talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter - World Cup 2022

football forum

• Subscriber

With only about 2 weeks to go until the World Cup begins in Qatar, it's time to get the wheels in motion for GLORYHUNTER: WORLD CUP 2022 edition. For the first time, we're going to have two Gloryhunter games running side by side as some club teams will still be playing their games during the World Cup. 

This edition of Gloryhunter works mostly in the same way as the regular versions, and exactly the same as the Euro 2021 version I ran last year if you played that. But, just in case, here's how it works:

Getting Started / How Does It Work?

• Each player will be randomly assigned a team competing in the World Cup
  • If your team wins, you will get 3 points and stay with them for their next fixture.
  • If your team draws, you receive 1 point and get to choose which of the two teams you go to the next fixture with.
  • If your team loses, you receive 0 points and go to the next fixture with the team who have just beaten you.
  • If the team who have beaten you are out of the competition after that game (for example if a 4th place team happens to beat a 1st place team but is still out of the competition afterwards), you are also out of the competition.

The difference is that it's a group stage competition and then a knockout so we will likely lose a few players at the group stage, and then it'll be a race for everyone else to the final. There will be a World Cup 2022 winner crowned and immortalised in the Gloryhunter Honours thread, and there will be a Gloryhunter World Cup 2022 Champion which is the player who is top of the standings in the table.

The Euro 2021 version had the extra incentive for those in the Play Offs in the regular game but because we're in the middle of a season, we can't do that.

So, if you're interested, let me know and once we've got a few players, I'll start to do the draw for the teams - once a team goes, it will not be allocated to anybody else. 

Anybody is free to take part, even if you don't take part in the regular season ones!

I'll tag people once we get closer to the tournament beginning :) 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Just me and Stan then? ;) 

@DeadLinesman @Beelzebub @Coma @Dr. Gonzo @Lucas @Mel81x @nudge @RandoEFC @Rucksackfranzose @Toinho @Tommy @Viva la FCB

Thats all of those in your other Gloryhunter game, I think? now you can get your finger out and ask some others young man.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47a5z5k5m0o3nivruaaa

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

I'll start drawing the teams soon. Each team has been assigned a number and the random number generator determines which team you get.

image.png

Click to enlarge! It's stupidly small for some reason.

• Subscriber

Just done a batch load of random number generators:

Pyfish
image.png

On 31/10/2022 at 09:33, Stan said:

Yes please! 

image.png

6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

In.. 

image.png

6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I will charge a fee, £10 a tag :coffee: