don't change. Used to love watching them attack and at the time was one of the best attacking teams in the country. Looks like they're back again. I wonder what they're saying down Sunderland way,.

3 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Brilliant again.

Thought this might have been a bit of a banana skin. I do think Villa have some good players but there’s a bit of an attitude problem. I don’t think they’ll go down but it reminds me of the squad we had when we went down under McClaren/Benitez.

Emery is a good manager but he’s walking into a tough job there.

It feels to me that Newcastle players have really brought into the idea the club is all set to do a Man City & are playing out of their skins to be part of it.

Villa, getting up & in there is the intent of the owners. But the players seem totally unmotivated except for a 15 minute burst of point proving to Gerrard at home to Brentford. Other than that, there's a lazy, what do you expect, we'll hopefully stay up sort of vibe. And that really doesn't match up with having Argentina's number 1, Leon Bailey, Danny Ings, exciting high potential players & a number of proven Premier League players.

1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

It feels to me that Newcastle players have really brought into the idea the club is all set to do a Man City & are playing out of their skins to be part of it.

Villa, getting up & in there is the intent of the owners. But the players seem totally unmotivated except for a 15 minute burst of point proving to Gerrard at home to Brentford. Other than that, there's a lazy, what do you expect, we'll hopefully stay up sort of vibe. And that really doesn't match up with having Argentina's number 1, Leon Bailey, Danny Ings, exciting high potential players & a number of proven Premier League players.

For me the Joelinton goal backs up your point,  we win the ball through Bruno in our 18 yard box,  we hit you on the counter but there was a 5 on 4 but then you see Ashley Young and that other CB stop running and leave Cash and Mings against 4 of our players. 

2 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

At the moment yes. But Newcastle being Newcastle?

This version of Newcastle is new. Can't know if they can keep this type of form up or not but with the other teams competing for top 4 not being at their best, they have a chance.

23 minutes ago, 6666 said:

This version of Newcastle is new. Can't know if they can keep this type of form up or not but with other teams competing for too 4 not being at their best, they have a chance.

It has shades of our 2012 season or Leicester's winning year.   If you are in it,  anything can happen.   We score a lot, and concede very little so I think we deserve being there by all metrics,  we are up there in the top 4.   We have also done it without ASM, Isak,  Bruno missed 3 games so I don't think it is fluke. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

not even close :D 

By wk 12 you were 3rd in a season where Chelsea, Liverpool, Man United and City all tanked and only Spurs and Arsenal tried to run the race.    You were just a lot more consistent than them and eventually opened up at the end. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived