talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-0 West Ham - Sunday 30th October, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.15 (GMT)

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png       VS     1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
22/01/2022 - Man Utd 1-0 West Ham
22/09/2021 -  Man Utd 0-1 West Ham (EFL Cup)
19/09/2021 - West Ham 1-2 Man Utd

Recent Form
Man Utd - WDWDW
West Ham - WWLDW

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester United XI: De Gea; Dalot, Maguire, Martinez, Shaw; Eriksen, Casemiro; Elanga, Rashford, Fernandes; Ronaldo.

Subs: Bishop, Dubravka, Fred, McTominay, Malacia, Pellistri, Van de Beek, Garnacho, Sancho.

I like it. Maybe start Fred but that's only a maybe. I like giving Maguire a game like this. He needs his confidence up and this is a good game for that. 

10 minutes ago, Ozzy0zz said:

Manchester United XI: De Gea; Dalot, Maguire, Martinez, Shaw; Eriksen, Casemiro; Elanga, Rashford, Fernandes; Ronaldo.

Subs: Bishop, Dubravka, Fred, McTominay, Malacia, Pellistri, Van de Beek, Garnacho, Sancho.

I like it. Maybe start Fred but that's only a maybe. I like giving Maguire a game like this. He needs his confidence up and this is a good game for that. 

McGuire is only playing because there is nobody else

I know they had a good last 15mins with a few chances but why do West Ham wait so long to have a go?

Shame we don't have any West Ham fans on here to enlighten us more but anytime I see them, I find them a bit of a slog lately. Thought that in the Bournemouth game Monday night also.

What I'm trying to work out is if its a case of the squad not being to handle regular European Football or if it's Moyes style being a bit too conservative. Maybe he needs to be a bit more daring.

Either that or it just feels like they have had a lot of Football for a small squad the last couple seasons that they have reached a bit of a limit.

Early days maybe but I do wonder if it won't be long before the fanbase get a bit restless with Moyes. It feels like he's taken them as far as he can.

One thing is clear from this fixture, the drop off in quality from our starting eleven is huge. Elanga and Maguire totally threw off the teams performance. 

Maguire to his credit put his body on the line and was brilliant second half defensively but looking at his overall game he's so slow in moving the ball out of defence. 

A win is a win though, playing bad and winning, not a bad habit to be in. 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-0 West Ham - Sunday 30th October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived