The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter - World Cup 2022

football forum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

RESULTS UPDATE
So all of the group stage matches have now finished, so let's see where we're up to! We've only had two Round of 16 matches involving our players so I'll round those up when they are all finished.

image.png

The big news is that three players are OUT and won't be taking part in the rest of the competition. @Beelzebub and @Viva la FCB lost 1-0 with France against Tunisia, who didn't qualify for the knockouts despite the win. It was the same situation for @DeadLinesman who's Brazil team fell to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Cameroon who also didn't qualify. 

Meanwhile, @Bluewolf and @Toinho keep up an unbeaten record and have progressed with Netherlands to the Round of 16 (and beyond but we aren't covering that here just yet!). Morocco progressed through to the Round of 16 too so great news for myself. @RandoEFC lost to Argentina but luckily they DID qualify so he's through. Spain lost to Japan in a thrilling couple of games in their group but with Japan going through as well, @CaaC (John) and @N U F C remain in the competition. Finally, another big European team was beaten but for @Lucas and @Stan it's still positive news as South Korea progressed as well.

image.png

The race for the title is on! Remember there's a Gloryhunter World Cup Champion for the person who comes top of the table, and also if you are with the team who wins the World Cup, you also get an honour in the Gloryhunter Honours.

So, 5 teams and 8 players remain!

image.png

Good luck!

9 hours ago, Pyfish said:

The big news is that three players are OUT and won't be taking part in the rest of the competition. @Beelzebub and @Toinho lost 1-0 with France against Tunisia,

9 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Meanwhile, @Bluewolf and @Toinho keep up an unbeaten record and have progressed with Netherlands

If Toinho has two teams in this competition, then the rest of us are at a bit of a disadvantage.... :ph34r: 

• Subscriber

QUARTER FINAL TIME!

So we've now played all of our Round of 16 games and we know which teams we're going to be with in the Quarter Finals!

image.png

Argentina beat Australia to secure their place, and a first win for @RandoEFC. Netherlands beat the USA so it's Quarter Finals for @Bluewolf and @Toinho as they are yet to lose. @Lucas and @Stan switch to Brazil after losing with South Korea. Also on the move are @CaaC (John) and @N U F C who move to Croatia. Morocco then beat Spain on penalties so it's Morocco for me.

image.png

• Subscriber

Forgot to post the table!

image.png

So as it stands, Toinho and Bluewolf would take the joint title of Gloryhunter World Cup Champions but there's still 3 games to play for (including the third place play off match for the semi final losers)

• Subscriber

RESULTS
Quarter Finals done and dusted - we are now down to the semi finals where we have 3 of the 4 teams in action. Whichever teams progress, the final of the Gloryhunter - World Cup 2022 competition will see ALL the remaining players gang up against myself. Yay to that.

image.png

@RandoEFC ends the unbeaten streak of @Bluewolf and @Toinho as Argentina beat Netherlands on penalties. Croatia knocked Brazil out, also on penalties, so @CaaC (John), @N U F C, @Lucas and @Stan are now all backing the Checkered Ones. And Morocco didn't need extra time or penalties as they beat Portugal to secure their place in the semi finals.

image.png

I sit top of the table for now but Toinho, Bluewolf and John are still in the race to take the crown.

image.png

Good luck to everyone in the semis and I'll see you in the final!

• Subscriber

SEMI FINALS!

The two semi final matches have now concluded and we know who's making up the 2022 World Cup Final - and of course due to the nature of how this competition works for us, nobody is in the Third Placed Play Off.

image.png

@Bluewolf, @Toinho and @RandoEFC were the only 3 players to win in the semi finals as their Argentina team beat @CaaC (John), @N U F C, @Lucas and @Stan's Croatia to secure their place in the final. The latter two having not won a single game in the tournament so far - will they pick up a win in the final?! Facing off against those 7 players in the final will be myself, with France, as Morocco couldn't secure another win for me.

image.png

So it's everyone remaining in the competition, going up against me to take the honour of having World Cup 2022 Winner in the Gloryhunter Honours - but for the Gloryhunter World Cup 2022 Champion, it's either @Bluewolf and @Toinho, or myself, as mathematically, nobody else can win!

image.png

• The topic was unpinned

Archived