talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter - World Cup 2022

football forum

• Subscriber

GROUP A
image.png

@Toinho started off the competition well with Ecuador securing a 2-0 win over hosts Qatar to put him top of the table.
@Bluewolf is the only player active in today's matches so good luck to Netherlands!

GROUP B
We have nobody in Group B which means England, Iran, USA and Wales group games we can ignore!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

GROUP A
We'll have daily updates now so that we can stay on track. Starting with yesterday's action, where @Bluewolf was the only player involved in a game as Netherlands beat Senegal 2-0. And we have nobody involved in Group B!

image.png

GROUP C & GROUP D
Four games to enjoy today, three of which involve Gloryhunter players!

image.png

Best of luck to @RandoEFC, @Viva la FCB and @Beelzebub!

image.png

Toinho and Bluewolf tied at the top of the table. Toinho just edges it because his name is last alphabetically... yeah I'm not sure why it's done that either.

• Subscriber

RESULTS
All of the first group stage matches are done now so here's the results after those!

image.png

Group C saw @RandoEFC's Argentina lose out to Saudi Arabia, so he moves to them for the next game.
In Group D, @Viva la FCB drew as Denmark so can stay put or move over to Tunisia, and @Beelzebub is moving to France after Australia lost to them.

image.png

@CaaC (John) and @N U F C faced off against each other as Spain thrashed Costa Rica 7-0, so points to John, and N U F C moves to Spain.
In Group F, Belgium won 1-0 so I stay put.

image.png

Group G saw @DeadLinesman move to Brazil from Serbia, and @Lucas and @Stan couldn't beat one another so they now have a choice.

Table
Spain's big win means good news for John at the top of the table with a superior goal difference whilst equally bad news for N U F C who has the worst goal difference.

image.png

Fixtures
image.png

• Subscriber

@Toinho and @Bluewolf - I completely forgot your matches were today and I'm only just compiling the results. Please choose between Netherlands and Ecuador before kick off. If not, I'll keep you at Netherlands (Bluewolf) and Ecuador (Toinho) :)

I'm writing the results post for everyone else now.

• Subscriber

RESULTS
Group Stage - Matchday 2

The second round of Group Stage fixtures are all done and dusted and here's what it means for all of us. 

image.png

No player has managed 2 wins in a row, but we do have 2 losses in a row (sorry @RandoEFC).

As mentioned in the previous post, @Bluewolf and @Toinho drew so can choose to stick with their current teams or move to the opposition. @Beelzebub and @Viva la FCB faced off against each other with France beating Denmark so both are at France for their next game. Rando lost for the second time in a row with Saudi Arabia losing out to his new team, Poland. I'm on the move to Morocco after their win over Belgium, @CaaC (John) and @N U F C have the choice of Spain or Germany, @DeadLinesman stays with Brazil, and @Lucas and @Stan move to Portugal.

image.png

Just one more round of fixtures and then it's the knockout stages - will we lose anybody before then?! Remember if your team loses to a team that doesn't progress from the group, you're out!

image.png

3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

@Toinho and @Bluewolf - I completely forgot your matches were today and I'm only just compiling the results. Please choose between Netherlands and Ecuador before kick off. If not, I'll keep you at Netherlands (Bluewolf) and Ecuador (Toinho) :)

Bit bloody late now... I have been at work since 7am

I would have stuck with Netherlands but a bit after the event now... 

8 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I was asleep, would’ve chosen Netherlands. As any sane person would’ve. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived